Sign in to follow this  
montana

ARob visits Revis Island this week

Are you still starting him?

If so, over the likes of....?

But Hurns might be at times on the island also .

Yeah the Jets over all are not a shut down defense. Yes Revis is still a dominate player, but they have gotten away from having him shadow the other team's #1 receiver all game. Hurns will get him some downs and robinson will get his fair share of targets. Start him with confidence as a wr1.

The jets are middle of the road against WRs on the season and actually over the past 5 weeks have given up positive numbers to the position, nothing to fear there.

I didn't have a choice last week with Brown's hammy saga, I had to start Cooper.

This week I have options, as irritating as it is going 2 weeks without starting Robinson.

I'd start Hurns if I had him though.

Yeah the Jets over all are not a shut down defense. Yes Revis is still a dominate player, but they have gotten away from having him shadow the other team's #1 receiver all game. Hurns will get him some downs and robinson will get his fair share of targets. Start him with confidence as a wr1.

The jets are middle of the road against WRs on the season and actually over the past 5 weeks have given up positive numbers to the position, nothing to fear there.

If you look at the numbers of clear #1 wideouts this season against NYJ, you'd have to say Robinson is likely to get 48 yards and no TDs.

And pump the breaks on Hurns, Jets are #6 against a team's 1st WR and #3 against its 2nd WR.

If you look at the numbers of clear #1 wideouts this season against NYJ, you'd have to say Robinson is likely to get 48 yards and no TDs.

I agree if you just expect the average out of robinson here, but again, most teams don't have 2 dangerous wideouts like Jax does, and Bortles is no chump.

Let's look at who the jets have shut down and who they haven't shall we? They shut down:

Browns

Colts

Eagles

Miami (even thought Stills had 80 and a TD against them and there were two passing TD's in the game, I'll still give you this one.)

Skins

and got torched by Brady and last week Carr

I don't see anybody in the first list that approaches what bortles, robinson and hurns can do. I say they get torched again this week especially since the defence will probably be on the field most of the game as whatever scrub they have throwing goes 3 and out or turns it over all day.

I'm starting him. If I'm wrong I'll come back to this thread and eat a but I don't think I will be.

• Like 1

I say they get torched again this week especially since the defence will probably be on the field most of the game as whatever scrub they have throwing goes 3 and out or turns it over all day.

FWIW Fitztragic is starting after all.

Browns: not established that Benjamin, who went off for 89 and a TD, was the #1, rest of WRs: 15 tgts for 7 rec for 64 yards

Colts: Hilton 4-45-0, Moncrief went off but could've been considered the WR #3+ in week 2, which they are weakest against at 18th (they're league average at rec yds to TEs and RBs)

PHI: only one WR caught a pass and it was J. Matthews w/ 6-49-0

MIA: Landry 4-40-0, R. Matthews 1-16-0, Stills the #3 went off

WAS: Garcon 5-28-1, all other WRs: 20 tgts for 8 rec for 84 yds

NE: Edelman 5-54-0, #3 WR Amendola went off for 8-86-1

OAK: Cooper 5-46-0, #2 WR Crabtree got his 7-102-1, #3 WR went off for 2-54-2

Conclusion: Jets shut down every #1 from Hilton to Edelman. Jets shut down every #2 w/ the sole exception of Crabtree who's a great #2. Tertiary WRs can potentially have huge games. Temper expectations for Robinson. Play Bryan Walters in DFS. Play Bryan Walters over Hurns in re-drafts.

Browns: not established that Benjamin, who went off for 89 and a TD, was the #1, rest of WRs: 15 tgts for 7 rec for 64 yards

Colts: Hilton 4-45-0, Moncrief went off but could've been considered the WR #3+ in week 2, which they are weakest against at 18th (they're league average at rec yds to TEs and RBs)

PHI: only one WR caught a pass and it was J. Matthews w/ 6-49-0

MIA: Landry 4-40-0, R. Matthews 1-16-0, Stills the #3 went off

WAS: Garcon 5-28-1, all other WRs: 20 tgts for 8 rec for 84 yds

NE: Edelman 5-54-0, #3 WR Amendola went off for 8-86-1

OAK: Cooper 5-46-0, #2 WR Crabtree got his 7-102-1, #3 WR went off for 2-54-2

Conclusion: Jets shut down every #1 from Hilton to Edelman. Jets shut down every #2 w/ the sole exception of Crabtree who's a great #2. Tertiary WRs can potentially have huge games. Temper expectations for Robinson. Play Bryan Walters in DFS. Play Bryan Walters over Hurns in re-drafts.

Edelmann was in a slump and had a finger problem going. He dropped a couple balls that game if I recall correctly. I just don't know how you pick between hurns and arob to shut down though if you are the Jets. Shut one down the other will burn you so this seems like a unique challenge for them so far. Although fitz surprisingly playing does give me pause.

Revis island is not as bad as it used to be for receivers. I have the Jet defense and they usually hold the score down, but very little action to this point on any other scoring. If DBs work sacks should be the result!!

• Like 1

Apparently, on film, Cooper won his matchup vs. Revis last week, so Revis isn't a guy to completely avoid in fantasy anymore like maybe how Josh Norman and Chris Harris are this year as shutdown CBs. I think the Jets put Revis on the opposing team's #1 then double their #2, maybe why they're even more shutdown against #2 WRs, but Robinson is close enough in skill to Cooper that he has a prayer and you pretty much have to start him if you have him just bump him down to the #20 WR or around there.

• Like 1

I think you guys scared me off this week might go with Rishard Matthews instead of ARob

Debating between underachieving Jordan Matthews or AROB on Revis Island.

Coin flip

Debating between underachieving Jordan Matthews or AROB on Revis Island.

Coin flip

Ha, If Marshall sits I have the same decision to make. I'm leaning towards Matthews. He's talented and due.

• Like 1

Ha, If Marshall sits I have the same decision to make. I'm leaning towards Matthews. He's talented and due.

Miles Austin show this weekend......revenge game back in Big D.

Miles Austin show this weekend......revenge game back in Big D.

Nelson Agholor is expected to be back this week, so Miles Austin's snap count is likely going to take a slight dip.

ARob is the #8 WR in fantasy or close to it. I have him at #25 this week, right where DeSean Jackson is if he plays. It's not 2009 Revis, have faith in Robinson's sick athleticism, he leads the league in plays of over 20 yards, all he needs is one big play and he'll deliver for us.

Here's what they said when he faced off against 2 top corners on Buffalo:

Regardless of that, the Jaguars are going struggle against Buffalo’s pass defense. The team surprisingly has the top cornerback tandem in the NFL right now, as rookie Ronald Darby has been terrific for the team. He and Stephon Gilmore should easily be able to cover the aforementioned receivers, and that will make the day tough for Bortles. He may have to target Julius Thomas a lot as a result.

Result? ARob 98 yards on 6 catches and a TD. Even when he's covered he's open. Youtube search:

"Allen Robinson's Acrobatic Catch in London | Bills vs. Jaguars | NFL"

"Blake Bortles Hits Allen Robinson for a 10-Yard TD | Bills vs. Jaguars | NFL"

Plus, Revis won't be on Robinson the whole game. He should be on Hurns a little too, which means Robinson should get some chances against the woeful Cromartie.

Of all the fantasy studs vs. shutdown corner matchups, this is gonna be the most fun matchup to watch.

It has been a while since the Jaguars were fantasy relevant. I remember a few posters on here calling it a fantasy wasteland. I believe I offered some nice insight before the season and that has proven true. Yes this is the ole pat on my back post.

Jags are coming along. Theres some talent there. Imagine if Blackmon ever makes it back.

I have stopped imagining that. The pain of wasted talent hurts too much.

I would like to see Marquis Lee back, but can't seem to get past hamstring injury.

Based on some advanced stats I was looking at, I'm calling Bryan Walters my deep deep sleeper of the week.

Minus the fact that I'm disappointed since we had multiple opportunities to win the game, just goes to show you don't bench ARob or Allen Hurns. ARob makes catches regardless if he is open or not and Bortles trusts him which is just as important.