Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Super Bowl 50 - Denver vs. Carolina: In-Game Discussion

Carolina has no chance of a come back. So MVP. Who you guys thinkin?

Doesn't seem to matter. All of the focus is on Manning, like he did something. :dunno:

Denver D is nasty.

Cam Newton wasn't up for it. Didn't have a lot of help on offense but then again he was getting it done with the same cast of characters all year.

Think he bought into his own (substantial) hype and wasn't ready for an actual challenge

Unsung hero and the Matt Snell Award to CJ Anderson-

23 carries 90 yards and a gut check TD blast.

Awesome Thank You Jesus .

Congrats to a great Denver team. Defense wins championships.

This. Their defense is ridiculous.

You called it dude.

High Five .

Next year, you can book Carolina vs NE in the SB, with Carolina winning it...both teams threw their respective games vs Denver, never seen something so obvious. The NFL's Golden 50th Super Bowl won by the Golden boy Peyton Manning, as he rides off into the sunset and retires. :cough, bullshit:

You're embarrassing.

But, at least Peyton didn't get a second MVP. Both wins were more in spite of his efforts rather than for them. When the Colts won, he got MVP almost as a lifetime achievement award. With that already done, there wasn't a need to do it again.

Next year, you can book Carolina vs NE in the SB, with Carolina winning it...both teams threw their respective games vs Denver, never seen something so obvious. The NFL's Golden 50th Super Bowl won by the Golden boy Peyton Manning, as he rides off into the sunset and retires. :cough, bullshit:

It is a little too perfect.

Before everyone gets their panties in a twist, it might've been fixed last year too when my Pats won.

But then you think of all the people what would have to be in on it. 106 players, two coaching staffs, front office, owners, NFL bigwigs, the refs, etc.

No that's silly.

I had a guy in my office who said, in October, "...just call the season, it's over, NE and GB in the SB with NE winning it."

He's a genius!

Denver D is nasty.

Cam Newton wasn't up for it. Didn't have a lot of help on offense but then again he was getting it done with the same cast of characters all year.

Think he bought into his own (substantial) hype and wasn't ready for an actual challenge

I also think Mike Shula called a horrible game for Carolina. Cam had 600 yards rushing with 10 TDs this year. When they got the ball with 9:00 minutes left, at their own 28 yard line down 16-10, I'm putting Cam in Vince Young mode.

I understand Wade Phillips called great blitz packages to keep Newton in the pocket, but you can scheme to get him out in the flat or through the line running with the ball.

Talib should've been ejected with that second personal foul IMO. Never seen a face mask that bad, damn near tore the dude's head off. He is unhinged, didn't like him even when he was with the Pats. Somewhat unfortunate he gets to call himself a champion

• Like 1

I also think Mike Shula called a horrible game for Carolina. Cam had 600 yards rushing with 10 TDs this year. When they got the ball with 9:00 minutes left, at their own 28 yard line down 16-10, I'm putting Cam in Vince Young mode.

I understand Wade Phillips called great blitz packages to keep Newton in the pocket, but you can scheme to get him out in the flat or through the line running with the ball.

I think Cam was hurt; he took that shot in his left pec/shoulder and didn't seem the same afterward. To me it seemed that after that most of his "read options" became handoffs. I'm pretty sure that Broncos knew this as well.

You're embarrassing.

But, at least Peyton didn't get a second MVP. Both wins were more in spite of his efforts rather than for them. When the Colts won, he got MVP almost as a lifetime achievement award. With that already done, there wasn't a need to do it again.

Explain to me why Cam didn't go for the loose ball, down only 6? If they lose the ball, game over...did you see him back track instead if diving forward for the ball? You are an idiot! :music_guitarred: Listening to Phil Simms try to explain why Cam didn't go after the ball was priceless.

The whole game was a joke, but easy $$$$ betting on Denver, I got it at 6. :banana:

Explain to me why Cam didn't go for the loose ball, down only 6? If they lose the ball, game over...did you see him back track instead if diving forward for the ball? You are an idiot! :music_guitarred: Listening to Phil Simms try to explain why Cam didn't go after the ball was priceless.

The whole game was a joke, but easy $$$$ betting on Denver, I got it at 6. :banana:

Occam's Razor explains the solution. Either a bunch of people were in on a conspiracy to allow the Broncos to win, or... Cam is a punk prima donna who didn't want to risk further injury by jumping after a loose ball. :dunno:

It is a little too perfect.

Before everyone gets their panties in a twist, it might've been fixed last year too when my Pats won.

But then you think of all the people what would have to be in on it. 106 players, two coaching staffs, front office, owners, NFL bigwigs, the refs, etc.

No that's silly.

You don't need all the players and coaching staffs involved, just the main players and coaches. While I agree it's tough to pull off, there was a good article a few years ago by a reporter that chronicled college basketball and football for point shaving. No, don't have a link, but will look for it.

Heck, two years ago I remember a Navy vs Army game, Navy was favored by 5 and up 4 with less than a minute to play. They faced a 4th and goal at the 8yd line, kicking the FG would put them up 7 (and thus cover the spread), the obvious choice. But noooooooo, they make a lame attempt on 4th down and go on to win by 4. Man was I pissed, yes, I had Navy -5. So for those that think sports games aren't fixed are morons. And I would not put it passed pro football and the super bowl. If you disagree, that's fine...you want to call me names for thinking this way, go f yourself.

Occam's Razor explains the solution. Either a bunch of people were in on a conspiracy to allow the Broncos to win, or... Cam is a punk prima donna who didn't want to risk further injury by jumping after a loose ball. :dunno:

Further injury? It's the last game! It's the friggin' Super Bowl! He has all off season to recover. LOL Doubt this reasoning.

Further injury? It's the last game! It's the friggin' Super Bowl! He has all off season to recover. LOL Doubt this reasoning.

Yes, it makes more sense that Cam took money to throw the game, because he needs the cash. :thumbsup:

STFU :dunno:

Thank You Jesus .

Yes, it makes more sense that Cam took money to throw the game, because he needs the cash. :thumbsup:

Yeah what's in it for them bjsteel? I don't really see it.

The owners, they make $$$. So maybe.

The coaches? I guess they keep their job. But some of these guys don't need to worry about their job.

The players? They're already paid out the assh0le. I guess maybe the NFL comes and says "hey Cam, throw this game and we'll make sure you win three titles." But they can't even deliver on that, not unless each and every game is fixed. For all Cam knows the Panthers go in the sh!tter next year. Unlikely but you never know.

So I'm just not seeing it. I won't call you an idiot reflexively because there's always a possibility this stuff is fixed. Tim Donaghy taught us that and I'm sure there is WAAAAAY more that we've never heard about.

Did anyone else hear some clown going "whooooooooooooooooh" throughout the entire broadcast? I heard it the entire game. I can't be the only one to notice it.

Sure it wasn't Oman ?

My wife heard it too. It was as if someone was too close to the broadcast booth and wouldn't shut up. I honestly thought the nfl or cbs would send someone to find the annoying bastard. Then again, maybe it was just crappy comcast.

For one, I'm not so sure it's all about the money, it's the NFL and they get what they want! lol

For two, have you ever heard of an athlete being offered 40 mil and holding out because they want 45 mil? There's never too much money when it comes to some of these athletes...just sayin'.

But you can live in la la land and pretend this is all on the up and up, nothing I can do or say to change yours or Law's or anyone else's mind.

Just saw the replay again where Cam went for the fumble, then backed up instead of diving for the ball...so obvious! :thumbsdown:

The fumble play was curious...

I was actually on the fence until that play, that pretty much made my decision that the "fix" was in. lol