Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

James Jones or Donte Moncrief

Jones

I'm facing the same choice. I lost my 2nd round pick in JNelson, so I'm interested in both.

Both are in elite offenses with top 3 qbs, with emphasis on passing, so there's little separation there.

Jones is more of the season long option, like megatron said above. Yesterday, he got the red zone looks, and the TDs.

He's the wise old man on the wr corps now, with Rodgers' trust.

Montcrief got 11 targets though.

I'll lean toward JJones, but it is kind of a toss-up. I'm putting in claims on each, hoping I nab one.

I think theres a chance AJ is washed up and moncreif could become the 2nd option in that offense even when Hilton is back. he's my top target. jones would be a fine consolation though, just more inconsistent.

Anyone grabbing Steve Johnson over Jones or Moncrief? He was a stud back with Buffalo and is only 29 and the #2 WR in San Diego.

It's all about targets and opportunities.

Well it's also about need. If you need/want a couple of week fill-in for Hilton, Moncrief is attractive. But if you are looking for a season long contributor Jones is your man.

Well it's also about need. If you need/want a couple of week fill-in for Hilton, Moncrief is attractive. But if you are looking for a season long contributor Jones is your man.

I'm afraid this is where i've settled, Hilton could be back in a week or two. I do think Moncrief can have season long value, but Rodgers and JJ can rip off 2-3 TD games like they did Sunday at any time.

Anyone grabbing Steve Johnson over Jones or Moncrief? He was a stud back with Buffalo and is only 29 and the #2 WR in San Diego.

I grabbed Stevie over both Jones & Moncrief.

I think Jones will be too up/down (Adams still targeted 8 times & think he'll continue to get that many looks going forward). Everything I've read is TY is day to day & most likely will sit 1 wk, maybe 2 & when he comes back, Moncrief will go back to #3.

Stevie took over for Royal (who had 62-778-7 last yr in SD) & will continue to put up respectable #s (especially in ppr). I don't think Stevie's #s will be that far off from Royal's #s last yr. He had 1 TD & darn near 2. I think he's the safest choice but not necessarily the flashiest. I'd rather have a guy I can count on for roughly 6-60 (with occasional TD) than a guy that will be too inconsistent (Jones) or be replaced within 2 wks (Moncrief).

My $.02

Fwiw moncreif had only two of his targets after Hilton left late 3rd (both end zone, one he caught). you could almost argue having Hilton in there was better for his production.

Targets don't score points I will take the two tds

you could almost argue having Hilton in there was better for his production.

That was certainly the case in Moncrief's explosion game last year in week 8 vs PIT. I'd see a 20 yard pass play and an Indy receiver taken to the ground and I'd be saying, "All right who was it this time, number 13 or number 10 ?"

What about Terrance Williams?

I'd take him over all mentioned - wish he was available in my league.

I wanted James Jones but ended up with moncrief.

I think James Jones is a solid 6-12 pts a week whereas moncrief will be all over the place. Some big weeks and some duds.

I think Jones will be too up/down (Adams still targeted 8 times & think he'll continue to get that many looks going forward). Everything I've read is TY is day to day & most likely will sit 1 wk, maybe 2 & when he comes back, Moncrief will go back to #3.

Stevie took over for Royal (who had 62-778-7 last yr in SD) & will continue to put up respectable #s (especially in ppr). I don't think Stevie's #s will be that far off from Royal's #s last yr. He had 1 TD & darn near 2. I think he's the safest choice but not necessarily the flashiest. I'd rather have a guy I can count on for roughly 6-60 (with occasional TD) than a guy that will be too inconsistent (Jones) or be replaced within 2 wks (Moncrief).

My $.02

Same here. I had Stevie, Jones, and Moncrief all available, and ended up dropping M Wheaton for Stevie.

Because of an unusually early draft this year (people had out of town issues) I had Kelvin Benjamin and Jordy Nelson on my team. I also drafted Edelmann and Stevie Johnson so I survived week 1. I put in bids for both Moncrief and Jones this week, got Jones. Terrance Williams and Devonte Adams were both drafted in my 12 team league and I feel lucky to get Jones.

Rogers didn't have a full off-season with Jones because of the late signing. Four targets in week one might have just been "testing the waters" to see if the old chemistry still exists. With the confidence gained by that first game, I expect the targets to Jones to go up as the season progresses. Both quarterbacks are elite, but given the choice, I'll take the receiver catching balls from the elite QB with the most experience. I'll take Jones over Moncrief.

Same here. I had Stevie, Jones, and Moncrief all available, and ended up dropping M Wheaton for Stevie.

Exactly same drop too.

Great minds think alike

Which two to own long term:

Jones

Moncrief

K. Wright

Ertz

How long ?

excellent job derailing the thread.

Jones went for $20 in my league and Moncrief $25 to me. I overpaid for him but as a Bryant/Maclin owner i needed another WR in the worst way (I do have landry at least). .5ppr scoring so i do value targets/catches and i believe Moncrief with his size will get a good amount of RZ looks to compete with Jones for TDs in what should also be a high volume pass offense.

My $.02

I ended up claiming Jones because he plays on Sunday night :unsure: Moncrief is more of a swing for the fence add but did not want to swing and miss.

I ended up claiming Jones because he plays on Sunday night :unsure: Moncrief is more of a swing for the fence add but did not want to swing and miss.

Live in faith and not fear of failing . Always go for the homerun .