Sign in to follow this  
martyj13

Kirk Cousins vs. New Orleans

Anyone rolling with Kirk Cousins vs. New Orleans?

I have Big Ben and Matt Ryan (bye).

Peyton and Cousins are available.

Thoughts?

Scooped him up with Rivers on bye. Great recipe for a BOOM day. N.O. defense is horrible. Jordan Reed, Pierre, Desean and a defn. possibility they'll be playing from behind.

Ditto. Had Big Ben & Rivers. Needed a QB this week, and it was Cousins or Bradford. Starting Cousins and hoping for the matchup to play out as hoped.

Think it should a very good move he should have a good game .

Wow I think I would start him over Manning . I do like the match up and he as D Jax back and should be ready to roll this week .

I want to start him, but it's hard to bench Carr.

Cousins likes him some Reed, right? My impression is that the young NO LBs are unreliable in coverage at best. NO is number 32 in DVOA against TEs. Trent Williams healthy (I think), which helps.

Oh, and I'd roll with Cousins over Manning as long as there is an ankle injury concern (unless ankle injuries aren't big for a QB's follow-through and passing mechanics, on which Manning relies for accuracy). Someone chime in if you happen to know if KC's problems against WR are from mid-deep passes or from YAC plays.

I actually have cousins as a backup and am considering starting him over Brees. Although Brees has all of a sudden found his game, he seems to excell at home vs road.

Ditto. Had Big Ben & Rivers. Needed a QB this week, and it was Cousins or Bradford. Starting Cousins and hoping for the matchup to play out as hoped.

Have the same QBs and also scooped Cousins for this week. Home game, Saints D can be had, and the Skin's can't run the ball. Sounds good to me.

I am playing vs someone who has rivers and just picked up cousins to start against me...

I expect cousins to have a huge game with the way people go off vs me this year..

I have Palmer and have been trying to swing some trades to land Brees for his great ros schedule, but for this week I want Brees too considering I don't want to see Cousins outscore Palmer in a must win for me so to all that have Cousins slotted in as their qb this week - Enjoy it ya ***kers.. Haha

I think he should have a good game , but he is what we all think he is so buyer beware .

I have Rivers on bye and picked up Cousins as well. I snickered at the last post, because that's probably exactly how it's going to work out. All of us are thinking we are so smart are going to get a four INT dud game. I have Taylor tonight, but I'm staying away from the Jets D. With my luck, he'll throw for 2 and run for 2 sitting on my bench! That's just the way it plays out sometimes.

As far as Manning, I live in Denver and I don't think he's turning the corner at all. His good game against Green Bay was because two of their CBs went out injured and the running game bought him a little bit more time. The Oline is still bad, Peyton is scared of getting sacked and he's rushing things because he doesn't have the time to survey the field. His arm strength and skill is potentially there, but if he doesn't have the time he's going to look very bad the rest of the year.

Scooped him up with Rivers on bye. Great recipe for a BOOM day. N.O. defense is horrible. Jordan Reed, Pierre, Desean and a defn. possibility they'll be playing from behind.

I was also debating to add Jamison Crowder over John Brown verses Seattle

Desean Jackson has to get one of those 50+ yard TDs in this game, or so I hope! Reed gets another. Garcon gets a 3rd.

On paper, it looks promising, but don't forget......this is Cousins we are talking about.

Desean Jackson has to get one of those 50+ yard TDs in this game, or so I hope! Reed gets another. Garcon gets a 3rd.

As a Reed and Jackson owner, so let it be written, so let it be done.

I want to start him, but it's hard to bench Carr.

Cousins likes him some Reed, right? My impression is that the young NO LBs are unreliable in coverage at best. NO is number 32 in DVOA against TEs. Trent Williams healthy (I think), which helps.

Im in the same boat I have a big feeling Kirk Cousins is going to erupt but I dont want to overthink it and bench Carr what you think?

I would roll with Carr

Have no other choice but to roll with him since Luck will be out 2-6 weeks. What I didn't expect was Matt Jones catching a 78 yard TD from him in my lineup. On the other side of the ball, I have Brandon Cooks with 2 TD's. :banana:

Well, as it turned out, the 20-25 mph winds, the rain, and the New Orleans defense forced me to pick up Cousins and bench Carr. Boy, do I feel gooooooooood right now. Who knows, maybe Carr throws 4 tds too, but at least I know I got this in the bag.

Started Cousins over Stafford. Rivers is on bye in my other league so I'm starting Carr in that league as well.

Now they are firing their def coach Ryan , longggg over due .

Now he is not fired , double minded person is always lost .