Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Ronnie Hillman

Iv considered it Hillmans job to lose since preseason. Iv watched the NFL before, I know how things go in Denver.

Dammit. I dropped him this week and the CJ owner picked him up.

They both had 11 carries. Hillman luckily broke a 72 yarder.

Dammit. I dropped him this week and the CJ owner picked him up.

I also dropped him and am not too concerned that it was a mistake yet. Without the one big carry, he didn't do much at all. I still see that as a bad o-line and not a great situation for both backs.

the coach remember that one big carry. If you watched the game, you will notice Anderson was ineffective the first half and Ronnie took over as the starting back in the second half.

For the first half, Anderson had 5 carry while Ronnie only had 1. Ronnie was hot, so coach switched out Anderson. Essentially, Ronnie is in equal footing with Anderson. We will see how it plays out in the next couple games, but it could just be a RBBC cluster .

Right now I'm so sorry to say to you Anderson owners how much better of a value Hillman was during your draft .

the coach remember that one big carry. If you watched the game, you will notice Anderson was ineffective the first half and Ronnie took over as the starting back in the second half.

For the first half, Anderson had 5 carry while Ronnie only had 1. Ronnie was hot, so coach switched out Anderson. Essentially, Ronnie is in equal footing with Anderson. We will see how it plays out in the next couple games, but it could just be a RBBC cluster ######.

The coach will remember the one big carry. And if he could have in the guy with the higher ypc plus is a homerun threat who do you think he will pick? This is a RBBC mess but Hillman has outplayed CJ each week. At some point you would think it would tilt his way.

Hillman has been the better runner all season but Kubiak wants Anderson to be the man based on some comments from last week. He will give him a few more weeks to do something anything that warrants keeping this as a RBBC even though it's clear more of Hillman and less of Anderson gives Denver the better chance to keep winning.

BTW: Anderson looks exactly like Kincade from Nightmare on Elm Street 3/4.

Kubiak wouldn't bite on whether Hillman should be the team's No. 1 back. Hillman has looked the most comfortable in the new offense throughout training camp, the preseason and now a month into the regular season.

All Kubiak would offer was to say "we're going to play both," as he pointed out they split the carries Sunday, 11 each for Hillman and C.J. Anderson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/15372/broncos-hope-ronnie-hillmans-touchdown-run-just-a-preview-to-bigger-things

Sounds like Anderson and Hill man going to get the same amount of carries, Hillman still need to show more to take the starting job.

Kubiak wouldn't bite on whether Hillman should be the team's No. 1 back. Hillman has looked the most comfortable in the new offense throughout training camp, the preseason and now a month into the regular season.

All Kubiak would offer was to say "we're going to play both," as he pointed out they split the carries Sunday, 11 each for Hillman and C.J. Anderson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/15372/broncos-hope-ronnie-hillmans-touchdown-run-just-a-preview-to-bigger-things

Sounds like Anderson and Hill man going to get the same amount of carries, Hillman still need to show more to take the starting job.

Do we take Kubiak at his word here? I remember lots of talk, based on his history, that he is a bell cow guy. Will he truly change his philosophy because he can't decide who to feature? It seems pretty clear to everyone, except Kubiak, that Hillman is the more productive RB and that's really all that matters. If he decides to split carries evenly then neither guy has much value to us due to the pretty crappy run game Denver has shown. Both RB have proven to be able to handle a full load and with that things change and value is there.

Well, Ronnie is better so far, everyone can tell, except Ronnie isn't that much better. Technically Ronnie got a promotion and Anderson is demoted. It's just Ronnie has to keep showing up every week to eventually take over, it's trending in the right direction. I think the coaches still giving Anderson chances to earn back his job.

Hillman has been the better runner all season but Kubiak wants Anderson to be the man based on some comments from last week. He will give him a few more weeks to do something anything that warrants keeping this as a RBBC even though it's clear more of Hillman and less of Anderson gives Denver the better chance to keep winning.

BTW: Anderson looks exactly like Kincade from Nightmare on Elm Street 3/4.

I cant recall a single black person in any of those movies. Except Freddy vs Jason where he kills Kelly Rowland and says "How sweet, dark meat!".

Hillman got lucky and broke one, otherwise CJ anderson would be the guy. Right now both Denver RB are a risky start.

Agree both are risky , but Hillman looks better .

Hillman got lucky and broke one, otherwise CJ anderson would be the guy. Right now both Denver RB are a risky start.

If CJ runs that same exact way he isnt breaking that for a TD. Cant teach speed. Both are risky I agree.

I cant recall a single black person in any of those movies. Except Freddy vs Jason where he kills Kelly Rowland and says "How sweet, dark meat!".

He was a very original concept of a golden-hearted ex gang banger. Got super strong in his dreams. Got killed in a car junkyard world, or something stupid like that.

Cant teach speed.

You know, Madden FB was full of Madden saying that after you'd break a long play.

I always thought that track and field coaches would object to that saying :)

You know, Madden FB was full of Madden saying that after you'd break a long play.

I always thought that track and field coaches would object to that saying :)

I could be an olympic T and F coach. "Ok, I want you to run really fast! Got that?" Or "jump over those hurdles using the techniques you learned in jr high, ok?" Done.

If CJ runs that same exact way he isnt breaking that for a TD. Cant teach speed. Both are risky I agree.

So HIllman broke a huge run against a horrible run defense for a TD, this still doesn't change my opinion on him or Anderson. This is the same defense that got gutted by Hyde in week 1, and got gutted by Denver this week. Min are 28th in the league against the run. Watch that play again there were at least 3 missed tackles and they should have had him in the backfield because the O-line blocking in Denver still sucks. I think he got very lucky. Take away that 72 yard gain with a TD, and he was outplayed by CJ! Minus the big run, Hillman was 10 carries for 31 yards. I bet the vast majority of FF owners didn't even get the points, as who is going to actually put HIllman in their lineup before this game unless they're absolutely stuck? Does this game actually change anything?

Take away that 72 yard gain with a TD, and he was outplayed by CJ! Minus the big run, Hillman was 10 carries for 31 yards. I bet the vast majority of FF owners didn't even get the points, as who is going to actually put HIllman in their lineup before this game unless they're absolutely stuck? Does this game actually change anything?

Don't be that guy. You know better then that. First off I don't ever agree with the analysis of taking away a guy's best run. There are plenty of RBs that are great because they plod along but then can break off a big one. AP yesterday was 15 for 33yds if you get rid of his big run.

But if you are going to take away the guys biggest run you have to do it for CJ too. So that means CJ was 10 for 30yds.

This whole backfield is a mess. All yesterday showed us was the chances of CJ being fantasy relevant are dwindling even more and that is something I didn't think was possible before this weekend.

147 of hillmans 191 yards have come before contact. 44 yards after contact. 1.13 yards after contact

49 of andersons 117 yards have come before contact. 68 yards after contact. 1.58 yards after contact

Its just a matter of time

147 of hillmans 191 yards have come before contact. 44 yards after contact. 1.13 yards after contact

49 of andersons 117 yards have come before contact. 68 yards after contact. 1.58 yards after contact

So you are saying that Anderson has poor vision and can't make it to the LOS with out getting hit?

Yep, this is the reports that we have been hearing. CJ is not hitting the holes. With a large sample size like that we can see the difference. It is not like the line is only making holes for Hillman. I haven't gotten to see to many Denver games. When I have seen CJ run he often seems to be running right into the defense or into his blocker when all he needs to do is make a little cut.

I didn't have him last year so I don't remember his running style. Was he always just trying to bash through people or was he more allusive last year?

The one follow the blocking one cut running benefits Hillman. CJ just has not been able to hit the hole fast enough yet this year. Constant shuffling of the Oline has not helped at all. I would hold on CJ until the line gains some continuity maybe two more weeks.

Don't be that guy. You know better then that. First off I don't ever agree with the analysis of taking away a guy's best run. There are plenty of RBs that are great because they plod along but then can break off a big one. AP yesterday was 15 for 33yds if you get rid of his big run.

But if you are going to take away the guys biggest run you have to do it for CJ too. So that means CJ was 10 for 30yds.

This whole backfield is a mess. All yesterday showed us was the chances of CJ being fantasy relevant are dwindling even more and that is something I didn't think was possible before this weekend.

We agree on CJ, I think all owners should park him on their bench until further notice.

On Hillman, I was just trying to put it in perspective. Someone looking at the stat line might think "What a great day, he's the main guy in Denver now for sure", but I think that's far from the truth. I like that he broke a big run, but people can't expect that type of production every week.

Overall I think Hillman is the more explosive back, but I've heard he sucks in the pass blocking.

Yes its just a matter of time. Maybe just 6 more weeks of CJ giving you 3 points a week and then he will bust a big game. Def keep starting him.

Yep, this is the reports that we have been hearing. CJ is not hitting the holes. With a large sample size like that we can see the difference. It is not like the line is only making holes for Hillman. I haven't gotten to see to many Denver games. When I have seen CJ run he often seems to be running right into the defense or into his blocker when all he needs to do is make a little cut.

I didn't have him last year so I don't remember his running style. Was he always just trying to bash through people or was he more allusive last year?

A poster on Rotoworld brought up a good point. With Peyton's arm strength being severely diminished and no Julius Thomas to worry about, defenses are not afraid to crowd the line of scrimmage against them. Last year, CJA had much more running room to work with as the defense was backed off.

Not suggesting starting him just holding him if you have the room.

At this point Hillman has more upside than CJ.

And likely the CJ owner is holding both, because nobody knows what's going on in that Denver backfield. So we have 2 roster spots wasted for guys who for the most part haven't produced.

Captain Flutterball just doesn't look the same. Gotta be hurting these rbs. CJ looks like a Re-creation of Zac Stacy from 2014

• Like 1

Well, I was able to pick up Hillman so let's hope he is better than Jstew.

CJA is still working through a foot injury.

Hillman may get some more carries now to get CJA healthy. After the bye week I fully expect CJA to take the lionshare similar to last year....Buy Low!!!

Everyone keeps waiting for Anderson to show up like last year , and in the end you have a rb that will disappoint .