Sign in to follow this  
jdon

cj anderson..

Wow, Denver's o-line sux!

I benched CJ at the last minute. Health and a suspect O-Line was enough for me to make the decision. Hopefully Garçon can get more than 3 points.

Agreed. They suck and the line sucks. It's going to be a long year.

At least I have Jamaal amd the Broncos D. Carrying my awful Broncos backs.

When does the easy schedule start for the Broncos!!'???!

The line definitely needs work. I dont think there is any doubt about that. They looked a bit better late in the game, but I wouldnt want any QB or RB of mine playing behind that line.

Benched him at the last minute on a gut feeling. So glad I did. Starting Bernard instead. Hes an RB2 with a higher floor than RB1 Anderson SMH.

Denver have running game issues.

when peyton went back to shotgun flinging it all around their offense moved again. when they start playing teams with less up front and teams have to respect the pass more the running game should improve. cj is a buy-low. i'm a hillman owner and i'm still holding.

I'm a die hard broncos fan for 43 years,,which doesn't really mean sh!t,,but working new off linemen in has alot to do with anderson running like crap and peyton being sacked and hit so many times. Elway has done a great job,but working in a new line in the last two years of an old qb like manning's contract is stupid. Not to mention the 1st two games were against pretty good run d's

I'm a die hard broncos fan for 43 years,,which doesn't really mean sh!t,,but working new off linemen in has alot to do with anderson running like crap and peyton being sacked and hit so many times. Elway has done a great job,but working in a new line in the last two years of an old qb like manning's contract is stupid. Not to mention the 1st two games were against pretty good run d's

without a doubt. New coach, new line, theres lots of factors.

Manning needs a comfort level with the new system too.

But new or not, the line didnt really get it done tonight. 12 carries for 27 yards for your RB who is supposed to be the #1 just doesnt cut it.

some of that is the fault of the line for sure. To some degree I think that Anderson has straight line speed and some power, but doesnt have the elusiveness to slip past someone when an assignment is missed.

This is why Hillman looked better tonight (in my opinion). Hes a bit more elusive and slippery, so when assignments were blown, hillman was able to slip by in some cases.

I do agree, tough D tonight and tough D last week, and better matchups are ahead for the next 3-4 games.

to all the people telling me who you started instead of CJ after the game... you are gutless! Would you still be posting if anderson dropped 120 yards and 2tds?

Speak before the game or don't speak at all.

thank you,

love,

jdon

ps. yes I started anderson and yes I hate him.

to all the people telling me who you started instead of CJ after the game... you are gutless! Would you still be posting if anderson dropped 120 yards and 2tds?

thank you,

love,

jdon

I benched Anderson for Doug Martin this week.

Wish I had done the same, but that's hindsight talking. I saw some good posts on Rotoworld, which have taken me down off the ledge with regards to C.J. The extra few days before week 3 will do this team some good. They come back against Detroit, who Manning should be able to carve up if the coaches let him run his offense. That will open the room for C.J. to do some work.

Well said jdon

• Like 1

Wish I had done the same, but that's hindsight talking. I saw some good posts on Rotoworld, which have taken me down off the ledge with regards to C.J. The extra few days before week 3 will do this team some good. They come back against Detroit, who Manning should be able to carve up if the coaches let him run his offense. That will open the room for C.J. to do some work.

What it looks like is this team is unable to run to set up the pass. The line isn't good enough. They need to tire out the defenses first to have any chance. Fresh d lines have dominated the Bronco oline.

Need to see them throw every play in their first series.

Just glad that the only team I have Anderson on he is my second rb , and with that said after next week I'm going to hook him on my fishing pole and trade him .

thank you,

love,

jdon

Dang I felt so brave when I did it.

I'm not jumping ship, just didnf like match up and Doug's got a sweet one. Really it wasn't that crazy of a call.

I picked the guy in a couple leagues and now I'm panicking... in the league where I have hillman, i will survive, but in the league without hillman I consider my first round pick to be a complete ###### waste.

What the ###### is going on in Denver and why can a guy look so good, only to be complete shiit?

somebody talk some sense into me and make me feel better for believing in the guy.

jdon

If he has a 3rd poor outing in a row, that's when it's time to consider moving on (Trade, WW drop).

i feel like we need a pinned anderson v hillman season long thread.

Heh, this does seem to be the topic of the day. Funny I just passed on CJ in 2 drafts, I'm feeling fairly vindicated about that at this point.

All the tough matchup talk is fine and dandy. But I dont draft a guy in rnd 1 if hes a matchup based potential dud who I have to coddle and check wich defenders are hurt or how they did vs the run the previous week. I want my 1st round guy to be a no brainer start, good or bad. If that means switching gears and going WR over RB, thats what i do. A 1st rnd pick should have no excuses, hes either a stud or a bust, accept it either way.

• Like 1

That's true tantastic, but Lacy bombed the first 4 games last year too.

But I don't think anyone can look at any cj Anderson tape and say wow that guy looks greattttt.

All the tough matchup talk is fine and dandy. But I dont draft a guy in rnd 1 if hes a matchup based potential dud who I have to coddle and check wich defenders are hurt or how they did vs the run the previous week. I want my 1st round guy to be a no brainer start, good or bad. If that means switching gears and going WR over RB, thats what i do. A 1st rnd pick should have no excuses, hes either a stud or a bust, accept it either way.

He was DND for me personally, but he cost me a 16th round pick in keeper league so I don't look at him the same someone does drafting him in the first round.

That's what it should be. But not everyone thinks that way.

Lots of people reach based on potential. And that's fine to do. I just dont do it with my first round pick.

Every other pick is fair game for that sort of thing.

The saying is: you dont generally win your draft in the first round, but you certainly can lose your draft in the first round.