Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Russell Wilson's new deal - wow.

Wilsons dominant season continues. Didn't even wake up til half the games were done and still a top QB. Unreal. Oh and no Jimmy, Lynch, Rawls nothin. Just making Doug Baldwin a top fantasy wr.

Oh also first QB in history to have 5 games in a row of 3tds 0ints. And clinched yet another berth. Not elite tho..lol

Settle down there bucko. It's only been 5 games. Gonna need a little more to justify that contract.

Settle down there bucko. It's only been 5 games. Gonna need a little more to justify that contract.

He got a contract and is having his best year. WHAT THE FOCK ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM? That's a serious question, what more do you want. He's proven this year he can put the offense on his back after Jimmy ruined it and they lost their 2 best rbs to boot. Jesus Fock man. If a 30+td low Int high passer rating year and another berth aren't enough...on top of arguably the best 3 year start to a career in history (look it up, I posted a link to the article) isn't enough, you have issues.

Make that the best 4 year start to a qbs career in history after this year. I'll give a min to let that sink in. Stack his stats up against any qb in history their first 4 years. Marino? He dusts him. Luck? That guy is Matt Stafford, he sucks. Wilson demolishing everyone and doing nothing but winning and making the playoffs. Am I putting him up there with Rodgers/Brady? No (even tho he's vastly outplaying Rogers and Aaron has flopped every year since he won the SB) but he's in that very next tier.

At this point it's becoming a joke when people downplay Wilson. It's entering "Brady is just a system qb" status quickly with every week that he has a ho hum 3td dominant game.

5 games just ain't enough. If he does it 6 weeks, then I'm sold.

5 no, 6 yes.

5 ehh, 6 stud.

Big make or break game this week.

P.S. Relax kid. Look back, I'm on your side.

I know, i was addressing that to anyone really, not a personal back and forth, didnt need a quote.

You have to def give Wilson giant props for this run he has had. He has most certainly played like an Elite Qb - during this stretch... Could be on his way to being one.

You have to def give Wilson giant props for this run he has had. He has most certainly played like an Elite Qb - during this stretch... Could be on his way to being one.

Yeah he might be. Or he might not be. Or Goodell might be a transvestite. Or maybe not. Or maybe the Pats will win the super bowl. Or maybe not.

If the NFC final four ends up with Seattle and Green Bay playing Arizona and Carolina it should be a great weekend. Just hope NFC east winner and I guess the Vikings get knocked out. 4 Elite QB's possibly.

The AFC playoffs are only good if NE plays PITT and then Denver. Too many crap teams and QB's

1 TD away from glory.

I think at this stage of the game. It really doesn't matter how good teams think they are. Their is no one that is going to want to play either Seattle or Pittsburgh come playoff time.

You can stop here - this is the entire argument/point. You think Russell is an elite qb. Myself, and many others, do not - certainly not worth this much........ Russell has been great in the system and role he's been placed in. With so much committed to him there - only a matter of time before the pieces around him leave or are told to leave bcoz they can't afford them.

You're mentioning Wilson in the same breath as Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees and Luck? Oh dear...

Like I said - he was a fantastic role player.

I posed this hypothetical a while back: If R. Wilson were a FA, and your team had a chance to get him, would you pay $22m a year to get it done? Me personally, no way - Re: he's not en elite qb.

Have you changed your tune yet? Wilson just absolutely shredded a very good Arizona defense. Russel Wilson is so damn good.

Have you changed your tune yet? Wilson just absolutely shredded a very good Arizona defense. Russel Wilson is so damn good.

He just capped off a dominant season in wich he pushed 35+ TDs, low ints and high QB rating. The most prolific QB through the first 4 years in history and didn't even get out of bed til the season was halfway over. That's called overcoming adversity, a sign of a great QB. Not wilting when the season isn't going great and putting the team on his back. Lynch who? Never heard of him. They were down to the RBs not even on the radar in preseason. I wont even respond to rebuttals from haters because it's laughable at this point.

I'm dreading my packers playing them in the playoffs considering I despise the Seachickens with a passion.

And you can stick a fork in the seahawks organization...

:D

On 7/31/2015 at 9:28 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

He has earned it and is worth it. I cant believe people are doubting that. Sure the Seahawks would have been better off paying less, but that wasnt an option. You would honestly let him walk for this much money? If the Seahawks let him walk then you could officially put a fork in them. Without an elite qb a team has almost no shot. Wilson is that, an elite qb. Good for the Seahawks for making the right call.

On 7/31/2015 at 9:33 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

The Seahawks will always be in the playoff mix with their elite qb in Russel Wilson. Dude is great. Not only is he a very good passer, the things he does running the ball and scrambling add a unique dimension. He is a very intelligent runner who will not let his ego force him to try for an extra yard or two instead of sliding.

This was so obvious of a call. Some real football genius in this thread. He is top 3. One of the all timers when it's all said and done

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This was so obvious of a call. Some real football genius in this thread. He is top 3. One of the all timers when it's all said and done

No one cares. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No one cares. 

About football? I'm sure some do. Wilson is on the same level as mahomes and Jackson.

20 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Don't be salty just because the Bears beat up the vagiants

Didn’t really care. Meh. Barkley done for the year. DGAF. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t really care. Meh. Barkley done for the year. DGAF. 

You dont care does not equal no one else cares. Barkley is soft anyway. Hes better suited as a large pass game back.

25 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Russell is and has been an MVP for years. Kid is incredible. I focking hate him 

Hard not to like him since he's not a flashy d0uchebag like some QBs. 

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Prior to the deal: 46-18 (0.750), in the regular season and 7-3 in the playoffs... 1 championship and 2 Super Bowl appearances.

Since the deal: 40-23-1 (0.625), in the regular season and 2-3 in the playoffs.

I don't see any more Super Bowls in his future.  Once teams pay up for their QB, it's over until the other teams over pay theirs.

On 12/21/2015 at 3:54 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the NFC final four ends up with Seattle and Green Bay playing Arizona and Carolina it should be a great weekend. Just hope NFC east winner and I guess the Vikings get knocked out. 4 Elite QB's possibly.

Carolina? I like Teddy, in fact he was my second choice after TB12. But I don't see them as a playoff team. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see any more Super Bowls in his future.  Once teams pay up for their QB, it's over until the other teams over pay theirs.

Fact. 

Mahomey big money doesn't start till next year

3 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Carolina? I like Teddy, in fact he was my second choice after TB12. But I don't see them as a playoff team. 

Carolina picked Teddy over Scam? ouch. Grass isn't always greener

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Fact. 

Mahomey big money doesn't start till next year

Yup.  Tyreek Hill will need a new deal soon.  He only has 2 more years left on his deal.  Eric Fisher is a FA after next season.  Kelce has some big cap hits coming up, starting with next season.  All that with Jones' big cap hit coming next season along with minuscule cap increase for the next 5 years.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I would take anyone over the Saints 3rd string QB. Glad he's gone. I would have taken Bradshaw in his 70s over Shamus. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Ron Rivera took Dwayne Haskins over Newton too.

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ron Rivera took Dwayne Haskins over Newton too.

:lol: