Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Most recent allegation against the Patriots have reached a new level of pettiness

The New York Jets ordered the NFL to interrogate three Patriots employees on the sidelines during their most recent visit to Gillette Stadium because they were concerned about the radio frequencies and stadium operations. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk obtained an email that details the incident, and it says Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi was perturbed about two individuals who were wearing headsets and standing near the Patriots’ bench. Howe reports members of NFL Security proceeded to cross-examine three employees of Kraft Sports for 15 minutes, whose responsibilities include coordinating the in-stadium music and supplying fresh batteries for the referee’s microphone. The source tells the Herald the level of interrogation was “unprecedented,” as the NFL Security team took pictures of each man and demanded to check their cell phones. All three employees were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

Pats are 7-0 so they must be cheating.

• Like 1

The New York Jets ordered the NFL to interrogate three Patriots employees on the sidelines during their most recent visit to Gillette Stadium because they were concerned about the radio frequencies and stadium operations. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk obtained an email that details the incident, and it says Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi was perturbed about two individuals who were wearing headsets and standing near the Patriots’ bench. Howe reports members of NFL Security proceeded to cross-examine three employees of Kraft Sports for 15 minutes, whose responsibilities include coordinating the in-stadium music and supplying fresh batteries for the referee’s microphone. The source tells the Herald the level of interrogation was “unprecedented,” as the NFL Security team took pictures of each man and demanded to check their cell phones. All three employees were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

They need to send a case of Kleenex to the Jets. Crybabies / Cowboys fan here, so no dog in fight. Pats kick tail..... Period

It's like when you have kids, I know you are one yourself, and they do something wrong over and over you tend to lose trust. You double check where they are at night. Check the liquor cabinet.

They earned this treatment

• Like 2

Admit it...you were 'the source', weren't you? :)

I don't blame any team for wanting to stick it to NE by keeping cheating allegations in the spotlight, in certain ways (e.g., extra precautions in locker rooms, etc.). I say this as someone who just doesn't hate the Patriots, even though I'm a Colts fan. I love watching BB game plans. I DO fake-hate Edleman, but that's because I ALWAYS forget what kind of FF WR he is during the draft.

The way this played out (given the very limited information in that snippet), though? Sounds like crap to me.

a). Way to put employees with little/no power through hell for an "investigation" that

b ). Would not, plausibly, be able to unearth cheating even if it were taking place (regardless of the likelihood of some sort of cheating taking place)

If you're going to stick it to NE (and, frankly, caution is sensible - past behavior warrants ongoing suspicion, because it's not like kicking most team's asses is enough to keep the Pats from cheating, EVEN IF they haven't done anything noteworthy in years), do it competently IMO. Then again, less ROI in a competent approach.

The patriots are too good, boo hoo they must be cheating. It isnt fair they win all the time boo hoo. We dont want to play the Patriots boo hoo.

Its like the rest of the NFL has teams made up of poosays

The patriots are too good, boo hoo they must be cheating. It isnt fair they win all the time boo hoo. We dont want to play the Patriots boo hoo.

They earned the suspicion. You seem to have a complex always bringing this stuff up

Would have been funny if when NFL security demanded to see the phones of the 3 Patriots employees they smashed them instead of handing them over :doublethumbsup:

I dunno, it sounds smart to me.

Look, the Pats have cheated in the past. It's true, regardless of whether or not it helped them win anything at all--not getting into that discussion. And the league is apparently ready to listen any time anyone points the finger at them.

So if I'm another team, sure...I'll cry wolf. The league will investigate, and maybe--because they have cheated in the past, we know it--maybe the investigation will dig up something they're doing that no one knows about. It is possible, after all, that they are doing something against the rules now. Even if it's not whatever thing I'm pointing at. If not, no big deal, didn't hurt me any. I don't get fined or punished for saying they are cheating, they get inconvenienced and possibly caught at something.

Why not do it?

• Like 1

I dunno, it sounds smart to me.

Look, the Pats have cheated in the past. It's true, regardless of whether or not it helped them win anything at all--not getting into that discussion. And the league is apparently ready to listen any time anyone points the finger at them.

So if I'm another team, sure...I'll cry wolf. The league will investigate, and maybe--because they have cheated in the past, we know it--maybe the investigation will dig up something they're doing that no one knows about. It is possible, after all, that they are doing something against the rules now. Even if it's not whatever thing I'm pointing at. If not, no big deal, didn't hurt me any. I don't get fined or punished for saying they are cheating, they get inconvenienced and possibly caught at something.

Why not do it?

fair argument. :thumbsup: I am not angry about it at all. I think its funny. I find it entertaining. Plus it does fuel the Pats to beat down every team a little bit more, so that helps my fantasy team cuz I have Brady, Gronk, Lewis and Blount. So as long as they dont get caught doing something they shouldnt then I am fine with teams allowing the Pats to rent space in their heads. :first:

It's like when you have kids, I know you are one yourself, and they do something wrong over and over you tend to lose trust. You double check where they are at night. Check the liquor cabinet.

Murf! Couldn't have said it better myself! Along with the potential few twenty's missing from the wallet & the spare car keys missing too. Yup, Can't trust them NE kids. Well said! 😂

But then you see in other news, Luck and colts hiding injury, swept under rug. Rodgers awful play this year after admitting to using overinflated balls last year, no one blinks an eye. Falcons blasting artificial noise, start off undefeated, no one questions them.

It's come to the pats having to have someone go into locker room and sweep the room before visiting team arrives to ensure clean because of possibility of someone planting something.

Face it, the league hates the success the Pats have had over the las 15 years because no other team is able to be good for this long without a rebuilding phase since the salary cap was introduced. Just goes to show great coaching, preparing, and adjusting makes a good team great.

• Like 1

But then you see in other news, Luck and colts hiding injury, swept under rug. Rodgers awful play this year after admitting to using overinflated balls last year, no one blinks an eye. Falcons blasting artificial noise, start off undefeated, no one questions them.

It's come to the pats having to have someone go into locker room and sweep the room before visiting team arrives to ensure clean because of possibility of someone planting something.

Face it, the league hates the success the Pats have had over the las 15 years because no other team is able to be good for this long without a rebuilding phase since the salary cap was introduced. Just goes to show great coaching, preparing, and adjusting makes a good team great.

When the Pats asked the NFL to sweep the visiting teams locker the league denied the request. How focked up is that?

Except that these stories do draw attention and they do get questioned :) The Falcons lost a draft pick and got fined for their noise. As far as Rodgers goes, the league likely isn't doing anything because everyone believes, with good cause, that overinflating balls doesn't help you. (and if they do decide to, okay, big deal) And it's too soon (like, literally only a couple days) to say if the league will do anything about the Colts.

I'm not a Pats hater, I like that there's a dynasty, and I like watching stuff like the eligible lineman thing Belichick was coming up with. It's great. I like Tom Brady, Gronk is a beautiful man-child :) But this whole notion that some Pats fans have that no one else is saying anything about any other teams is just false. It's not the whole world against you. It's just not.

Doesn't get any more petty than letting air out of the game balls to get a competitive advantage.

I'd question any "source" as legitimate when the phrase "cross-examined" is used. Where they previously asked questions (examined) and then asked questions to refute their previous answers (cross-examined)? If not, they were simply, and probably correctly, asked questions about who they were and what they were doing. And I doubt these questions rose to the level of interrogation either. But hey! It all sounds good and certainly hits the cord with the "prosecuted" Pats fans. Sometimes, you have to give the people what they want. Even if it is made up or made into a mountain from a molehill.

Doesn't get any more petty than letting air out of the game balls to get a competitive advantage.

How much air are they letting out this year to keep up all this winning :dunno:

Winner

I think your taking what someone thinks on MNF a bit to far. Lucks arm looked just fine in the 4th quarter

What about over inflating?

Before inspection...no problem.

Sneaking balls into a bathroom after inspection. Against league rules.

HTH

Show me where it's actually helpful to anyone first. Makes balls harder to catch, not easier. That said, if they're over the limit, you're right that the league has the ability to do something about it. Doesn't mean they should, if, again, it's not an advantage. It's a preference of Rodgers. That's not the same as being advantageous.

What if the Falcons decided to pump in artificial noise only while their own offense had the ball? Should the league swoop in and do anything about that? Still against the rules. But you can bet the league wouldn't give a crap at all, and they shouldn't.

• Like 1

I just want to know what the Pats are doing this year to have such a competitive advantage to continue this dominance. Nobody can be this good. :dunno:

And it certainly isn't fair ^_^

I was heavily targeting Pats players this year. I just missed out on Edelman.

Why wouldn't you want to start as many players as possible from a team that cheats so consistently, and epically smacked the league down during one of the most overblown off season dramas in recent memory?! I mean if the Pats are going to ride a cloud of lies and deceit to greatness I definitely want my fantasy Wagon hitched to it. I hope this bs pisses them off and they score 70 points this week. I also can't wait until they play the Jets again!

• Like 1

lol at the haters... You are all witnessing historic greatness... Put down your envy and just appreciate the fact you can watch this Pats era and talk about with the reverance of the Bill Russell Celtics or the UConn womens basketball program...

• Like 1

lol at the haters... You are all witnessing historic greatness... Put down your envy and just appreciate the fact you can watch this Pats era and talk about with the reverance of the Bill Russell Celtics or the UConn womens basketball program...

Or steroid era MLB. Or Lance Armstrong.

So what's your stereotype of someone who doesn't mind the Pats, sometimes roots for them against other teams, thinks they are a dominant FB team, one of the most dominant over a decade in the history of the league, and also thinks they cheat whenever they can get away with it, and moreso than many other teams, and that they should in fact be scrutinized more than other teams as a result?

You gonna still just say 'hater' and ignore the rest? :)

Exactly. The pats deserve every bit of scrutiny and mistrust that they get moving forward.

3 seperate instances of cheating that have been proven.

Not to mention the unproven allegations of tampering with headsets in Gillette stadium, among other things, which I think is 100% true.

I was heavily targeting Pats players this year. I just missed out on Edelman.

Why wouldn't you want to start as many players as possible from a team that cheats so consistently, and epically smacked the league down during one of the most overblown off season dramas in recent memory?! I mean if the Pats are going to ride a cloud of lies and deceit to greatness I definitely want my fantasy Wagon hitched to it. I hope this bs pisses them off and they score 70 points this week. I also can't wait until they play the Jets again!

I start Brady. Gronk, Lewis, and Blount every week and you correct it is great for my fantasy football team. :first:

I start Brady. Gronk, Lewis, and Blount every week and you correct it is great for my fantasy football team. :first:

Therefore they don't cheat. Q.E.D. :)

Pats fans don't seem to enjoy mon-sat. They get their relief on game day but then it's back to reality. The Patriots are admitted cheaters. Nobody made them admit it. They admitted it. Deal with it, because it's not changing. You can say they didn't win because of cheating, and hold up the wins as proof, but it's just not going to work. They never should have admitted it, twice, if they didnt do it.

Exactly. The pats deserve every bit of scrutiny and mistrust that they get moving forward.

3 seperate instances of cheating that have been proven.

Not to mention the unproven allegations of tampering with headsets in Gillette stadium, among other things, which I think is 100% true.

dont forget the visiting teams getting warm Gatorade.

the heat cranked way up in the visiting teams locker room.

they spray a foreign substance in the ventilation system to make the visiting players fatigued and drowsy.

there are other things I have heard but I shouldnt let the cat out of the bag all at once. :nono:

Its understandable to be paranoid against the most well known cheaters in football history. Id have my lockerroom checked for bugs and every peice of equipment inspected.