Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Darkwa anyone else like him like I like him?

Kid has a really nice running style. He runs down hill and breaks tackles. He's not very flashy but he's a guy that can be a big time goaline back and could see 10-15 touches. Word is he will play ahead of Williams and Jennings. When Inwatched the game I thought man this kids gonna be the #1 waiver in all league yet in most of my leagues nobody even claimed him. I think we have a RB2 on our hands. If you've been paying attention I've hit on a lot of guys. I'm not 100 percent sold but I do like what I see. Dion and Digg I knew for sure would be hits. This kid in iffy but he's def worth a stash.

I mean I don't know. do you like like him? or do you love like him? or is it a like like like like thing?

realistically he is in a time share from hell.

• Like 1

Do you like him, or do you like, like him? And why do you call everyone kid?

I'm not really impressed so far. Maybe he fits in a couple good seasons, not enough to justify a big spend on him. If you can snake him with a lowball pick or trade, then sure.

In order for Darkwa to be of any value, he has to leap frog both Wiiliams and Jennings. The latter ain't happening unless injury.

• Like 1

The Giants and TEN backfields should be taken out back and shot.

Plus one. I agree. After much deliberation I decided to pick up Coleman again and take my chances on Freeman getting Fostered or Charlesed rather than having to rely on Cobb or Darkwa's 8 carries.

Plus one. I agree. After much deliberation I decided to pick up Coleman again and take my chances on Freeman getting Fostered or Charlesed rather than having to rely on Cobb or Darkwa's 8 carries.

Yea, at this point sitting on Polk, Coleman, DeAngelo Williams (RB 1 w/ Bell injury), Jonas Grey, Javorius Allen or even Oliver (a Woodhead injury would make him a RB 2 in PPR) far outweighs rostering any RB from NYG or TEN if you already have two RB to start.

The upside and fantasy season altering ability of any of those guys w/ injury makes far more sense then the opportunity cost of wasting a roster spot on any piece of TEN or NYG backfields if you're not going to start them (you won't – if you are I hope the rest of your team is a monster).

In order for Darkwa to be of any value, he has to leap frog both Wiiliams and Jennings. The latter ain't happening unless injury.

Willaims has an NFL role but I consider him a backup without much upside. Not sure why you think he couldn't supplant Jennings. Coughlin impresses me as a guy that will start the better player, regardless of pedigree.

Willaims has an NFL role but I consider him a backup without much upside. Not sure why you think he couldn't supplant Jennings. Coughlin impresses me as a guy that will start the better player, regardless of pedigree.

Jennings has been well above average in advanced metrics. He ranks 3rd in success rate. Vereen has also been awesome ranking in the top 10 in DYAR and DVOA among backs with at least 14 receptions – which is higher then guys like Dion Lewis and Ingram.

But say he surpasses Jennings and sees 13 touches less whatever his current workload is. We're halfway through the season and have some understanding of how offenses are run and how teams (except NE) game plan.

They gave over 3MIL to Vereen and I believe if anyone is going to get more involved it's him. I presume McAdoo was part of the decision to bring him in, and had something in mind knowing what he had in Jennings and Williams. Teams rarely spend that kind of money and keep the ball out of their hands. Even if he is used one dimensionally go forward, he probably has as much if not more value then everyone but Jennings.

Had a option on waiver to pickup Darkwa vs Polk, decided on Polk,... Darkwa is still a bit player with Jennings, Williams & Vereen, while Polk must overcome the plodding Alfred Blue period to secure a positive workload, Polk is versatile as a decent receiver and capable RB ...

Jennings has been well above average in advanced metrics. He ranks 3rd in success rate. Vereen has also been awesome ranking in the top 10 in DYAR and DVOA among backs with at least 14 receptions – which is higher then guys like Dion Lewis and Ingram.

But say he surpasses Jennings and sees 13 touches less whatever his current workload is. We're halfway through the season and have some understanding of how offenses are run and how teams (except NE) game plan.

They gave over 3MIL to Vereen and I believe if anyone is going to get more involved it's him. I presume McAdoo was part of the decision to bring him in, and had something in mind knowing what he had in Jennings and Williams. Teams rarely spend that kind of money and keep the ball out of their hands. Even if he is used one dimensionally go forward, he probably has as much if not more value then everyone but Jennings.

I think Vereen is locked in as their receiving back and don't see much more than 5 carries per game. Obviously, no one outside the coaching stafff really knows much about the plans for Darkwa but I could see the competition for carries coming down to him and Jennings - as odd as this seemingly from nowhere situation is...

Vereen has been solid but Jennings numbers don't look great to me. I really don't know much about advanced metrics but find it odd that this season, Devonta Freeman trails Thomas Rauls, Bernard and Jennings in that category.

He will never even come close to seeing the field enough to be relevant

You're probably right. He just seems like a blue collar guy and a great fit for the NYG.

I think you all are very much off. Seems like none of you guys see the value in him. I think he's already jumped Williams and Jennings and I think he's the best back The Giants have. His vision,tackle breaking are very under rated. I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you.

• Like 1

I think you all are very much off. Seems like none of you guys see the value in him. I think he's already jumped Williams and Jennings and I think he's the best back The Giants have. His vision,tackle breaking are very under rated. I think he's gonna surprise a lot of you.

Bobby, I hope you are right for two reasons. I'm a Giants fan and I did pick him up in one of my leagues and still considering this in the other.

Darkwa also does not have the friendliest schedule for the most part down the stretch after New Orleans:

9- tbay - very bad

10- New England

11- bye

12- Washington (good)

13- jets - very bad

14- Miami

15- Carolina

16- minny- very bad

Conclusion: factor in the 4 headed beast plus not a good schedule makes you wonder why you should bother? Of course if he becomes the clear number one runner without competition, it might be worthwhile.......if, if, if

I heated the same stuff about Dion Lewis and not trusting NE RBs...Gotta take risk man...Fantasy is all about finding the guys like Lewis and Diggs. People said Diggs doesn't have a QB and that Johnson will come back and take his spot...Blah blah blah...Schedule,4headed back field all that means nothing if the player is a stud. The cream always rises to the top. Like I said if u have an extra spot why not hold this

Kid for a game especially after his last game where he showed such good vision and tackle breaking?

Could be that he gets a lot more playing time, but after one series in one game, talking about leaping over other backs may be premature.

Could be that he gets a lot more playing time, but after one series in one game, talking about leaping over other backs may be premature.

Sound words brother. The kid had one 4 carry series and got 41 yards. His next 4 carries he got 7 yards. I guess his great vision and tackle breaking skills didn't help him then.

I'm with Bobby, and I saw that video with the ex-Giant (who is also Tom Coughlin's son in law) breaking down Darkwa's game pretty glowingly..

Always the chance they talked about the team like after family dinner during cigar on the porch time or something, which is feasible since most of us would do the same if our father in law's coached an nfl team.. And maybe he knows something we don't yet with how they will give him the chance to help them win if he gets rolling with more and more action...

Also the run he scored on, barreling into the endzone dragging dudes, the o-line were all racing to pick orleans up and give him love like a bunch of guys protecting the president... So they seem to be on board..

While this may turn out to be nothing with the not so easy schedule, it could also end up to be ok like a duke Johnson or Willie snead range type of plug in guy for byes or matchups which is useful..

Or at best turn into a volume carry guy, since he already seems to have made Williams irrelevant (which Williams did 99.9% to himself being the suck) and Jennings isn't much of a roadblock at this point..

It's a back end of the bench pick up to replace some other scrapper to see what happens, which is always better than missing out on someone or paying more for him... If he is/was a short lived "maybe", then dump him for the next "maybe", but if you came to this thread debating about dawkwa's impact I ask you this - Wouldnt you rather find out with him on your bench than on someone else's....

Giants fan here, Coughlin will ride the hot hand game to game, too risky to trust any of these guys IMO

Maybe... but there was a reason he was in the game after all, right? Nobody was hurt...

Maybe... but there was a reason he was in the game after all, right? Nobody was hurt...

But being in the game as part of a committee, for two series, isn't evidence at all (by itself) of having jumped anyone in the rotation.

That said, as I just indicated above, they have announced only today that he's going to get first shot at carries tomorrow. That is reason to think he's jumped people :)

Think he is going to be a tough one to play because they have so many other rbs that they use on that team .

Think he is going to be a tough one to play because they have so many other rbs that they use on that team .

That appears to be changing per the latest news per Rotoworld:

The New York Post expects Orleans Darkwa to be "given an opportunity for a consistent role."
Darkwa is expected to get the first chance at carries after leading the Week 7 backfield in touches. OC Ben McAdoo’s decision to get him involved last week suggests the Giants are ready to move on from plodders Rashad Jennings (3.7 YPC) and Andre Williams (2.9 YPC). There’s a lot of hype for Darkwa, but his role uncertainty behind an offensive line that’s struggled gives him a low floor. Playing in his college-town and a threat for 10-plus carries, Darkwa has potential to put distance on Jennings as the Giants’ lead back. Oct 31 - 5:20 PM

That appears to be changing per the latest news per Rotoworld:

The New York Post expects Orleans Darkwa to be "given an opportunity for a consistent role."

Darkwa is expected to get the first chance at carries after leading the Week 7 backfield in touches. OC Ben McAdoo’s decision to get him involved last week suggests the Giants are ready to move on from plodders Rashad Jennings (3.7 YPC) and Andre Williams (2.9 YPC). There’s a lot of hype for Darkwa, but his role uncertainty behind an offensive line that’s struggled gives him a low floor. Playing in his college-town and a threat for 10-plus carries, Darkwa has potential to put distance on Jennings as the Giants’ lead back. Oct 31 - 5:20 PM

Yeah I saw that also , not to sure how much I trust I have in Roto but I did see that same article , looks like he will be the first ups and than Jennings will get some work than Verren and than the hot hand will ge the touches from there , and that's why I think he is a tough start . He looked really good last week so I guess we will see what the coaches the the Giants do .

I like him enough to write in his yearbook.

But it would probably be something generic like "have a radical summer".

Yeah I saw that also , not to sure how much I trust I have in Roto but I did see that same article , looks like he will be the first ups and than Jennings will get some work than Verren and than the hot hand will ge the touches from there , and that's why I think he is a tough start . He looked really good last week so I guess we will see what the coaches the the Giants do .

Well I won't be starting him but I want this guy on my bench in case he breaks out. One thing the Giants want to do is run the ball and Jennings plus Andre simply suck at doing it.

Darkwa should get every opportunity to run away with the job.

I like him enough to write in his yearbook.

But it would probably be something generic like "have a radical summer".

Have A Radical Summer.

PS, You have an awesome name

PSS, I hope you beat out Mike Gillislee and Daniel Thomas for a spot on the Dolphins.

PSSS, Crap, you didn't – but at least those two guys are currently unemployed. Boy you showed them!

Ok, those of you who have picked up Lord Darkwa. Are you going to start him?

Ponder this....

If Darkwa has a good game today and is clearly the number one runner coming out of this week, I would say barring injury, he has moved from 4 to 1. Obviously Vereen is the 3rd down back, but someone has to get the goal line carries and the way Darkwa ran last week, he just might be that man. Don't forget last year, Williams was that man at the goal line and he is not even good at the job because he has no vision or creativity, just a plower.

So, if you believe a number one runner, even with a fairly difficult remaining schedule, is worth something on a first place team who love to establish the run, you better think long and hard right now because after today your window may be closed.

I haven't picked him up. Might grab him just in case he goes off, though. Definitely won't start him this week. But I need RB next week. All my starters are on bye next: Lynch, CJ2K, Forsett.

Next week at Tampa Bay doesn't look that sexy except if you are a wide receiver, but even still, Gmen like to run no matter who they play.