Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nice

Anyone got the stones to start Lacy?

Mccarthy is now talking up Lacy, how he looks rejuvenated. Anyone have it in them To start Lacy the first round the playoffs this week. My other option is L Murray vs denver, playoff time go big or go home.

Lacy on paper has a solid matchup, in what I believe will be a blowout

Depends on your other options

I would avoid that backfield. Tubs ceiling and floor have proved to be low. highly doubt it's a blowout either

If Lacy is starting I would roll with him .

I like Lacy and Blount .

Ugh. As a Stark owner I have to agree that avoiding this backfield is the best bet right now. Lacy is in the doghouse,Starks gets the start, then Lacy plays pretty much the rest of the game. Or, Lacy gets some reps and then is yanked. Who the hell knows. I'd love some feedback from GB homers if there is any talk about who is the man this week.

Not sure about this week, but I'm starting to wonder if the Packers make a play for someone like Forte or Lynch after this season. Rodgers isn't getting younger--if they don't at least make the SB this year, they have to feel a clock ticking. Making a bid on an older but skilled player for a short term run (see Keith Jackson/Andre Rison of old) might make some sense.

Not sure about this week, but I'm starting to wonder if the Packers make a play for someone like Forte or Lynch after this season. Rodgers isn't getting younger--if they don't at least make the SB this year, they have to feel a clock ticking. Making a bid on an older but skilled player for a short term run (see Keith Jackson/Andre Rison of old) might make some sense.

Going after old, potentially broken down RBs is generally a very bad idea. Especially lynch who doesn't seem particularly interested in playing anymore

Going after old, potentially broken down RBs is generally a very bad idea. Especially lynch who doesn't seem particularly interested in playing anymore

Lynch wouldn't be a great idea, I agree. Doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense to someone, though. But for a team like the Packers, Forte could make a lot of sense. I don't see any evidence that he's breaking down, and if the coaches are starting to question Lacy's committment (both on the diet and now responsibility front), a guy like Forte--who has no worries like that attached to him at all--could make sense. I'm not sure he's going to come with a huge price tag either.

I traded away Lacy mid-season for this very reason. I was able to put together a much better backfield via trades and pick ups. AP, Rawls, Miller, and West. I would agree that if you have almost any other option you have to sit Lacy. If he gets 100 and a TD, so be it. No one can guarantee or predict that. The talk by the coaches is all gamesmanship. My personal concern is that the person that I traded Lacy to had Ingram so now she's going to start him against me this week. Karma is a b|¥<h, so watch out.

Saw this on rotoworld.

Speaking Tuesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he believes Eddie Lacy has been "rejuvenated."
"His work was good today," McCarthy said. "(I) look for him to have a very good week of practice, and I look for him to be productive Sunday." McCarthy spoke at greater length about Lacy's mindset. "Everything Eddie wants to accomplish is right there in front of him. ... If Eddie or any other player wants to jump up and grab that opportunity, it's right in front of them." The comments are a clear indication Lacy will get a chance to reclaim No. 1 duties. The Pack desperately need Lacy to get going, as James Starks or UDFA John Crockett aren't the answer at running back. Lacy had his two best games of the year before last week's benching against the Lions. He's a high-upside RB2 for Sunday's game against the Cowboys

Deciding between lacy, hill and Gore at flex. leaning Gore because he doesn't have to share, his workload won't be a mystery like these other guys.

Agree I like Gore more now with Bradshaw once again going down .

Saw this on rotoworld.

Speaking Tuesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he believes Eddie Lacy has been "rejuvenated."

"His work was good today," McCarthy said. "(I) look for him to have a very good week of practice, and I look for him to be productive Sunday." McCarthy spoke at greater length about Lacy's mindset. "Everything Eddie wants to accomplish is right there in front of him. ... If Eddie or any other player wants to jump up and grab that opportunity, it's right in front of them." The comments are a clear indication Lacy will get a chance to reclaim No. 1 duties. The Pack desperately need Lacy to get going, as James Starks or UDFA John Crockett aren't the answer at running back. Lacy had his two best games of the year before last week's benching against the Lions. He's a high-upside RB2 for Sunday's game against the Cowboys

WRONG.

The comments may mean that.

But they may also mean that McCarthy is just keeping opponents on their toes and it's actually going to be Starks/Crockett shouldering the load.

Same dilemma here. I have rawls and d. Johnson in my lineup. Deciding between lacy or cj Anderson in my flex spot. I'm leaning towards lacy.

You gotta be stoned to start Lacy. He is just one sneeze away from the bench. The guy is on the short leash. A fumble, a missed block, who knows what will send him to the bench. F that. Im glad I traded him away.

You gotta be stoned to start Lacy. He is just one sneeze away from the bench. The guy is on the short leash. A fumble, a missed block, who knows what will send him to the bench. F that. Im glad I traded him away.

Agreed, I'm glad I never had him. I'm a Packer fan, and the concept of hedging my bets for overall football happiness steers me away from Packers players when I can. I dabbled in Adams this year...nooooope,im out.

I'm doing it. I have gore west and hillman as options. what say ye.

Anyone think Tim Hightower would be a better start than lacy? My RB's are really week, damn injuries this year hit me the hardest. I have Lacy, Abdullah right now and hightower in flex, I could put jordan matthews in my flex position, I just have a hard time trusting him. My Rbs are listed above and jay ajayi, tevin coleman, b. Powell, J. Crockett, Cj Spiller. I piled on rb's for playoffs since there are hardly any. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Eddie Lacy is an enigma wrapped in a jigsaw puzzle.

Sandwiched between a bacon and sausage pizza with extra cheese

starting to warm to lacy. 100% chance of rain during the game sunday this looks like a run heavy game much like the bears game on thanksgiving where lacy tore it up. i liked what i've read about him, i think i am getting suckered into buying in here. starks has underwhelmed and the packers need this game...lacy is their best weapon right now...sad as that may be. he has a low floor but so do my other flex options like gore, hill, and dez. his upside is easily the best. go big or go home...and with lacy i'm definitely going BIG. B)

Yeah I think they will lean on Lacy a lot in this game .

Well eff me, I think I'm gonna gamble on the fat man again. They say he's starting and my other options are not great (maybe Gio Bernard against the Steelers but that's a roll of the dice as well).

I gambled on the fat man and won. he got me 31. Hillman had 12.

Imagine how well he would have looked if they allowed him to be the bellcow and gave him the carries starks is getting.

Imagine how well he would have looked if they allowed him to be the bellcow and gave him the carries starks is getting.

Imagine how well he would play if he didn't look like a bellcow.

• Like 2

Imagine how well he would play if he didn't look like a bellcow.

This from a Steelers fan? Were you asking Bettis to trim down in the off seasons? :)

Seriously, look at Lacy's thighs, and tell me he pushes that pile the way he did on his almost TD if he loses significant amounts of weight.

This from a Steelers fan? Were you asking Bettis to trim down in the off seasons? :)

Seriously, look at Lacy's thighs, and tell me he pushes that pile the way he did on his almost TD if he loses significant amounts of weight.

Thanks bro for putting it into perspective. I traded for fat eddie 5 weeks ago in a keeper league and now I am riding him in the semi finals.

He does remind me of Bettis with his quick feet.

Both players are listed as 5'11. Bus 251 lbs. and Lacy laughable at 229 lbs.