Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

The sky has fallen, Kaepernick benched, Gabbert will start.

Being reported now. Hard to believe this since Gabbert is a next level of terrible. Fire up the Falcons defense, this is going to be an ugly second half of the season.

Trading Vernon Davis too. They have all but sold the folding chairs at the stadium and closed the concessions.

I'm actually thinking there's a chance Gabbert does better than Kap, at least in terms of results. This team is in such a horrible place right now, and there were teammates who were wanting Kap benched. Then a couple of running backs get hurt, they trade a team leader away. This is the sort of thing that will most likely keep on burning, but there's that chance that the guys who are left could dig up some pride and decide to play spoiler. These things can sometimes be a catalyst.

Think about Boldin. That dude loves to game, I've never seen quit in him. He could get people going, maybe.

Makes me look rather prescient picking Gabbert up in my 2 qb dynasty league a couple weeks ago.

Yea Id Prob rethink that. He's nowhere near the 24th best QB.
  • Like 1

Sorry Forty Niner fans .

Yea Id Prob rethink that. He's nowhere near the 24th best QB.

Eh its a 12 team Dynasty league with 32 man rosters and no kickers or defense. Thats 396 players of pure offense. The WW is beyond barren, (two FA being bid on right now are TE Will Tye and and RB Kendall Gaskins). Its a league where QBs are gold. Landry Jones went for $73, Matt Cassell for $42 and Matt McGloin for $31 (all out of a $200 FAAB). My team is an orphan i took over this season and might be the biggest collection of suck ever assembled. My QBs are Tyrod (a FA i got for $28 over the summer) Bradford Kaepernick and Winston. When the benching Kaepernick rumors started swirling i grabbed Gabbert just in case for $1. Ive got plenty of roster space and my team isnt going anywhere. If he sucks, it wont make a difference. But maybe Gabbert has been studying hard and i'll hit the lottery. Probably not, but worth a dollar.

They traded away Vernon Davis and bench Caep, perhaps to see how much worse Gabbert is so they can try and move Caep. Jets are looking for a QB....

Unfortunately I don't think Kaep qualifies.

if you have to turn to ghosts in the pocket Gabbert your team sucks and might as well mail in the season.

• Like 1

Eh its a 12 team Dynasty league with 32 man rosters and no kickers or defense. Thats 396 players of pure offense. The WW is beyond barren, (two FA being bid on right now are TE Will Tye and and RB Kendall Gaskins). Its a league where QBs are gold. Landry Jones went for $73, Matt Cassell for $42 and Matt McGloin for $31 (all out of a $200 FAAB). My team is an orphan i took over this season and might be the biggest collection of suck ever assembled. My QBs are Tyrod (a FA i got for $28 over the summer) Bradford Kaepernick and Winston. When the benching Kaepernick rumors started swirling i grabbed Gabbert just in case for $1. Ive got plenty of roster space and my team isnt going anywhere. If he sucks, it wont make a difference. But maybe Gabbert has been studying hard and i'll hit the lottery. Probably not, but worth a dollar.

Crazy league man, sounds like fun. Yeah, Gabbs for a dollar isn't bad there.

I think that's what the Niners paid to get him too :)

It's a shame, because dude had a hammer of Thor when he ran the football. Understand the injury risk, but Kap is pretty stout and nothing breaks down a defense more than a QB scramble. Not saying every play, but 4-5 planned scrambles per game?. If one or two hit 20 yards you're flipping the field around easily.

But turned into a pocket passer? That hammer morphs into a baby's rattle. If he moves it'll be to a longterm situation, in the off season.

Maybe the Chipster?

It's a shame, because dude had a hammer of Thor when he ran the football. Understand the injury risk, but Kap is pretty stout and nothing breaks down a defense more than a QB scramble. Not saying every play, but 4-5 planned scrambles per game?. If one or two hit 20 yards you're flipping the field around easily.

But turned into a pocket passer? That hammer morphs into a baby's rattle. If he moves it'll be to a longterm situation, in the off season.

Maybe the Chipster?

Can he catch? Turn him into a tight end.

Make him a Running Back and we can watch Gabbert out rush him.

I think he'd get hurt pretty quick at RB. But some team could run a nasty two TE set with Kap and Tebow.

And in the 1st year of a $61m guaranteed contract - ouch.

Right , how does it get any better from here for that team .

Not surprising, they need a spark, but Gabberd isn't going to do anything but maybe protect the football.

SF have beat up WR, and just shipped Davis out of town. Plus Hyde is hurt and they're leaning on a RB nobody has heard of.

Avoid all SF offensive player matchups until further notice. Unload all SF offensive players if you can.

Maybe the Chipster?

I work with an Eagles fan who was just the other day wishing Chippy K would make a trade for Kaepernick. If it haooens he'll splooge all over the place.

Not surprising, they need a spark, but Gabberd isn't going to do anything but maybe protect the football.

If Gabby protects the football ill eat my hat.

If Gabby protects the football ill eat my hat.

I keep a hat made of pizza dough in my freezer just so I can say things like this whenever the mood strikes me :)

Not much more than a *sigh* that I can add to this thread.. We were doomed before the season started.. go Hyde, 2016..

^^^doomed before this season and many many more to come. It's going to be 5+ years before the 9ers are relevant again.

Tomsula is so far over his head and has no idea what to do. Can't blame him, should never have been hired for the gig. Every time the camera is on him during a game, the guy just looks lost. Like he wants to just buckle at the knees and cry.

Such a shame what York has done with that organization

I don't think you can overstate how terrible Gabbert is. You can even overstate how bad Kaep is, but not Gabbert. I think he has the lowest DVOA of all QBs of all time. Every play is a lottery ticket that you've probably just won if you play defense against him.

My only sadness is that this did not happen last week, facing STL. That would have been epic; highest DST score of all time.

^^^doomed before this season and many many more to come. It's going to be 5+ years before the 9ers are relevant again.

Tomsula is so far over his head and has no idea what to do. Can't blame him, should never have been hired for the gig. Every time the camera is on him during a game, the guy just looks lost. Like he wants to just buckle at the knees and cry.

Such a shame what York has done with that organization

SF used to have a guy in a suit and tie on the sidelines coaching. At least he looked classy. Bring that guy back.

And in the 1st year of a $61m guaranteed contract - ouch.

Whereas original reports had Kaepernick collecting $61 million in guarantees, the truth is his $12.3 million signing bonus, $100,000 workout bonus and $645,000 base salary for 2014 are the only fully guaranteed portions of the contract.

Kaepernick has a $2 million roster bonus in each year of the contract. His base salaries after 2014 become fully guaranteed on April 1 (otherwise only guaranteed for injury).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000356255/article/colin-kaepernicks-49ers-contract-is-teamfriendly-deal

• Like 1

Whereas original reports had Kaepernick collecting $61 million in guarantees, the truth is his $12.3 million signing bonus, $100,000 workout bonus and $645,000 base salary for 2014 are the only fully guaranteed portions of the contract.

Kaepernick has a $2 million roster bonus in each year of the contract. His base salaries after 2014 become fully guaranteed on April 1 (otherwise only guaranteed for injury).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000356255/article/colin-kaepernicks-49ers-contract-is-teamfriendly-deal

Good info, dude. :)

Gabbert is starting and Murlarkey is a head coach. This can't be real in 2015. As a Jaguar fan it made you feel a lot better where we are currently at.