Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Active shooter in Colorado

I think the intent can be upheld without gun access being as easy as it is currently. That's not the same as equipping would-be freedom fighters with squirrel guns. The audio debate I linked does a nice job explaining the difference.

There are over 25,000 gun regulations nation wide in this country we just have to enforce them.

Over 99.9% of registered gun owners have never killed or injured another person with a firearm.

Why would you care about upholding the intent when you clearly think the intent is silly, outdated, and unnecessary?

I said none of those things. But I can empathize with a desire to own a firearm, to some extent. Just not the current extent.

There are over 25,000 gun regulations nation wide in this country we just have to enforce them.

Over 99.9% of registered gun owners have never killed or injured another person with a firearm.

How many refugees have killed or injured another? Yet you want to keep them all out?

Your first statement is probably true (admittedly 25K seems high though). How do recommend we go about doing that?

What percentage of successful suicide attempts are due to guns?

Your first statement is probably true (admittedly 25K seems high though). How do recommend we go about doing that?

I am sure any figure in the thousands of gun laws is counting overlapping state and federal laws.

If fully-automatic weapons, grenades and rocket launchers were all legal, I'm sure that same stat would be true. Doesn't mean we should tolerate the 0.1% causing unacceptable damage.

Be specific, which of the "25,000 gun regulations" aren't be enforced that could end America's gun problems?

You are a wacko, every sense of the word. Keep hoarding ammo for this imaginary war you see coming. :cuckoo:

Didn't read a fuckin thing in his post, did you? :weary:

Hence - !@# TROLL !@#

If fully-automatic weapons, grenades and rocket launchers were all legal, I'm sure that same stat would be true. Doesn't mean we should tolerate the 0.1% causing unacceptable damage.

Be specific, which of the "25,000 gun regulations" aren't be enforced that could end America's gun problems?

The one titled "regulation to end America's Gun problems". Look it up.

Didn't read a fuckin thing in his post, did you? :weary:

Hence - !@# TROLL !@#

read it all. Alarmist and paranoid.

You are a wacko, every sense of the word. Keep hoarding ammo for this imaginary war you see coming. :cuckoo:

At least I'm not totally vain and get my hair frosted, cupcake.

Seems to me suicide is a self-correcting problem, is it not?

Seems to me suicide is a self-correcting problem, is it not?

So it only has an effect on the dead?

I said none of those things. But I can empathize with a desire to own a firearm, to some extent. Just not the current extent.

You don't need to say those things when you make repeated posts that ridicule the whole idea. The implication is pretty clear. :dunno:

I see the gun nuts banking on one advantage being that U.S. troops would have trouble firing on their own citizens..........Yet none of the gun nuts indicating that they would have any issue firing on U.S. troops, who also happen to be your neighbors, family, and friends.

Tis telling.

I see the gun nuts banking on one advantage being that U.S. troops would have trouble firing on their own citizens..........Yet none of the gun nuts indicating that they would have any issue firing on U.S. troops, who also happen to be your neighbors, family, and friends.

Tis telling.

Oh is it? Please tell us more.

If this is implying what it appears to be implying, you should just delete it because it's incredibly stupid.

Oh is it? Please tell us more.

I'm waiting cbfalcon. Please expand on what a crazy gun-nut I am because I made this readily obvious point, since you know so much about me now. :thumbsup:

So it only has an effect on the dead?

Obviously not. However it does fall squarely under the "I'm not sure I give a f*ck" category.

The collective mentality that suggests taking away ONE method of killing oneself as a means to protect that person and the people impacted by the suicide is fuckin mindboggling to me.

How about let's get that person some help?

That's literally the equivalent of saying "we need to help fat people from being fat, so let's ban Big Gulps".

It's asinine, and it's why I honestly struggle with this argument. It's fuckin stupid.

Obviously not. However it does fall squarely under the "I'm not sure I give a f*ck" category.

The collective mentality that suggests taking away ONE method of killing oneself as a means to protect that person and the people impacted by the suicide is fuckin mindboggling to me.

That's literally the equivalent of saying "we need to help fat people from being fat, so let's ban Big Gulps".

It's asinine, and it's why I honestly struggle with this argument. It's fuckin stupid.

I agree that we should get the people help.

I think the point is that many try because the weapon is readily available.

They want a quick and easy way out.

Ither ways aren't as easy and some are less likely to g9 thru with it...or more likely to fail which then gets them help.

Though, this is an area where no gun law will really help or change it though.

I'm waiting cbfalcon. Please expand on what a crazy gun-nut I am because I made this readily obvious point, since you know so much about me now. :thumbsup:

Unsure what you are looking for here, but I'll respond....

I read the last few pages of the thread, and saw that theme develop. I wasn't taking names and memorizing who thinks what. So contrary to your "since you know so much about me now" remark, I know very little about you. You weren't even on my radar enough to be placed on a team by me. I don't mean that rudely though, as I would say the same about everyone except maybe 5 people in this thread.

That being said.......When someone says an advantage they have is that their opponent will hesitate, the clear implication is that they themselves wouldn't hesitate. For if they would also be just as hesitatant, then the advantage is nullified, no?.......Very generally speaking, I roll my eyes at the patriots here that consider the constitution beyond reprach and hold it up so proudly when this debate comes up, also implying that an advantage they'd have is lack of hesitation when having a chance to kill american soldiers...............Afterall, if the soldier's hesitation is in part due to the fact that the citizens are their neighbors, friends, and countrymen, then you should also be aware that those soldiers are your neighbors, friends, and countrymen. And if that isn't just as big an issue for you as it would be them, then in my opinion you are lacking character.

Now if your stance is something along the lines of "Of course it would break my heart to fire on American soldiers, but I'd do it to protect my life", then you'd be unintelligent to not assume the same of those soldiers. And if your stance is based in principle, thus alowing you to kill for your right to protect lives with guns, you sound like someone willing to blow up people in an abortion clinic because you value life so strongly, hence you have no principles really and are in truth just a zealot.

So summarized, the stance of "gun owners would stand a chance, because the military would find great difficulty in forcing many of their troops to engage in armed combat with American civilians" implies you are either lacking in character, lacking in intelligence, or you are a zealot. Or possibly a combination of the three.

Ither ways aren't as easy and some are less likely to g9 thru with it...or more likely to fail which then gets them help.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Well, to go back on that...not necessarily "no" law.

I think waiting periods do help with some of that.

From some reading, many suicide attempts are not long planned out things...but things done in moments of "weakness" or whatever.

Given a few days of a waiting period...would that change? Its possible.

Carry on.

From some reading, many suicide attempts are not long planned out things...but things done in moments of "weakness" or whatever.

Carry on.

:cheers:

You weren't even on my radar enough to be placed on a team by me.

Well I'm the one who made the statement you jumped on and called "telling" so it seems like maybe you'd look at WHO you think something is so telling about?

So summarized, the stance of "gun owners would stand a chance, because the military would find great difficulty in forcing many of their troops to engage in armed combat with American civilians" implies you are either lacking in character, lacking in intelligence, or you are a zealot. Or possibly a combination of the three.

Wow. Lot of words, that don't in any way really support this conclusion. I never said anything about the prospect of firing on American soldiers myself, or that I would even ever do that. I am merely pointing out that it would be a pretty unique kind of engagement with conflicting feelings and loyalties, not to mention major PR and morale implications. The idea that the government is just going to roll out their weaponry against numbers of the American populace and it's just going to be like any other engagement anywhere else in the world is a stupidly simplistic view of how something like that would actually play out, IMO. It wouldn't just be a matter of who had the superior firepower, which is what so many people want to immediately reduce this to, there would be a ton of other factors involved. HTH.

At least I'm not totally vain and get my hair frosted, cupcake.

2004 called. They want their shtick back

I don't think I've ever once heard of someone's suicide and thought that we need to do something about guns in this country. They'll use pills or a rope or sit in a garage with the car running. Hard for a murderer to kill a room full of people by overdose or hanging.

You don't need to say those things when you make repeated posts that ridicule the whole idea. The implication is pretty clear. :dunno:

Maybe you should stick with what I actually said, rather than making bad assumptions. :thumbsup:

The argument is, guns create more collective harm than good. Suicide is a big part of the harm they cause, and guns are far more effective than the other commonly used methods for suicide attempts.

Are you sure? Why does the risk of suicide go up merely by owning a gun?

Carry on.

Whew!

Maybe you should stick with what I actually said, rather than making bad assumptions. :thumbsup:

Right. Not only is there an extremely low chance of the government becoming tyrannical, gun owners would never stand a chance if they did.

I don't know which is more ridiculous: to suggest the founding fathers would approve of the nuts stockpiling firearms, or those nuts using them for anything useful.

Thank goodness the second amendment ensured those fine citizens could stall the evil government's efforts!

Do you really think there is any chance the government would perform such tactics against regular citizens? Nothing is impossible, but realistically, what are the odds?

You give yourself way too much credit. The difference in training would be far outweighed by advantages in technology and infrastructure. Most Joe survivalists don't have combat jets, or anti-aircraft missiles, for that matter.

Yes, however did I come to the ad assumption that you don't think much intent of the 2nd amendment. :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever once heard of someone's suicide and thought that we need to do something about guns in this country. They'll use pills or a rope or sit in a garage with the car running. Hard for a murderer to kill a room full of people by overdose or hanging.

Congratulations. You're not completely fuckin retarded.

Yeah, you treat the depression. The problem is gun suicides are far more effective than other methods.

So?

The argument is, guns create more collective harm than good. Suicide is a big part of the harm they cause, and guns are far more effective than the other commonly used methods for suicide attempts.

Tell that to the woman who's raped, the father who's forced to watch, and the loved ones of a family member who's murdered with a gun or any other weapon because people like you are skeered.

Are you sure? Why does the risk of suicide go up merely by owning a gun?

With that logic I should probably buy a weight set then.

Congratulations. You're not completely fuckin retarded.

Don't confuse the fact that you're a paranoid, scared pussie with having intelligence.

Guns suicides are more common than gun homicides in the US, and more effective than other measures.

With that logic I should probably buy a weight set then.

I didn't make up the statistics. Having a gun increases your risk of suicide, and gun-related crime. Suicide rates are lower in places with more strict gun regulation, and gun ownership.

But yes, you should buy a weight set. :thumbsup: