Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your top 10 RB draft list look like for 2016 if you picked today?

Right now I have L Murray ranked 12 th , I just don't see a top 10 rb .

Right now? Yeah I'd give you that. Definitely re-visit after the draft. If they go cornerback at 14, then safety in round two, that will give them a very stout secondary. They signed Sean Smith from KC, a big physical cornerback with speed who is only 29, with Amerson the team now has two top 10 CBs which graded out in the 80's on PFF's scale last season. The big question mark on defense is whether Mario Edwards Jr comes back from his neck injury. Their second round pick from last year was an absolute beast before he went down, teaming with Khalil Mack. Plus they plan to re-sign Aldon Smith, in view of the future.

I would not be surprised if they went all defense in the draft, with possible exception of maybe a backup WR or RB in the later rounds.

Thanks for giving me that .

I see the discussion has shifted to Latavius Murray. First of all, the Raiders offensive line HAS improved. It was vastly underrated on this bored last season, and they replaced the weakest link (JaMarcus Webb) with Kelechi Osemele. And they re-signed Donald Penn, who was ranked 10th among all tackles by Pro Football Focus last season. Right tackle Austin Howard is coming back off a knee injury, but he ranked as PFF's 14th ranked tackle. Center Rodney Hudson is bordering on All-Pro, and I've been touting LG Gabe Jackson as a future pro bowler for some time now. The Raider offensive line is big, mean and nasty. What's more, left to right, each player grades out by Pro Football Focus at a 79 or better. It's the only offensive line in the NFL to do so. And that grade would actually be higher but LG Osemele played several games at LT filling in for Eugene Monroe, where he was scored lower. Don't laugh, but Oakland may have the best offensive line in football. At least for now on paper. In fact up the middle, guard to guard, there IS no line better than Oakland's. The only question mark may be depth. Tackle Menelik Watson was playing at a very high level, and probably would have taken Howard's job, but hurt his Achilles in training camp last summer. Guard Jon Feliciano is a young mauler personally drafted by Mike Tice last year in round four. And Khalif Barnes is basically just a body. But name me an NFL team which has superb depth at offensive line. Save your rebuttals, let's just re-visit mid season shall we?

As for Murray, no other RB in the NFL saw a higher percentage of his team's carries last year. The problem for Oakland was its defense was Godawful, and kept the offense off the field. This led to a very low number of rushing attempts for the team. It's true, JDR wants to get Murray some help. In fact, it's my contention the team is secretly not happy with Murray. But the Raiders defense will be much improved, the measure of this improvement being more ascernable after the draft. Word is the team may go defense with its first three picks. A better defense leads to closer games, more time on the field for the offense etc.

I noticed issues with the line in the pre season last year, but the line did progress some as the season went on.

one scouting report I looked at did confirm that J'Marcus Webb was all kinds of terrible at RG, and was the main reason the run blocking was sub par. So any move that replaces him shouldnt be a bad thing.

they will eventually need to look at replacing Penn due mostly to age (33). Keeping in mind this isnt a problem today, but they probably have a 2 year window to find the next guy to reside at that spot and we dont know when he will hit the wall(so to speak)

anyhow, I'm encouraged by the change but I wont adjust my ranking of Murray until I see how the line appears to have come together in the preseason.

He is still outside my top 10 and Weepaws ranking of 12 for him is pretty close to where I would rank him at this time.

Thanks for giving me that .

Ha ha ha... alright. Keep an eye on my team this year Weepaws.

I noticed issues with the line in the pre season last year, but the line did progress some as the season went on.

one scouting report I looked at did confirm that J'Marcus Webb was all kinds of terrible at RG, and was the main reason the run blocking was sub par. So any move that replaces him shouldnt be a bad thing.

they will eventually need to look at replacing Penn due mostly to age (33). Keeping in mind this isnt a problem today, but they probably have a 2 year window to find the next guy to reside at that spot and we dont know when he will hit the wall(so to speak)

anyhow, I'm encouraged by the change but I wont adjust my ranking of Murray until I see how the line appears to have come together in the preseason.

He is still outside my top 10 and Weepaws ranking of 12 for him is pretty close to where I would rank him at this time.

I've stated they probably will go defense with their first three picks, but there is an outside chance Mike Tice talks the team into drafting Jack Conklin in the first. If Stanley falls, that's a given.

Ha ha ha... alright. Keep an eye on my team this year Weepaws.

Like your teams direction. And I've said it before , the NFL is even better when the Raiders are winning .

Not to sure what it says about Ajayi , but the Dolphins are now bringing in Foster for a look .

Wow, wouldn't think Foster to be ready for workouts until another month or two.

Hopefully he doesnt get an accidental papercut signing that contract. if it gets infected, he could miss months of playing time.

Everything I've read, including PFT and Jason Cole, states the Dolphins are meeting with Foster just to see where he is with his recovery. Most have pegged him being unable to workout for a team until a month or two after the draft.

I'd be shocked if the Dolphins didn't draft another running back if given the opportunity in the draft.

has any rb ever recover from an achilles injury and have success in the NFL?

leshoure was younger and couldnt recover and j. bell had some repairs last year and looked like he was leshoure part two. kendall hunter? andre brown and edgar bennett had the injury too but were never stars. i know foster is a better player but skill has nothing to do with healing. some wrs have had success but they were younger like crabtree and thomas and didnt play rb. suggs even recovered but he isnt a rb. maybe it depends on how bad the injury but a rupture at 30? good luck. i think the comeback is more for him to make some more change off his name then to actually help any football team.

has any rb ever recover from an achilles injury and have success in the NFL? leshoure was younger and couldnt recover and j. bell had some repairs last year and looked like he was leshoure part two. kendall hunter? andre brown and edgar bennett had the injury too but were never stars. i know foster is a better player but skill has nothing to do with healing. some wrs have had success but they were younger like crabtree and thomas and didnt play rb. suggs even recovered but he isnt a rb. maybe it depends on how bad the injury but a rupture at 30? good luck. i think the comeback is more for him to make some more change off his name then to actually help any football team.

Any major injury at the age of 30 can potentially be a career ender for a RB.

considering Foster's injury history, this may be a good bet.

but because he has put up huge numbers in the past, inevitably there is always someone out there desperate enough to give it a try. Looks like Miami may be one of those teams.

honestly, at this point, they should grab a RB in the draft. Even if they sign Foster, I dont know if it is reasonable to expect him to make it through the season and they need someone who can step in and play.

All this talk about the Dolphins drafting a rb and them talking to Foster makes me wonder how they feel about Ajayi ?

All this talk about the Dolphins drafting a rb and them talking to Foster makes me wonder how they feel about Ajayi ?

Its clear they dont want him as a bellcow of any kind. This is the equivilent of a girl your dating still going on 2 Tinder dates a week. She just isnt that into you.

Considering the running backs they brought in, I feel like it's pretty easy to deduce.

CJA, Foster, reported interest in Forte, Chris Johnson, and James Starks.

Those are all guys that have complete opposite skill-sets as Ajayi. And they're all running backs that are seemingly good fits in Adam Gase's offense.

Let me simplify: I don't care who the consensus top ten running backs are. I won't be drafting them. I'm going to let you draft them. By the time it's time to draft a running back, I'll have my three starting receivers locked in in my PPR league and I'll draft best available running back after. I'm going to take one of the wide receivers that you were hoping to land to go along with your first round running back that is probably going to get hurt or not be in the top ten at his position by the end of the year.

:thumbsup:

JStew killed me at the start of last year. I had him as my RB1 and he started doing well too late and into the NFL playoffs.

Its clear they dont want him as a bellcow of any kind. This is the equivilent of a girl your dating still going on 2 Tinder dates a week. She just isnt that into you.

Can you PM me this girls number?

Now that the draft has come and gone and most of the FA that matter have found homes how much has your top 10 changed?

Zeke is now my number one .

Now that the draft has come and gone and most of the FA that matter have found homes how much has your top 10 changed?

Not much personally. Most of the movement for me would be moreso the 10-20ish. Guys like Matt Jones and Jay Ajayi look like interesting risk/reward RB2s now. Talking redraft of course.

Dang, slow down man. The hype train has turned into a rocket ship for you.

• Like 1

Bell

Peterson

Charles

Gurley

Rawls

Martin

Freeman

Ingram

Latavius

Lamar Miller (hoping he's in Houston)

I'd replace Rawls with David Johnson after the draft. Collins and Prosise are going to eat into his ceiling.

I'd also have Freeman bumped down being replaced with Ezekiel Elliott. Too much skill in such a good situation to not be included in any top-10 discussion for re-draft.

Just helping the train move .

Bell

Gurley

Charles

Peterson

Martin

Zeke

Miller

Lacy

Johnson

Freeman

I considered Forte at 10, but went with Freeman. I'd call it a toss up between those two.

1. Bell (concerns of suspensions, and health, great team to be a rb on)

2. Johnson (small sample, kid looked great has a great supporting cast)

3. Gurley (Beast, best of the bunch, not sold on offense around him)

4. Zeke (should do great if Romo and Dez can stay healthy)

5. Peterson (long in the tooth, can we get one more dominant year?)

6. Freeman (wild card, seems streaky, maybe that was health related)

7. Lacy (weight for it......)

8. Martin (can he continue from last years success?)

9. Miller (great landing spot. Lets see if he can sustain the true bell cow roll)

10. Hyde (love his abilities, can he stay healthy? Chip Kelly offense could be good for him)

just my .02

11. Charles (getting older and injuries are mounting. May not be used as heavily)

12. Rawls (great situation, much competition )

Zeke is ranked number one on all my boards . Non ppr and ppr .

Think he will be the number one rb .

Glad to see everyone sleeping on Langford.

In a great situation, if he can stay healthy. Kid showed me something last year.

In a great situation, if he can stay healthy. Kid showed me something last year.

Meh. I thought he was ok. Nothing special. If he gets a ton of carries then sure. He wasnt as good of a receiver as I expected

Where would you rank him right now ?

Meh. I thought he was ok. Nothing special. If he gets a ton of carries then sure. He wasnt as good of a receiver as I expected

Agree that his ypc was well below what you want to see, but not surprising for a rookie....and Forte wasn't much better He is no Gurly or D. Johnson, but I think he has a very legitimate shot at cracking the top 10. His 3.7 ypc was actually a bit better than L. Bell during his rookie year. I am by no means comparing the two, but just pointing out that rookie RB stats can be deceiving sometimes.

I thought he caught the ball decently (280 yards and a TD), although that was skewed upward by that beautiful 83 yard catch and run against the Rams, and his catch/target rate needs improved for sure. His hole card is his TD efficiency, I think......and that's a biggie, from a fantasy standpoint. He scored on all 4 attempts from the one yard line (league average for RB's is 53%), and should be more opportunity there.

He will need a lotta reps....agreed. However, I think the skill set is also there to be a highly valuable FF player for the price.

Where would you rank him right now ?

In the 8-10 range.....somewhere right below Martin, but ahead of Hyde.

Definitely top 10 though, as things stand now.

Considering the running backs they brought in, I feel like it's pretty easy to deduce.

CJA, Foster, reported interest in Forte, Chris Johnson, and James Starks.

Those are all guys that have complete opposite skill-sets as Ajayi. And they're all running backs that are seemingly good fits in Adam Gase's offense.

I think it is pretty easy to deduce that you do not know what Ajayi's skill set is.

In the 8-10 range.....somewhere right below Martin, but ahead of Hyde.

Definitely top 10 though, as things stand now.

I think I like Hyde more .

Now I'm in ppr leagues and I think Hyde will be better in the passing game and score more points overall .

Find it difficult to argue with that, unless Romo goes down.

They still will run Zeke even if Romo goes down .

Havent seen Forte on these lists. Whenever people start to doubt him he proves those people wrong. I think he will be in the top 10.

He showed me something last year as well, which is why I'm drafting Howard whenever possible.

Nope I don't see Forte in the top ten .

They still will run Zeke even if Romo goes down .

For some reason Zeke with Kellen Moore under center just doesn't appeal to me as much.

For some reason Zeke with Kellen Moore under center just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Yea not has pretty as when Romo is under center .

But he will still be getting the touches either way.