Sign in to follow this  
smelly_spider

Sit Barnidge

Steelers are pretty bad in defense against the TE, so it might balance out.

No. Im sitting him for Ebron. Last week watching Manziel roll out away from Barnidge every single play was beyond infuriating

I'm going to make the same mistake twice , I have him on two teams and going to roll with him .

Don't disagree about sitting him with Johnny football at qb , but I have no choice he is my only te on those teams and I don't want to drop someone for a few points .

Even though Manziel is awful and doesn't have the same chemistry with Barnidge McCown has – I don't understand how so many of you have the TE depth to sit a TE1.

Jealous.

Even though Manziel is awful and doesn't have the same chemistry with Barnidge McCown has – I don't understand how so many of you have the TE depth to sit a TE1.

Jealous.

Fair point.... If there aren't any better options you gotta roll with him. In this case I can roll out Reed while he is healthy for a few weeks (hopefully) vs. the Saints secondary, no brainier. That is until Reed gets a concussion when a strong wind blows on Sunday.

Barnidge is gonna bring the Carnage!

(I hope...actually still debating between him and Kelce in a TD-heavy league).

FWIW, Pitt has given up 61.4 yards/game and 7 total TD's to TE's through 9 weeks...although 4 were to Gronk/Chandler in week 1. Also, Gates/Green put up 142 yards and 2 scores in week 5.

Yes, Manziel is a downgrade...but he did target the Barn 7 times last week, including in the endzone.

(I hope...actually still debating between him and Kelce in a TD-heavy league).

FWIW, Pitt has given up 61.4 yards/game and 7 total TD's to TE's through 9 weeks...although 4 were to Gronk/Chandler in week 1. Also, Gates/Green put up 142 yards and 2 scores in week 5.

Yes, Manziel is a downgrade...but he did target the Barn 7 times last week, including in the endzone.

Umm yeah, I'd start Kelce. HTH.

Umm yeah, I'd start Kelce. HTH

Perhaps.....but, ummm, it's really not that cut and dried. Kelse only had 58 yards at home against Denver at home earlier this year, and has only 3 TD's as opposed to Barnidge's 6.

I am still leaning towards him as I don't have much of anything else. The one positive is that Johnny seemed to look for him in the redzone :dunno:

Barely. I mean the couple throws he had there had almost no chance of completion.

Saw somewhere his targets with mccown is like 15% more than with manziel. That's a lot and when manziel isn't terribly accurate..

No bueno

I am going DWalker over Barnidge.

Most people have some choice to make because Barnidge was a waiver wire pick up and not their original TE drafted.

:thumbsup:

receptions don't count

That would be a standard league. TD heavy can also mean some terrible leagues that only count TDs. So if your guy gets 120yds and 0 TDs you get bupkis. If he scores you get 6. These leagues are terrible.

Even though Manziel is awful and doesn't have the same chemistry with Barnidge McCown has I don't understand how so many of you have the TE depth to sit a TE1.

Jealous.

TE1 with an adequate QB. Manziel is just horrible.

Johnny is good for exactly 1 passing TD per game and not much yardage. You want to gamble it goes to Barnidge and accept his yards will be low regardless? That's what's known as a low upside play. I'd rather pick up Richard Rodgers in a heartbeat over Barnidge this week.

Give me a guy on a team likely to throw 2+TDs and 250+yds.

That would be a standard league. TD heavy can also mean some terrible leagues that only count TDs. So if your guy gets 120yds and 0 TDs you get bupkis. If he scores you get 6. These leagues are terrible.

It could also mean a standard league with lower points for yardage too.

It could also mean a standard league with lower points for yardage too.

We have a winner.

:pointstosky:

Had to roll with him , thank you Jesus for that td today .

Going to keep rolling with him after the bye...unless i see signs of life out of Ertz with Sanchize flinging it to him.

A lot of dumb in this thread when it comes to Manziel.

He played pretty damn well.

:dunno:

A lot of dumb in this thread when it comes to Manziel.

He played pretty damn well.

:dunno:

He had a QBR of 40 and took 6 sacks, half of which were avoidable had he not tried to avoid them by running in circles.

But I digress, this thread is about discussing his impact on Barnidge's fantasy numbers which were garbage to date with JM starting.

He had a QBR of 40 and took 6 sacks, half of which were avoidable had he not tried to avoid them by running in circles.

But I digress, this thread is about discussing his impact on Barnidge's fantasy numbers which were garbage to date with JM starting.

Benjamin dropped an easy TD and Johnny ran one in that wasn't called a TD inexplicably, those could have affected his QBR, a made up stat nobody pays attention to but, I digress as well.