Sign in to follow this  
gratefulted

2016 POST DRAFT SUPPLEMENTAL DISCUSSION

The Lack of trust in Hanley's health forced me to take 1B and I could put Hanley in the OF.

Was hard to pass up the obvious

good thing Paul Goldschmidt is still on the board! :clap:

• Like 1

Probably a surprising pick to a lot of you but I kind of felt the same way as Ted with Sandoval on my team. Don't trust him to bounce back enough to make it worth having him as my #1 3B. Plus my infield depth was weaker than my outfield.

Oh yeah...and I'm kind of banking on him continuing his crazy stats from last year...here's to hoping. If he doesn't I will be kicking myself for passing on some of these others ranked higher than him.

Arenado is a good pick. I was thinking he would be one of those available around my 10th pick.

The Lack of trust in Hanley's health forced me to take 1B and I could put Hanley in the OF.

Was hard to pass up the obvious

Congrats, and may Goldy bring you even half the joy that he brought his mom and me last year. :cry:

Quick Note for the newcomers: ANY Player who has not been drafted is eligible in this draft. It does not matter if they are playing for one of the teams represented in the league or not. For example, If I did not draft Matt Holliday in one of the rounds then he would be eligible for someone else to snipe from me.

• Like 1

Arenado is a good player at a position of need and far above any other available 3B left (many good-great OF left). Harper is ranked higher but Harper is also a bit of an enigma, lots of hype until last season. Im not saying Arenado is any more proven since hes not... just saying I wouldn't fault you for picking a position of need over the allure.

Gordon, Cain and Dyson just went to gordon, Cain harper.

Arenado is a good player at a position of need and far above any other available 3B left (many good-great OF left). Harper is ranked higher but Harper is also a bit of an enigma, lots of hype until last season. Im not saying Arenado is any more proven since hes not... just saying I wouldn't fault you for picking a position of need over the allure.

Thanks man. Just a little nervous about the pick I guess. Only time will tell though.

Even though I hate to do it, I had to go Chris sale, need starting pitching and the guy does get a lot of strikeouts and is durable..

Even though I hate to do it, I had to go Chris sale, need starting pitching and the guy does get a lot of strikeouts and is durable..

I don't think you will be disappointed.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

My brother is a huge white sox homer, so I have to hear it from him

• Like 1

Stoked that Cutch fell to me. My 3rd OF spot was rather pathetic. Trout/Cutch/Calhoun has a nice ring to it.

Stoked that Cutch fell to me. My 3rd OF spot was rather pathetic. Trout/Cutch/Calhoun has a nice ring to it.

I was

Goldie

Harper

Closer

Mc

Needed RP help more then OF.

That was an extremely tough decision. When this supplemental kicked off I was hoping Miggy would make it to me as he fits my offensive needs.

Then I decided to go in a different direction with the hope that someone like Joey Votto might make it back to me in round 2....

Then Mookz picked and flipped my plan back to Miggy.

Stay healthy bud.

That was an extremely tough decision. When this supplemental kicked off I was hoping Miggy would make it to me as he fits my offensive needs.

Then I decided to go in a different direction with the hope that someone like Joey Votto might make it back to me in round 2....

Then Mookz picked and flipped my plan back to Miggy.

Stay healthy bud.

Round two...wholly fock, did I take him that way too early? :( It came down to him, Miggy and one other guy, and I became enamored with his walks (something the O's don't do) and his consistency vs. Miggy's potential for injury/decline.

Round two...wholly fock, did I take him that way too early? :( It came down to him, Miggy and one other guy, and I became enamored with his walks (something the O's don't do) and his consistency vs. Miggy's potential for injury/decline.

I did think votto had a chance to come back to me in round 2. But this is a very deep supplemental and I'm sure everyone rankings look different. I preferred Miggy for his upside and the fact he has a stronger lineup around him. If both play a full season I would expect votto to win walk and steals but I'd expect Miggy to win runs rbi homers.. doubles wpild be close

I don't see any difference between them in terms of injury/decline. Votto was hurt in 2014 I think? And they are the same age

I also had Miguel above cutch and stanton.. partially due to wanting 1B more but same sort of logic applies. A healthy Cabrera should beat out cutch in all categories aside from steals.

This shook out weird for me on the 10th spot. Based off need I am not sure Fernandez was the right pick but when healthy he is a top 5 pitching talent and was too good to pass up.

I am open to moving Wainwright for a 2nd round supplemental if anyone is interested.

If anyone is interested, I would like to try move up in the second round a bit if possible.

Willing to trade Victor Martinez and 2nd round pick for higher pick...not just a couple spots though.

Maybe a SP like Peavy, Miley or Buchholz instead of V-Mart.

Let me know.

My picks won't happen until tomorrow by 7am Eastern. I'm heading to bed. Been sick all weekend.

There are a couple other players I'd rather have had, but when either Kris Medlen or Charlie Morton is my #2 starting pitcher, I had to go with need over want.

• Like 1

Sorry about the spelling. I was half asleep and let auto correct take over. Surprised I picked the right guys (well almost).

Both were in my top 4 at their position. The fact that I fit them on the turn is pretty exciting and leaves conceivably only one hole on my team and that's closers. If that equates to only missing on saves,then maybe I'll have a nice year.

Another catcher that plays everyday would be nice but I'm not reaching for that at this point either.

Was targeting Pollock, Marte and one other guy were coin flips once he was gone. Frazier was a definite need pick, we'll see if this Frazier/Marte combo is as effective as the Arenado/Braun pair I had last year.

Holy chit it is a long wait back to me.

• Like 1

I know Seager isn't a sexy pick but it really helps set up my team well while providing depth. Seager moves to 3rd and Matt Carpenter and his 44 doubles and 28 HR's moves to 2nd base where he is also eligible. I can use Wong at UT giving me good depth at the 2 positions I was lacking depth in with 3rd and 2nd.

I am interested in moving one of my starting pitchers for an upgrade at 1B. I have 8 starters on my roster: Fernandez, Wainwright, Leake, Wacha, Miller, Martinez, Kelly.

Strasburg was a beast at the end of last season. I was looking at Felix and him and 29 guests made my decision for me. more risk with strasburg but probably more upside. :dunno:

• Like 1

Ill trade you billy Butler for wainwright

Strasburg was a beast at the end of last season. I was looking at Felix and him and 29 guests made my decision for me. more risk with strasburg but probably more upside. :dunno:

If he actually goes six innings...

so does that mean i didn't fock up for once? :P

Holy chit it is a long wait back to me.

Sez you! :mad:

Sez you! :mad:

Yeah but you got Goldie :wave:

Had Posey on my no way missing out on him list :mad: two picks prior :(

Was very tempted to work a deal for Wainwright with lambert but since Blackmon fell so far I couldn't pass him up. He could drastically improve several categories for my OF this year. Great draft by everyone, it went so fast this year. Let the trading begin!

• Like 1

Only player not drafted who I thought would be was Braun.

I was SHOCKED Dozier never came off the board. I was looking at him hard in Round one. I thought Fernandez was too good of a value to pass up at 10 though. That created a situation where I needed depth at both 2B and 3B so I had to go with the 3B since Carpenter can fill in at both 2Nd and 3rd. Was really surprised he was taken. Too 3 second baseman in my opinion.