Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Should Apple and other companies allow access to encrypted data?

And your being focking stupid for agreeing with this retardedness.

Both in the military and law enforcement I've sworn to protect the constitution and your rights. That some focksticks choose paths in life that cause them to have those rights set aside upon because they are harming others doesn't mean we still don't believe in yours.

Take your focking tinfoil hats off.

You should know I respect you personally.

That being said, you can't sit here and claim there aren't members of LE who wouldn't toss out the 4th and 5th in a heartbeat if they could.

His comment, and my agreement with him (to an extent) wasn't directed towards you, and those in LE like you who DO understand the importance of protecting the Constitution.

But I personally have spoken with, and even had LE officers in my carry classes who argued with me when I suggest to my students they should immediately retain a lawyer if they are ever involved in a shooting. His comment was literally "if you have nothing to hide, you don't need a lawyer, and there's no reason not to talk with the investigators".

That doesn't sound like someone who stands for the Constitution.

I realize you may have been offended by my stance, but you need to back off a bit, because I know not all LE feels the way you do.

They should try "password". If that doesn't work, try "password1234".

Osamaluv69

They, who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Ben Franklin

You should know I respect you personally.

That being said, you can't sit here and claim there aren't members of LE who wouldn't toss out the 4th and 5th in a heartbeat if they could.

His comment, and my agreement with him (to an extent) wasn't directed towards you, and those in LE like you who DO understand the importance of protecting the Constitution.

But I personally have spoken with, and even had LE officers in my carry classes who argued with me when I suggest to my students they should immediately retain a lawyer if they are ever involved in a shooting. His comment was literally "if you have nothing to hide, you don't need a lawyer, and there's no reason not to talk with the investigators".

That doesn't sound like someone who stands for the Constitution.

I realize you may have been offended by my stance, but you need to back off a bit, because I know not all LE feels the way you do.

Those sound like young cops that don't know wtf they are talking about. I've told all my friends, family, wife, etc... the first words out of your mouth if your questioned is "attorney". Strike was making a general blanket statement that we are all working to take away your rights. Thats horsesh!t man. Like everything else a small small percentage of bad apples does not make us all like that. If anything 95% of cops I know will stand lockstep with law abiding citizens to support gun rights.

Think of it this way man... "all concealed carry folks are closet homicidal maniacs just looking for a chance to shoot someone". Is that true? Of focking course not. Is there a guy or two out there that could be a true statement for? Maybe... doesn't make it some blanket truth man.

That carblanc statement of "If law enforcement had their way, no one could own guns and search warrants wouldn't be required. You can't listen to them when they talk about things that make their job harder, because many of the things they'd love to do away with are things we specifically put in the constitution to protect us. They're biased and protecting the constitution isn't in their job description."

Is actually pretty ignorant and offensive to even suggest.

Those same rights we supposedly want to do away with, are the same laws that protect US as citizens as well. Strikes been watching too much tv man. Don't fall for the "cops are the enemy" liberal agenda the thugslivesmatter generation is now thrusting into mainstream media/consciousness.

Those sound like young cops that don't know wtf they are talking about. I've told all my friends, family, wife, etc... the first words out of your mouth if your questioned is "attorney". Strike was making a general blanket statement that we are all working to take away your rights. Thats horsesh!t man. Like everything else a small small percentage of bad apples does not make us all like that. If anything 95% of cops I know will stand lockstep with law abiding citizens to support gun rights.

Think of it this way man... "all concealed carry folks are closet homicidal maniacs just looking for a chance to shoot someone". Is that true? Of focking course not. Is there a guy or two out there that could be a true statement for? Maybe... doesn't make it some blanket truth man.

That carblanc statement of "If law enforcement had their way, no one could own guns and search warrants wouldn't be required. You can't listen to them when they talk about things that make their job harder, because many of the things they'd love to do away with are things we specifically put in the constitution to protect us. They're biased and protecting the constitution isn't in their job description."

Is actually pretty ignorant and offensive to even suggest.

Those same rights we supposedly want to do away with, are the same laws that protect US as citizens as well. Strikes been watching too much tv man. Don't fall for the "cops are the enemy" liberal agenda the thugslivesmatter generation is now thrusting into mainstream media/consciousness.

Actually he is a Sgt at West St. Paul PD and has over 20yrs on the job.

I get what you're saying, and I don't want to argue with you over it.

I could also say I'm offended you want to blanket label me as falling into the BLM and MSM BS, which I most certainly do not subscribe.

However, I am not a ######, so I try to not get offended over stupid sh1t.

My point was there are LE out there who would gladly trample over one's constitutional rights if given the chance, and you cannot argue that.

I agree it was wrong for me to FAIL to specify I did not mean ALL LE.

That all being said, I didn't mean to upset ya brochacho.

:cheers:

Actually he is a Sgt at West St. Paul PD and has over 20yrs on the job.

I get what you're saying, and I don't want to argue with you over it.

I could also say I'm offended you want to blanket label me as falling into the BLM and MSM BS, which I most certainly do not subscribe.

However, I am not a ######, so I try to not get offended over stupid sh1t.

My point was there are LE out there who would gladly trample over one's constitutional rights if given the chance, and you cannot argue that.

I agree it was wrong for me to FAIL to specify I did not mean ALL LE.

That all being said, I didn't mean to upset ya brochacho.

:cheers:

Meh... not really upset. I was more aiming sh!t at Strike who doesn't know sh!t from shinola yet spouts rhetoric like it's fact.

We're good.

Trump has weighed in on this with typical clarity:

"Apple, they should give up, they should get the security or find other people, Trump said. We gotta get to the bottom of it, and youre not going to without common sense.

So he hates business and liberty for those keeping score at home

Trump has weighed in on this with typical clarity:

"Apple, they should give up, they should get the security or find other people, Trump said. We gotta get to the bottom of it, and youre not going to without common sense.

So he hates business and liberty for those keeping score at home

I've been saying that Trump's a very pragmatic man. He applies common sense solutions.

HOWEVER, the problem is he has ZERO regard for Constitutional rights.

IE...let's build a database for all the Syrians and force them to register.

Effective? Yup.

Legal? Probably not.

Huge civil rights violation? Yup.

I've been saying that Trump's a very pragmatic man. He applies common sense solutions.

HOWEVER, the problem is he has ZERO regard for Constitutional rights.

IE...let's build a database for all the Syrians and force them to register.

Effective? Yup.

Legal? Probably not.

Huge civil rights violation? Yup.

i think you mean having Muslims register would be unconstitutional, not Syrians.

They should give the phone to the NCIS team. Those f****** can do anything.

Abby :banana:

I've been saying that Trump's a very pragmatic man.

Gonna have to disagree with you. When you can't express yourself in coherent sentences, you forfeit any shot at leadership. Guy makes W sound like focking Einstein

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/san-bernardino-shooters-apple-id-passcode-changed-while-234003785--abc-news-topstories.html

The password for the San Bernardino shooter's iCloud account associated with his iPhone was reset hours after authorities took possession of the device.

The Justice Department acknowledged in its court filing that the password of Syed Farook's iCloud account had been reset. The filing states, "the owner [san Bernardino County Department of Public Health], in an attempt to gain access to some information in the hours after the attack, was able to reset the password remotely, but that had the effect of eliminating the possibility of an auto-backup."
Apple could have recovered information from the iPhone had the iCloud password not been reset, the company said. If the phone was taken to a location where it recognized the Wi-Fi network, such as the San Bernardino shooters' home, it could have been backed up to the cloud, Apple suggested.

:doh:

Someone stated on Fox News, soccer, today, That Apple should do this to eliminate terrorism in our country. Number one, we have no f****** idea what time is god damn phone. And number 2, does anybody Actually believe we would eliminate terrorism altogether By decrypting a single f****** phone? These are the same mouth breathers and many of them are on this board Who still believe That we made America safer by invading Iraq.If this board have s*** the bed so badly, I would love to resurrect some of those threads from the past.

Need I remind anyone of you f****** moves Then 9/11 occurred long before the god damn smart phone was invented? The Lockerbie bombing?The Lebanon Marine barracks bombing?

Number one, we have no f****** idea what time is god damn phone.

Ah.. yes.. same question I had... you fockin drunk motherfucker... :lol:

Ah.. yes.. same question I had... you fockin drunk motherfucker... :lol:

:overhead:

I don't get why the feds don't just stage another terrorist attack. Then they can solve it right quick and then manufacture evidence suggesting that if they had access to the phone, it would've been prevented. That's what W would've done. What's Barack waiting for?