Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Tim Hightower

Agreed. He is definitely a better option when Brees can take the pressure off the running game and he still gets the little dump offs. If you relying on Hightower now, you are probably doing so because you don't have a ton of other options that are better than Hightower.

I'm wondering if they wouldn't run the ball more if Brees is out, Jacksonville is not very good vs the run (24th). I'm trying to talk myself into playing him! :) Due to injuries and near the bottom of the waiver order, I only have Gurley and Abdullah as the other option. I've already stated I don't want to get a 4 pt effort out of Gurely vs Seattle (plus, I have Seattle's D). Abdullah could be a decent option, just doesn't get that many touches sharing with Bell and Riddick.

Yeah not sure how you could say they will throw it more with brees out....more likely they throw less, and run more.

Screw it im playing him.

Its basically either Hightower or grabbing one of you guys at this point

it's not that they are going to throw more with brees out. it's that the jags are going to key in on a running back. does it matter if your rb gets 26 carries if they avg 1.6 ypc and no tds?

it's not that they are going to throw more with brees out. it's that the Seahawks are going to key in on a running back. does it matter if your rb gets 26 carries if they avg 1.6 ypc and no tds?

I think that you mean Jaguars and not Seahawks. I think that Hightower will get his touches, but he is not going to be as effective because they will stack the box.

I am still playing the guy because I don't have a ton of options, but expectations would be less if Brees is not playing.

I think that you mean Jaguars and not Seahawks. I think that Hightower will get his touches, but he is not going to be as effective because they will stack the box.

I am still playing the guy because I don't have a ton of options, but expectations would be less if Brees is not playing.

I did. ty for pointing that out.

For all those hoping for volume making Hightower a good play. It is hard to get volume if a QB isn't moving the offense. There is also a chance that if Brees is out and Bortles takes advantage of the NO D the Saints offense falls apart.

I'm sitting Watson for Delanie Walker and sitting Hightower altogether for the exact reason posted above. If Brees is OUT the chains are muuuuch less likely to move. Cant risk that this week.

For all those hoping for volume making Hightower a good play. It is hard to get volume if a QB isn't moving the offense. There is also a chance that if Brees is out and Bortles takes advantage of the NO D the Saints offense falls apart.

This... And remember hes a guy that was on the street recently. Fresh legs... Check Opportunity....Check Talented to overcome crappy QB play....not so much

I'm facing him this week so he'll end up with 10 catches, 100 receiving yards and 1-2 receiving TDs while Cooks, Snead, Watson and Spiller all play decoy, or something like that...

Flexing him. Not overly confident he'll go off or anything. But should be serviceable.

I'm deciding between him and Karlos

Same decision here. I'm going Karlos (which means Hightower is the pick unfortunately).

I sat Hightower for DeSean Jackson at flex spot, didn't pan out for me but still would again if Brees is out.

Same decision here. I'm going Karlos (which means Hightower is the pick unfortunately).

And right on cue Karlos gets zero touches on first series.

Edit: that's better!

Flexing him. Not overly confident he'll go off or anything. But should be serviceable.

beyond serviceable.

Love Timmy. Took me to the promised land

same here. funny thing is everyone went after Spiller. I picked him up for free after Rawls went down.

same here. funny thing is everyone went after Spiller. I picked him up for free after Rawls went down.

I did the same. Like you, I didn't even have to use a waiver claim on him either. I thought it took a bit of stones for me to start him today over Lamar Miller, Darren McFadden, Karlos Williams, Christine Michael and Jeremy Hill...but man did it pay off.

I did the same. Like you, I didn't even have to use a waiver claim on him either. I thought it took a bit of stones for me to start him today over Lamar Miller, Darren McFadden, Karlos Williams, Christine Michael and Jeremy Hill...but man did it pay off.

Congrats! It sure did pay off.

Nice job Craw, I too played Timmy, but my choice wasn't so tough (Gurley and Abdullah).

If only that TD he scored last Monday night wouldn't have been taken away, I would have been in the finals and today he would have helped me to victory. 👱🏻⚡