Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Tom Brady Suspension Overtuned

There it is. Now on to appeal I'm sure.

Edited by Mike FF Today
Title Edited

Don't know if "innocent" is the right word, but the judge overturned the NFL's 4 game suspension.

def bullsh*t. cba means nothing now? all suspended players should go to court

on the other hand took him in the 10th round yesterday so I got that going for me

The next move will be interesting by the NFL...I wonder if Gooddell just arbitrarily says "2 games for conduct unbecoming" or something. Move Brady WAY up the draft boards...a full season AND the chance to shove his foot up the NFL's collective ass 16 times?! :shocking:

Don't know if "innocent" is the right word, but the judge overturned the NFL's 4 game suspension.

Well there is absolutely no evidence. Hearsay is not evidence

There is evidence that at least two employees knew brady was aware and involved, and there WAS evidence on a phone that was destroyed.

When is the last time you destroyed your cell phone for no reason?

sean payton got suspended a year and he did nothing

so what...it doesnt mean they can keep suspending people because Roger feels like it.

When is the last time you destroyed your cell phone for no reason?

Again...hearsay...what is on his personal cell phone is his business. If they want his phone they need to get a WARRANT!

I hate Goodell.

They had zero proof. So the guy is innocent.

When are the owners finally going to fire this clown,

Let's not lose sight of the important thing here - taking Brady in the 7th was a steal! So, he'll probably tear an ACL week 1.

• Like 1

There is evidence that at least two employees knew brady was aware and involved, and there WAS evidence on a phone that was destroyed.

they had those employees cell phones so if there was evidence like you are speculating there would be evidence to uphold the suspension. You all act as if you have better judgement on this than the judge.

Again...hearsay...what is on his personal cell phone is his business. If they want his phone they need to get a WARRANT!

Yeah, you can't ask a guy for his personal phone. If I did something wrong on the job they can have my work phone and emails. But no way am I just giving them my personal phone. Screw that. They have zero rights to it.

So annoying. I've been planning to target him in the 7/8 turn for weeks, then they announce this hours before my draft.

Does New England still lose that #1 draft pick?

That is such a huge question. Ball is in Kraft's court and if I'm him I sue to get that number one back.

But I'm flabbergasted how a judge can overturn the NFL CBA? I mean it specifically states the commish has the power to do what he did. Not saying what he did was right, but just sayin. You think the MLBPA would put up with this lol...?

I thought Tagliabue was a clown, but this ass hat takes it to a new level entirely.

they had those employees cell phones so if there was evidence like you are speculating there would be evidence to uphold the suspension. You all act as if you have better judgement on this than the judge.

And you are looking at this as if it's a case of black and white, which it isn't. The reality is that the judge had a black or white decision, either uphold the imposed suspension or don't. The league found it "more probable than not" that Brady knew and participated in it, but evidence to support that may (or may not) have been on that cell phone that he destroyed. If someone shoots someone else and there is no gun because the guy doing the killing get rid of it, it becomes much harder to prove. And that's in criminal case where warrants can compel people to hand over stuff and co-operate. This was a judge ruling on an internal company investigation where one party did not cooperate fully and the other made assumptions based on that lack of cooperation.

And you are looking at this as if it's a case of black and white, which it isn't. The reality is that the judge had a black or white decision, either uphold the imposed suspension or don't. The league found it "more probable than not" that Brady knew and participated in it, but evidence to support that may (or may not) have been on that cell phone that he destroyed. If someone shoots someone else and there is no gun because the guy doing the killing get rid of it, it becomes much harder to prove. And that's in criminal case where warrants can compel people to hand over stuff and co-operate. This was a judge ruling on an internal company investigation where one party did not cooperate fully and the other made assumptions based on that lack of cooperation.

Well if I am not mistaken wasnt it Goodell who picked to file in NY so he would get this judge? I am just glad this bullshit is over so we all can enjoy the season. Plus I drafted Brady in the 8th round of my keeper league last week. So I got a steal :first:

Actually kinda glad the suspension got overturned. Now some fool will reach for a QB in the 2nd-4th who will put up stats of a guy I can get in the 8th. One year older, no Vereen, top 2 WRs battling injuries...

Can he be a top 5 QB? Sure. But would I wager a high pick on him doing that? No. Kudos to guys who've already had their drafts and got him late though.

Gronk is the biggest benefactor. Get him while you can!

I was just happy that something had finally gone wrong for Tom Brady. That fvcker has everything going for him. And once again he has won.

Goodell is an idioit. He and the NFL would be smart to get someone else to review appeals as an "independent arbitrator". Then, this case would likely never gone to court.

I think fans are mostly disgusted with Goodell for making it up as he goes along. He has lost a LOT of credibility.

I was just happy that something had finally gone wrong for Tom Brady. That fvcker has everything going for him. And once again he has won.

I'll amend this...he hasn't completely won. I'm sure he has taken a huge hit in the court of public opinion and probably lost some present or future endorsement deals.

The interesting thing is the judge said you can't levy that suspension just because a player has an alleged "general knowledge" of deflation. If a player has general knowledge someone on his team is taking steroids, is that player also up for a 4 game suspension?. It's ludicrous. Goodell had such a flimsy case and was relying solely on the CBA to do whatever he wants. He's a clown.

• Like 1

He was innocent of not knowing that cheating in this manner was punishable by suspension.....mkay

Hey it's today's society, how often does a celebrity actually ever lose a court case?

Footnote is that this does not clear Brady of cheating, only that the league didn't say you could get suspended for this so....he is able to play and NE will move on to the next rule they can break that doesn't have established penatly by the league so they can get away with something else.

def bullsh*t. cba means nothing now? all suspended players should go to court

on the other hand took him in the 10th round yesterday so I got that going for me

I think this is a unique circumstance.

The NFL suspended Brady for doing something and they had no proof that he did it.

there is no judge in the world that wouldnt have overturned that suspension.

The NFL was stupid to pursue this in the first place. They should have accepted Bradys offer to take a 1 game suspension for not cooperating with the investigation and been done with it.

I work in a line of work where lawyers sometimes get involved, and anytime we are in a position where we have insufficient proof, and are offered a deal, we usually accept it. Most times when we dont accept it we get burned like the NFL did today.

dumb move on their part.

• Like 1

Well if I am not mistaken wasnt it Goodell who picked to file in NY so he would get this judge? I am just glad this bullshit is over so we all can enjoy the season. Plus I drafted Brady in the 8th round of my keeper league last week. So I got a steal :first:

It was a pre-emptive strike to try to get a more favorable judge than the one in Minnesota. And again, just because the judge says that Gooddell overstepped his bounds doesn't mean Brady isn't guilty.

It was a pre-emptive strike to try to get a more favorable judge than the one in Minnesota. And again, just because the judge says that Gooddell overstepped his bounds doesn't mean Brady isn't guilty.

the fact the judge overturned the suspension says the judge considers Brady innocent.

"Just because the judge couldn't find any evidence that Brady cheated doesn't mean he did" yea ok. It doesn't matter if God himself proclaimed Brady's innocence people who don't like him or the Pats will still say he was guilty. That judges ruling says otherwise.

• Like 1

the fact the judge overturned the suspension says the judge considers Brady innocent.

Are you that focking obtuse? This had nothing to do with him being innocent or guilty, the decision was based on Goodell and the use of his power. This says nothing about whether Brady did it or not, it speaks only to whether Goodell had the right to impose the penalty that he did based on the evidence he had...some of which was destroyed by Brady.

I get it, you're a Pats apologist and have an investment in Brady and Gronk...still not an excuse to be a retard.

Goodell essentially forgot to read him his rights, so Brady gets off.