Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Man Chokes Woman on Southwest Airlines Jet for Reclining Her Seat

http://news.yahoo.com/man-chokes-woman-southwest-airlines-165102368.html

A Southwest Airlines jet was forced to turn back and make an emergency landing at LAX after a male passenger allegedly began choking a woman because she reclined her seat, witnesses said.
Flight 2010, bound for San Francisco, turned around late Sunday night about 30 minutes into the journey because of a “rapidly escalating situation involving passengers who were not traveling together,” the airline said in a statement.
"Flight 2010, declaring an emergency," the pilot says in audio from the flight. "Evidently we've got two passengers that are in a physical altercation."
Witnesses reported the woman said a man sitting behind her tried to strangle her because she put her seat back, NBC News said.
The unidentified man was detained by Los Angeles Airport Police, but no arrests have been made, Los Angeles FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller told INSIDE EDITION.
The remaining passengers boarded another flight and arrived in San Francisco five hours late.
The International Air Transport Association says it costs an airline about $200,000 every time a flight is diverted.

Who hasn't wanted to choke someone in front of them or behind them on a plane?

Reclining your seat is an act of aggression.

I learned that from Geek Club poosays.

How many times did someone want to choke Recliner Pilot?

Good for him. :thumbsup:

Reclining your seat on today's airplanes (with their total lack or legroom and head space) is an act of aggression, imo

About time you learn something from your superiors

Reclining your seat on today's airplanes (with their total lack or legroom and head space) is an act of aggression, imo

Today's legroom / headspace is adequate for people who are not so fat they can't see their genitals anymore.

HTH

yeah at 6'2"- If I don't get the evac seat, I recline all the time... funny how none of you mascara-wearin' puzzies ever say anything to my face... if it bothers you, politely ask... or just sit there for 4 hours stewing over it... and then run to the Geek club to post about it.

The guy that made that device to stop the chair in front of him reclining deserved to have the drink thrown in his face. Its funny how he thinks he has right to be pissed about how she slammed her seat back. what a jerk off.

If a plane carrier makes reclining seats available - then you can do it..... Don't like - take the bus.

If a plane carrier makes reclining seats available - then you can do it..... Don't like - take the bus.

:thumbsup:

you gonna' get mad if I put the air on too?

is my TV too bright while you are sleeping?

This 100% :thumbsup:

I'm with you.

it's the guys that bring their tools on the plane and recline the non-reclinable seats that really irk me.

yeah at 6'2"- If I don't get the evac seat, I recline all the time... funny how none of you mascara-wearin' puzzies ever say anything to my face... if it bothers you, politely ask... or just sit there for 4 hours stewing over it... and then run to the Geek club to post about it.

Or choke a b1tch out :dunno:

People on both sides of this argument b!tch at each other, but the focking airlines are to blame for cramming people in there and giving them no personal space.

People on both sides of this argument b!tch at each other, but the focking airlines are to blame for cramming people in there and giving them no personal space.

normally it's what, 2 to 5 hours? buck up and just deal with it.

Those of us who are height/weight proportionate just buck the F up and deal with the minor inconvenience of air travel.

Those of us who are height/weight proportionate just buck the F up and deal with the minor inconvenience of air travel.

Those of us who are taller than 5'5" could use a little more leg room than the avg coach seat allows.

Those of us who are taller than 5'5" could use a little more leg room than the avg coach seat allows.

I'm 5 foot 11.

6'2, 205. I'm not complaining about my fat rolls flopping over into the next seat or anything :dunno:

I'm 6-3, I don't like it when someone does it, but I just suck it up.

It's especially bad when you're on one of the puddle jumpers, I actually had a lady ask me once if I could move my legs. To where?

It's a few hours, you'll live.

I am at 6'2" and 230, the seats have never been an issue for me. :dunno:

Maybe on your best day. You post like a 5'7 guy imo

I read what you wrote before I saw the name. Was sure MB said that

I read what you wrote before I saw the name. Was sure MB said that

It was a little MBish, I'll give you that

Only if the person behind you is a fat fock

Maybe on your best day. You post like a 5'7 guy imo

A 5'7 guy would be the sulking b1tch on the plane. How about you just kindly ask the person to not recline their chair? Problem solved tough guy.

It's a few hours, you'll live.

Sure, I'll live, but fock the airlines and ALL their stupid business practices. If I wanna rub up against fat, sweaty strangers for a few hours, I'll buy a subway card and ride around for awhile.

A 5'7 guy would be the sulking b1tch on the plane. How about you just kindly ask the person to not recline their chair? Problem solved tough guy.

Half the rage comes from the fear of having to ask them to recline. it breeds passive aggression wich bubbles over. In this case it seems it was an ongoing thing. Maybe the lady was purposefully reclining after the guy rudely made a comment or something. Poking an angry bear never a good idea, she got what she had coming.

6'2, 205. I'm not complaining about my fat rolls flopping over into the next seat or anything :dunno:

I swear I've seen your pic and you don't look that big. :unsure:

Also my legs are 32 inches and I fit fine. Reclining doesn't impact legroom; more like fat room, which I don't need. :dunno:

Also my legs are 32 inches and I fit fine. Reclining doesn't impact legroom; more like fat room, which I don't need. :dunno:

Maybe he was standing with NBA players?

I know a certain somebody who drag your azz out of that plane and rub your face into the asphalt if you asked him to not recline.

i always recline my chair... Rather than whine about it, just recline your chair behind me and we keep the same more comfortable distance.

I know a certain somebody who drag your azz out of that plane and rub your face into the asphalt if you asked him to not recline.

MensaWorms?

They should raise the fares. Keep the trash on the bus.

fixed for you :thumbsup:

Along with Drobs meltdown, that was one of the top 5 board tilts of all-time. :first:

Steve Johnson was a personal favorite, he was always saying he would fly people over to beat them up

Maybe he was standing with NBA players?

He was with his wife in an outdoor scene with mountains in the background. He looked pretty slightly built for that weight.

6'5" and reclining does impact my leg room. My knees are usually pressed up against the other persons chair that they cannot recline anyway.