Sign in to follow this  
Law

THIS can be said of the Steelers' season

But they played the Ravens.

Two loses to one of the worst, most injury-riddled teams in the league? YOU don't deserve the playoffs!

But they played the Ravens.

Two loses to one of the worst, most injury-riddled teams in the league? YOU don't deserve the playoffs!

Bingo!

Ben played as horrible a game as I have seen him. Defense only gives up 17 and they lose???

They came out running. Why?

I think it was all a plot to destroy me in 2 dailies and 3 of 4 yearlies.

But maybe, just maybe, I'm paranoid.

But hey! They improved their draft position!!!

Done .

That gameplan will go down as one of the greatest mysteries in NFL history. I cannot fathom it.

Pitt was a team with the weapons to make a deep playoff push, and they came out and played small-ball with a team with a leaky secondary.

No explanation.

That gameplan will go down as one of the greatest mysteries in NFL history. I cannot fathom it.

Pitt was a team with the weapons to make a deep playoff push, and they came out and played small-ball with a team with a leaky secondary.

No explanation.

Tomlin will give his half a dozen cliche and the media will just eat it up

Tomlin will give his half a dozen cliche and the media will just eat it up

Right .

What did Tomlin have to say? Let me guess, he blamed turnovers or drops, and took absolutely no responsibility whatsoever for the loss? This clown makes Obama look like a stand up guy.

Of all the crazy stuff in the NFL today, this game plan still has me scratching my head.

Chuck the friggin' ball on a bottom-5 pass Defense!?!

Of all the crazy stuff in the NFL today, this game plan still has me scratching my head.

Chuck the friggin' ball on a bottom-5 pass Defense!?!

Not a no huddle, a lot of close bunch formations, not a single downfield pass in the first half. Force feeding it to Brown the entire game instead of doing what they do all year and take what the defense gives them.

Although, Ben played a horrible game when they finally did realize they shouldn't be running every down. But Ben is the type of QB you need to keep involved in the game early on to get in rhythm

Don't worry, our media will find out everything.

Media: "Coach, what did you have for breakfast today?"

Tomlin: "Obviously, I had some eggs. They have a lot of preparation flexibility"

Media: "Coach, how do you think Deangelo played?"

Tomlin: "Obviously we ran the ball well. Obviously you need a good running game in AFC North road action"

Media: "Coach, what's your favorite color?"

Tomlin: "Obviously, I'm not going to get into that. We gotta get ready for a red hot Cleveland team next week."

I'm wholeheartedly disappointed. I think this is a case of out thinking yourself with your gameplan. "Hmm, let's see...Baltimore expects us to pass so that means they'll be prepared for our passing game...we should run instead." :rolleyes:

I can forgive the Steelers the first game vs the Ravens team at full strength when the Steelers weren't and when they were handicapped with Josh Scobee who couldn't hit water if standing in a boat in the middle of the Three Rivers. But losing to Ryan Mallett and a Ravens team with no playmakers, and nothing to play for???!!! :doh: :nono:

What did Tomlin have to say? Let me guess, he blamed turnovers or drops, and took absolutely no responsibility whatsoever for the loss? This clown makes Obama look like a stand up guy.

I am sure it is the referee's fault or someone else... The Steelers never lose a game...

haha, Steelers do no wrong. Bottom line, they thought they could do whatever they want, and it backfired. Luckily for me, I won with Ben wetting the bed.

I am sure it is the referee's fault or someone else... The Steelers never lose a game...

Not sure what fan base you are gauging. Listen to us abuse our team. We know when we lose a game. Refs ? When was last time we used that's as an excuse as fans? Most of us hate Tomlin and will call out our players

You should read steeler message boards. Holy crap you wonder if there are really any fans. They are calling for Bens head, Tomlin, Haley, the secondary. Our busted LB 1st round picks. Bryant for tripping over his own feet

Least delusional fanbase in the NFL. We don't make excuses, don't lay blame at anything other than the players and coaches feet.

I still remember the 2008 playoff game vs Jacksonville like it was yesterday. The 32 yrd run by David Gerrard on 4th and 2 had not one but TWO exceptionally clear holdings penalties that should have been called, one on each side of the huge hole that Gerrard ran through. 7 years and I've never made an excuse for it, despite the fact it cost the Steelers the game the team never should have put itself in that position, just like they shouldn't have yesterday either.

Least delusional fanbase in the NFL. We don't make excuses, don't lay blame at anything other than the players and coaches feet.

I still remember the 2008 playoff game vs Jacksonville like it was yesterday. The 32 yrd run by David Gerrard on 4th and 2 had not one but TWO exceptionally clear holdings penalties that should have been called, one on each side of the huge hole that Gerrard ran through. 7 years and I've never made an excuse for it, despite the fact it cost the Steelers the game the team never should have put itself in that position, just like they shouldn't have yesterday either.

Your fan base made a lot of excuses week 1 of this year.

Your fan base made a lot of excuses week 1 of this year.

Not on this board. Poor kicking, poor coaching and a horrible play by Derrius Heyward-Bey killed them in what should have been a victory. That's just par for the course this year.

He's talking about his ONE friend who sometimes claims to be a Steelers fan. That is what he means by fan base - a generalization based on a minute sample size of one.

:doh:

You don't see it because you like this team for some reason...

The Steelers choked and that's all there is to it . And I do think that Tomlin is over rated . Just me I'm sure .

The Steelers choked and that's all there is to it . And I do think that Tomlin is over rated . Just me I'm sure .

You're not alone there. Sometimes when I watch the Cardinals play I wish the Steelers had hired Arians. But then I remember he wasn't much better than Tomlin when he was here.

You're not alone there. Sometimes when I watch the Cardinals play I wish the Steelers had hired Arians. But then I remember he wasn't much better than Tomlin when he was here.

Remember back it wasnt hire Tomlin or Arians it was Tomlin or Wizenhunt.

Arians as offensive coordinator made some really, really bone headed game plans and critical calls. I would say Ben really didn't flourish under his system but under Haley's. Arians was getting Ben killed with his 5 step drop all deep pass offense with no check downs or blitz hot reads.

I rarely agree with any of Tomlin's in game decisions. Like going for it on 4th and a long 1 on the road vs the Ravens where literally every game is decided by 3 pts. Take the easy 3. Tomlin along with Andy Reed have to be THE worst coaches in the league at time management. I would say Coughlin is making a strong case to be in that top 2 now.

One thing I like about Tomlin is his staff of assistant coaches has to be one of the best in the league. His roster management is also pretty good, but is that him or the GM. Managing the roster is done well but the draft pick busts are too high under Tomlin.

As a Patriots fan I love seeing the Steelers self inflict wounds. They could be VERY dangerous in the playoffs if they weren't too busy tripping over their own two feet

As a Patriots fan I love seeing the Steelers self inflict wounds. They could be VERY dangerous in the playoffs if they weren't too busy tripping over their own two feet

They can't help themselves.

Is there any other team that LITERALLY has the ability to beat every team in the NFL but also lose to every team team in the NFL? Beat the likes of Cardinals, Bengals, Broncos and lose to Ryan's Mullet, Clay Aiken and Buck Rodgers? Heck they even hung with the Patriots week 1 pretty decent considering their FG kicker problems that week and on the road opening night

Arians as offensive coordinator made some really, really bone headed game plans and critical calls. I would say Ben really didn't flourish under his system but under Haley's. Arians was getting Ben killed with his 5 step drop all deep pass offense with no check downs or blitz hot reads.

I rarely agree with any of Tomlin's in game decisions. Like going for it on 4th and a long 1 on the road vs the Ravens where literally every game is decided by 3 pts. Take the easy 3. Tomlin along with Andy Reed have to be THE worst coaches in the league at time management. I would say Coughlin is making a strong case to be in that top 2 now.

One thing I like about Tomlin is his staff of assistant coaches has to be one of the best in the league. His roster management is also pretty good, but is that him or the GM. Managing the roster is done well but the draft pick busts are too high under Tomlin.

Very good post on this topic . I agree .

I always attributed the decision for the Steelers to not re-up Arians because of the lame-duck excuse of getting the Steelers back to a "power running team".

I also always felt that was BS, considering that the Steelers ran pretty effectively during Arians' tenure there. The main problem, as Murf alluded to, was that Big Ben was getting sacked at a David Carr-type rate.

I'll agree, first with your opinion on the staff. I was not high on Haley but he's won me over because he clearly wants Ben to get rid of the ball so he takes less abuse and lasts longer. I wasn't happy about the decision to let Lebeau go, but it was time because he had become way too dependent on older players who could no longer be counted on regularly. I think Pittsburgh saw what Seattle did with youth and went with Butler, which was a good move overall.

Tomlin is a players coach, they love him. But you're completely right, he's horrible with the game management, clock in particular. He's got some huge brass ones at times, but I think he lets showing the size of balls get in the way of smart football too often. Running the ball on 4th and goal with no time on the clock makes you a legend if works, but should land you in the unemployment line when it doesn't and FG would bring OT.

Steeler fans are prohibited from mentioning bad calls until they lose a Super Bowl because of many bad calls, seeing as they were handed one that way

And no one disputes that they were.

And no one disputes that they were.

And since we're speaking for everyone, this is why everyone hates the Seahawks.

Still crying after all these years. Let it go!

And since we're speaking for everyone, this is why everyone hates the Seahawks.

Still crying after all these years. Let it go!

Not a Seahawks fan. And even the refs admitted they screwed up.

Revision is easy, and often convenient.

Is it just me or the steeler ravens games are normally run hard low scoring games? the guy i played in the championship had A. Brown I wasnt too worried, i was expecting 12pts or so. But eversince I can remember they've been low scoring run games.

Is it just me or the steeler ravens games are normally run hard low scoring games? the guy i played in the championship had A. Brown I wasnt too worried, i was expecting 12pts or so. But eversince I can remember they've been low scoring run games.

that rivalry is just a different beast...it's not quite like having a successful season if you went 2-14 but both the wins were against Ravens/Steelers (depending which side you were on) but it's close. Lots of bad blood and always a slugfest.

I think the difference and general consensus was that despite the rivalry, no Flacco, no Forsett, no Smith Sr, and no Suggs was too much to overcome. But every year you can bet on Pittsburgh playing to the level of their competition. Last year it was the Browns once, the Buccaneers, and the Jets.

I think the difference and general consensus was that despite the rivalry, no Flacco, no Forsett, no Smith Sr, and no Suggs was too much to overcome. But every year you can bet on Pittsburgh playing to the level of their competition. Last year it was the Browns once, the Buccaneers, and the Jets.

Sadly, this is completely true.