Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Now that the transcripts have been released for deflategate.....

That was good strategy. Almost as good as clearly fumbling the ball away to the raiders only to have a rule made up on the spot to negate it.

And Kraft and Belicheck were pretty happy with Goodell when he destroyed the spygate tapes. And I think that plays in to why Goodell came down so hard, and why the other owners wanted him to. They got hooked up big time once already, and they still said F everybody else. They deserve all of this.

Actually, it was an exhibit on 4th quarter choking by Carroll and Wilson. The biggest gift in NFL history.

I'm totally shocked you forgot about the only time a QB came back from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl.......and it was against the best defense in football. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

• Like 1

I'm totally shocked you forgot about the only time a QB came back from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl.......and it was against the best defense in football. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Thomas was banged up and Sherman was playing with one arm. Despite the comeback, Seattle had the game in their hands. Carroll overthought it, and then Wilson choked and threw a pick.

It was really lucky too how they put in the 3CB goalline package on the pick too. The only time all year they used that package. Dang that was lucky.

It was really lucky too how they put in the 3CB goalline package on the pick too. The only time all year they used that package. Dang that was lucky.

All the more reason it should have been a run. Between Mr Wonderful, Carroll, and the 25 million dollar QB not calling off to a run, the Pats were standing in a field of four leaf clovers.

Luck... the result of hard work and preparation.

It's commonplace for the poor to consider the wealthy lucky.

It's normal for the losers to consider the winners lucky.

• Like 1

Thomas was banged up and Sherman was playing with one arm. Despite the comeback, Seattle had the game in their hands. Carroll overthought it, and then Wilson choked and threw a pick.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I don't listen to excuses in sports. There's been plenty of times when I played that if I only would have done this or if they would have only done that then we would have won. In this instance yea if Lynch ran it then they might have scored. Then again maybe he gets stuffed all the times he ran it. We will never know.

Luck... the result of hard work and preparation.

It's commonplace for the poor to consider the wealthy lucky.

It's normal for the losers to consider the winners lucky.

How many extra hours in the weight room did it take the Patriots to make Carroll call a pass play there?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I don't listen to excuses in sports. There's been plenty of times when I played that if I only would have done this or if they would have only done that then we would have won. In this instance yea if Lynch ran it then they might have scored. Then again maybe he gets stuffed all the times he ran it. We will never know.

LOLOL

Just heard a sports talk host talking to a lawyer who's closely following the proceedings. According to him, the judge has a very interesting observation. Judge: Where's the 'gate'? I don't see it.

LOLOL

I'm sorry you feel jaded because your team wasn't there and it was the patriots who won

I'm sorry you feel jaded because your team wasn't there and it was the patriots who won

Just straightening out the tin foil hatters who came up with the hilarious theory that the league wants Brady suspended to give the other teams in the league a chance. Bwahahahaha One ring in ten years and Carroll was the MVP. Let's go back to reality. The fact that Brady cheated and the Pats got heavily penalized. :music_guitarred:

How many extra hours in the weight room did it take the Patriots to make Carroll call a pass play there?

you learn more from losing than winning... unless you always make your failures about the other guy being "luckier"... that's the recipe for being a perennial loser. If you change your approach, things may actually start to go your way once in a while.

you learn more from losing than winning... unless you always make your failures about the other guy being "luckier"... that's the recipe for being a perennial loser. If you change your approach, things may actually start to go your way once in a while.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just straightening out the tin foil hatters who came up with the hilarious theory that the league wants Brady suspended to give the other teams in the league a chance. Bwahahahaha One ring in ten years and Carroll was the MVP. Let's go back to reality. The fact that Brady cheated and the Pats got heavily penalized. :music_guitarred:

If we are getting back to reality then the reality is patriots beat the Seahawks and won the super bowl. Dont know why you keep trying to downplay it

If we are getting back to reality then the reality is patriots beat the Seahawks and won the super bowl. Dont know why you keep trying to downplay it

I know they did., First ring in ten years. Congrats to them. But it's still hilarious that someone suggested the league wanted Brady suspended to make the other teams happy and make things fair. One ring in ten years hardly makes them a juggernaut or a team everyone fears. Just another example of the whiny Bostonians trying to pretend they were setup. Man, this cheating not only brought out the worst in Brady, but also all the blind homer fans struggling to come up with excuses. :(

it's a loser's mentality... like the mother who's kid fails in school and she blames the school, the teacher, the test, anything but herself or her kid.

The Patriots have been dominating the NFL for 15 year with multiple titles, records, championship, wins, etc. And those like Newbie accredit it all to a laundry list of lucky breaks, unfair advantages, cheating, and manipulating the system. You're right Newbie, it wasn't the Eagles fault they failed, it was bad luck and a rigged system.

it's a loser's mentality... like the mother who's kid fails in school and she blames the school, the teacher, the test, anything but herself or her kid.

The Patriots have been dominating the NFL for 15 year with multiple titles, records, championship, wins, etc. And those like Newbie accredit it all to a laundry list of lucky breaks, unfair advantages, cheating, and manipulating the system. You're right Newbie, it wasn't the Eagles fault they failed, it was bad luck and a rigged system.

I'm not alone in attributing it to cheating. It's their legacy.

That was a great moment. Having heat related symptoms and still playing through it. They lost the game by 3 points, but loved seeing our QB be tough. :thumbsup:

I'm not alone in attributing it to cheating.

I know you're not.

There's a contingent of people who think Bush was responsible for 9/11.

There are tons of people who watch the Kardashian's TV show.

Just because you've surrounded yourself with idiots doesn't mean you're right.

Keep that in mind when you speak of the New York Football Giants.

I know you're not.

Coming from the side who thinks the NFL is conspiring against Brady because he's too good. That's rich.

I wouldn't expect a dull rock to understand, but sometimes extra hours in the film room are even more important than extra hours in the weight room.

I would say "Think about that", but I know you can't.

I wouldn't expect a dull rock to understand, but sometimes extra hours in the film room are even more important than extra hours in the weight room.

I would say "Think about that", but I know you can't.

I don't think he or anyone is saying the D was not prepared or run well on that play.

We are saying that makes it even worse than Seattle called a pass there seeing that defense.

All the prep in the world can't account for the stupidity of not using Lynch there.

Great play by NE...great 4th quarter by them.

Still came down to a play that should have never happened.

Of course...playing the should have game...GB should have closed Seattle out 2 weeks before that.

Luck???

Nope...

"Malcom had seen that in practice. He pretty much knew what the route would be."

I don't think he or anyone is saying the D was not prepared or run well on that play.

We are saying that makes it even worse than Seattle called a pass there seeing that defense.

All the prep in the world can't account for the stupidity of not using Lynch there.

Great play by NE...great 4th quarter by them.

Still came down to a play that should have never happened.

Of course...playing the should have game...GB should have closed Seattle out 2 weeks before that.

I have no clue what happened there. Obviously I assumed Lynch was getting the ball and that Seattle was winning. That said, I'm sure Seattle had scouted NE's goal line defense, and maybe they saw something that made NE look susceptible to that play on fist down....Or maybe with Seattle only having 1 time out left, they were a bit stuck. If Seattle runs and doesn't get in, they are out of timeouts. Then the entire world knows they can't run it on 3rd down. And 4th down may not even happen.

I'm not willing to defend the call to the death, but I do think it's more complex. Whereas so many seem to think they had 3 shots with Lynch to get it in from the 1. Or they just want to pretend it was 100% that Seattle would get it in on the first try.

I have no clue what happened there. Obviously I assumed Lynch was getting the ball and that Seattle was winning. That said, I'm sure Seattle had scouted NE's goal line defense, and maybe they saw something that made NE look susceptible to that play on fist down....Or maybe with Seattle only having 1 time out left, they were a bit stuck. If Seattle runs and doesn't get in, they are out of timeouts. Then the entire world knows they can't run it on 3rd down. And 4th down may not even happen.

I'm not willing to defend the call to the death, but I do think it's more complex. Whereas so many seem to think they had 3 shots with Lynch to get it in from the 1. Or they just want to pretend it was 100% that Seattle would get it in on the first try.

I still don't know why BB wasn't calling time outs down there.

Luck isnt the pla

y he made...are you all this dense?

Why Sho... are you cross? you sound cross?

Of course Mr. Carroll made a mistake there... champions make you pay for your mistakes... it's why they are champions.

What are your thoughts going to be when the NFL loses this case and the judge reinstates Brady? Everything i'm hearing is that the NFL is getting their a$$ handed to them and they've done a sh!tty job presenting their case because they have no evidence to prove he did anything wrong.

Goodell's ego in this is going to cost him his job. When Brady gets fully reinstated and doesn't miss a single game, Goodell will have lost all credibility. I can see every player challenging him in federal court for the simplest of offenses. He'll be spending all his time tied up in the court system instead of doing actual commish work.

It sounds like the Ball Boys may be testifying next week. I think them testifying is needed to legitimize this appeal.

Bunny - thoughts won't change.

Pats fans and unbiased journalists who cover the NFL will hold the NE Dynasty and Brady among the greatest to ever play.

As for Goodell and the NFL offices - they become universally mis-trusted and disliked

It sounds like the Ball Boys may be testifying next week. I think them testifying is needed to legitimize this appeal.

I believe Wells spoke with them - and then just left everything they said out of his "independent" report.

Based on that, I'd guess their testimonies won't help the NFL much.

I know you're not.

Denial is a pathetic thing, son

What are your thoughts going to be when the NFL loses this case and the judge reinstates Brady? Everything i'm hearing is that the NFL is getting their a$$ handed to them and they've done a sh!tty job presenting their case because they have no evidence to prove he did anything wrong.

Goodell's ego in this is going to cost him his job. When Brady gets fully reinstated and doesn't miss a single game, Goodell will have lost all credibility. I can see every player challenging him in federal court for the simplest of offenses. He'll be spending all his time tied up in the court system instead of doing actual commish work.

It would mean that Kraft admitted they cheated by accepting the team penalties so quickly, but that there wasn't enough concrete evidence to prove that Brady was the ones who ordered the balls deflated. And that the NFL botched the investigation.

Maybe they'll find a time machine and recreate the Saints trial and make the audio tape of Greg Williams telling his players to try to destroy Crabtree's ACL disappear. Keep your fingers crossed.

I still don't know why BB wasn't calling time outs down there.

I'm not saying I believe BB is this genius......but several articles and BB's own words have indicated he wanted Seattle to pass....and he jedi mindtricked it into happening.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-belichick-explains-no-timeout-at-end-of-the-super-bowl-2015-2

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/bill-belichick-timeouts-super-bowl-seattle-interception-new-england-patriots-brilliant-seattle-sehawks

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/02/pete_carroll_s_play_call_didn_t_lose_the_super_bowl_bill_belichick_tom_brady.html

Bunny - thoughts won't change.

Pats fans and unbiased journalists who cover the NFL will hold the NE Dynasty and Brady among the greatest to ever play.

As for Goodell and the NFL offices - they become universally mis-trusted and disliked

What if I'm in the camp that Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play and that he cheated?