Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Green Bay, are we convinced they are for real?

Since it seems to be in fashion for local blowhards to post about teams and players they don't follow closely, I figured I would join the crowd, how do we really feel about this GB team?

After some digging, some very obvious points stood out, the schedule has been weak and that is putting it extremely kind. The opponents win-loss record against is 10-24, the division is terrible and they were matched up against 2 divisions who decided to take the year off from competitive football, the AFC & NFC West respectively. GB was also, conveniently for them, able to play 4 of their first 6 games at home. Leaving only 4 home games in their last 10 overall.

GB hasn't faced an elite passer until this weekend, that opened some eyes defensively about this team. Guys like Matthews lead the league in plays they almost made, seems to be a bit of theme when it comes to this version of the GB defense.

Rodgers is good enough of course but, Lacy is being propped up by one solid half of a season, as the temperature turns colder 3 total rushing TD's as a team in 6 games isn't going to get it done. The defense? It's simply not good enough.

So, I pose the question, are we really convinced this is a football team destined for a SuperBowl? I don't see it.

Schedule was weak?

St. Louis, KC (when they still had Charles), Seattle, opening at Chicago before their injuries.

Not a terribly easy schedule...not murderers row and they have some tough games coming.

Division is very bad...I don't think the NFC West is taking a year off. Seattle will be fine as will AZ and St. Louis.

Home games was beneficial in a way...no doubt there.

The D is actually fine (when Burnett is there...its a little less than fine when he is not).

Pass rush is strong, they are solid up the middle, and as the year progresses are getting even more experience out of the young cover guys.

They are 6-0 and have been banged up and yet to play all that great of a game.

Bye week helps...get Lacy a bit healthier, get Adams back soon, won't know anything about Montgomery til later in the week or next week, get Burnett back and hopefully Perry.

All that said...they go as Rodgers go, as long as he is there and Thompson keeps drafting how he has, they will be a contender.

There is not a team in the league they can't beat. Would be favorites in neutral sites against all but NE I would guess...

Schedule was weak?

St. Louis, KC (when they still had Charles), Seattle, opening at Chicago before their injuries.

Not a terribly easy schedule...not murderers row and they have some tough games coming.

Division is very bad...I don't think the NFC West is taking a year off. Seattle will be fine as will AZ and St. Louis.

Home games was beneficial in a way...no doubt there.

The D is actually fine (when Burnett is there...its a little less than fine when he is not).

Pass rush is strong, they are solid up the middle, and as the year progresses are getting even more experience out of the young cover guys.

They are 6-0 and have been banged up and yet to play all that great of a game.

Bye week helps...get Lacy a bit healthier, get Adams back soon, won't know anything about Montgomery til later in the week or next week, get Burnett back and hopefully Perry.

All that said...they go as Rodgers go, as long as he is there and Thompson keeps drafting how he has, they will be a contender.

There is not a team in the league they can't beat. Would be favorites in neutral sites against all but NE I would guess...

I like the Pack as best in NFC but their schedule has been weak. Win loss record proves that.

I like the Pack as best in NFC but their schedule has been weak. Win loss record proves that.

Do you think St Louis, Seattle, and SD are sub .500 teams?

Do you agree KC is a different team with Charles than without?

I agree Chicago is not good and San Fran is not good.

They've been playing most of the season without their #1, #3, #4 receivers, without their best o-lineman, and with their #1 RB on a bad wheel and clearly not what he once was. Tremendous injuries on defense, too. Burnett, Barrington, Raji, Perry, etc.

Give them all a chance to heal up over the bye and they will be better....

That and the fact that Packers traditionally start slow and pick it up as the season goes along.

Sucks to be 6-0 at this point, but what can you do? :banana: :banana: :banana:

roflcopters @ yet another novice troll dude not actually interested in discussing a team he reviles, but trying to pull wings off flies - such is the current misery of the ne'er do well 9er fan. Hey 49er fan: sorry your team is so terrible - but stop trying to troll the fans of a 6-0 team who is beating the teams put in front of them.

That's what's for real, whether you're "convinced" or not.

• Like 1

roflcopters @ yet another novice troll dude not actually interested in discussing a team he reviles, but trying to pull wings off flies - such is the current misery of the ne'er do well 9er fan. Hey 49er fan: sorry your team is so terrible - but stop trying to troll the fans of a 6-0 team who is beating the teams put in front of them.

That's what's for real, whether you're "convinced" or not.

Haha... you can only watch so many 49er VHS tapes from the '80s before you get bored enough to troll other teams

Just wish the trollin' was better :doh:

• Like 1

Their defense is hooooorrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbblllllleeeee......they ain't winning diddly with those scrubs they got on D. My grandma tackles better. And they give up 500 yards passing with no picks. How you even do that?!?!?!?!?

This is the best defense the Packers have had since Rodgers has taken over, also the best run game. How do you not like their chances?

Weak schedule? Maybe a little but had all the teams they played prior to this week beat them, they would all be above .500

I'm in the camp that they don't look so great even with playing seemingly every game at home..

I think the Denver game will be telling and if they win that one and look good doing it ill change my tune, but if they get semi shut down then it will reaffirm my belief that they are hanging around and winning games despite their poor wr play and weak running game without lacy..

Yes their defense has been pretty good but they also haven't played any top level offenses (besides maybe sd who has no running game) to see if it's been a mirage..

Maybe Adams return gives them the deep threat they are sorely lacking and opens up the running game more but so far I havent been blown away and think there record is kinda on par with Denver's (not defensively obviously as Denver's looks historically great) as more opportunistic than dominant...

In the weaker nfc they may be able to keep it up but between questionable offensive coaching, no real running game or deep threat, and a weak schedule so far I think they will disappoint in the end if they don't improve..

If the packers lose their next 2 to Denver and Carolina I'm not sure anyone would be surprised at this point... Eagles fans and Denver fans are happy to be in first also but gotta know it's sort of shaky..

They are just as legit as any other undefeated team. NE has had their share of "auto-wins" too. So has Cincy & Carolina. Its the NFL and you can pnly play who they schedule you against. Honestly, the league is so watered down talent-wise right now that it can be hard to really gauge any teams true status.

That being said, GB is a top-tier team and will stay that way. The NFC is sort of a joke with lots of top teams falling off lately. And, the AFC? The Pats will be resting their starters by week 10 sinc ethere is ZERO resistance in the AFC. Cincy will never beat NE in Foxboro. Denver is the worst 6-0 team ever.

The Pack are a great team, but since 2010 it's always been something with them. After last season's choke job, Rodgers career playoff record is 6-5 albeit with one super bowl win.

I know it's not relevant but can't help thinking they'd have two or three of those Lombardi trophies if they'd pulled the trigger on Marshawn Lynch in 2010. Again, it's not relevant but only in the aspect of the way Ted Thompson builds and manages the roster.

I'm in the camp that they don't look so great even with playing seemingly every game at home..

I think the Denver game will be telling and if they win that one and look good doing it ill change my tune, but if they get semi shut down then it will reaffirm my belief that they are hanging around and winning games despite their poor wr play and weak running game without lacy..

Yes their defense has been pretty good but they also haven't played any top level offenses (besides maybe sd who has no running game) to see if it's been a mirage..

Maybe Adams return gives them the deep threat they are sorely lacking and opens up the running game more but so far I havent been blown away and think there record is kinda on par with Denver's (not defensively obviously as Denver's looks historically great) as more opportunistic than dominant...

In the weaker nfc they may be able to keep it up but between questionable offensive coaching, no real running game or deep threat, and a weak schedule so far I think they will disappoint in the end if they don't improve..

If the packers lose their next 2 to Denver and Carolina I'm not sure anyone would be surprised at this point... Eagles fans and Denver fans are happy to be in first also but gotta know it's sort of shaky..

What do you consider questionable offensive coaching?

The Pack are a great team, but since 2010 it's always been something with them. After last season's choke job, Rodgers career playoff record is 6-5 albeit with one super bowl win.

I know it's not relevant but can't help thinking they'd have two or three of those Lombardi trophies if they'd pulled the trigger on Marshawn Lynch in 2010. Again, it's not relevant but only in the aspect of the way Ted Thompson builds and manages the roster.

Well, you have 2 seasons where Rodgers limped into the playoffs (last year with the calf) and before that just coming back at the end of the year after breaking his collar bone.

McCarthy will find a way to screw it up. How the hell did they not run it one time on their last possession Sunday? Kill some time or make SD use a time out. The guy is the most overrated coach in the NFL now that Andy Reid and Fisher are finally taking heat. MCCarthy does less with more than any coach around. And how does he let Eddie Lacy get out of shape like that?

This is the best defense the Packers have had since Rodgers has taken over, also the best run game. How do you not like their chances?

Weak schedule? Maybe a little but had all the teams they played prior to this week beat them, they would all be above .500

I think you meant the best defense they had since they won thier last superbowl.

McCarthy will find a way to screw it up. How the hell did they not run it one time on their last possession Sunday? Kill some time or make SD use a time out. The guy is the most overrated coach in the NFL now that Andy Reid and Fisher are finally taking heat. MCCarthy does less with more than any coach around. And how does he let Eddie Lacy get out of shape like that?

Clueless as usual.

I think you meant the best defense they had since they won thier last superbowl.

This defense is better. The year they won the SB their defense was known for turnovers but still gave up a lot of points. This years defense turns the ball over and holds team below their normal yardage. 2015 is fast and hungry 2010 was smart and experienced.

Best Qb in the league - check.

So yes.

Brady is the best in the league. He's more accurate and doesn't have the talent to throw to that Rodgers has had his entire career.

Brady is the best in the league. He's more accurate and doesn't have the talent to throw to that Rodgers has had his entire career.

Devils advocate, some of Rogers "Talent" he throws to left for greener pastures in NY and OAK, got left for dead and is now back leading the team as their no.1 wr. These kind of QBs make stars out of guys, not the opther way around. Cobb could be Dwayne Bowe if he leaves GB and Jordy is Riley Cooper maybe. Prob not but its possible, like we saw from James Jones. Edelman is talented and Gronk has no equal. I could argue Gronk better than everyone Rodgers has ever had, easily. Same with Moss in the MVP year. There is a case to be made for both guys.

Also, Rodgers is 3rd all time in completion %, Brady is 12th. Yes hes played alot more years but its enough time for me to argue that you should pause before declaring Brady a more accurate passer.

• Like 1

Right. Having one of the greatest wide receivers of all time and the probable greatest tight end means nothing.

This defense is better. The year they won the SB their defense was known for turnovers but still gave up a lot of points. This years defense turns the ball over and holds team below their normal yardage. 2015 is fast and hungry 2010 was smart and experienced.

2010 was an elite group, and 2015 is good. Let's compare; PPG allowed 2015-16.8 2010-15; YPG 15'- 355 10'-309; TO's PG 15'-1.7 10'-2. I'm convinced they are a superbowl worthy team, but there is no way this years defense is better than 2010.

Right. Having one of the greatest wide receivers of all time and the probable greatest tight end means nothing.

Ya Deion Branch and Hernandez were studs

Ya Deion Branch and Hernandez were studs

And his numbers were t so hot when Deion Branch was leading the pack, were they? Not until Moss then Gronk did he start lighting it up. Let's not act like he doesn't have any talent around him

2010 was an elite group, and 2015 is good. Let's compare; PPG allowed 2015-16.8 2010-15; YPG 15'- 355 10'-309; TO's PG 15'-1.7 10'-2. I'm convinced they are a superbowl worthy team, but there is no way this years defense is better than 2010.

Numbers don't tell the entire story my friend, maybe in fantasy, but numbers lie. Do you really think SD had the number 3 offense going into that game? The numbers said they did... but my eyes told me otherwise.

This is pure craziness. Clearly you need to take off the green and gold glasses friendo. They gave up 500 yards passing with zero picks. Every single team they have faced has averaged at least 4.5 ypc running the ball. A couple of them over 5 ypc. Yes they have the best QB in the game and theri passing offense is elite. Which gives them a better chance then most teams on any given Sunday. But to say this defense is anything but a sieve is lying to yourself.

This is pure craziness. Clearly you need to take off the green and gold glasses friendo. They gave up 500 yards passing with zero picks. Every single team they have faced has averaged at least 4.5 ypc running the ball. A couple of them over 5 ypc. Yes they have the best QB in the game and theri passing offense is elite. Which gives them a better chance then most teams on any given Sunday. But to say this defense is anything but a sieve is lying to yourself.

Its not a sieve...hth.

It's not a seive.

I think what the Panthers are doing is more impressive to me .

I think what the Panthers are doing is more impressive to me .

Other than @Seattle, why?

Talk about an easy schedule.

Jax, NO, Houston, and TB?

Good team, but just as untested. Similar with Denver. Next 3 weeks will show some things when GB plays both of them.

Disagree Kent. Rodgers ability to scramble probably separates them. Also, I'd say the WRs in GB have been made by Rodgers more than other way around.

Nobody is talking about career resumes - I'm talking real time... Rodgers is the best on the planet.

Disagree Kent. Rodgers ability to scramble probably separates them. Also, I'd say the WRs in GB have been made by Rodgers more than other way around.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Qb throw the ball on the run better than Rodgers. Maybe Elway - but few others.

Best Qb in the league - check.

So yes.

Maybe during the regular season, sure.

1 Super Bowl in 7 seasons, 2 league championships in 7 years?

Not impressed.

Maybe during the regular season, sure.

1 Super Bowl in 7 seasons, 2 league championships in 7 years?

Not impressed.

Look at Rodgers stats in the post season. They are absurd. The Packers not having multiple Super Bowls in the post Favre era has nothing to do with Rodgers' performance.

Look at Rodgers stats in the post season. They are absurd. The Packers not having multiple Super Bowls in the post Favre era has nothing to do with Rodgers' performance.

:lol:

Of course not.

We judge all NFL teams by their QBS, (Which I totally disagree with, but hey, not my rules) just not the Packers, Gotcha