Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Alfred Morris Agrees to 2 Year deal with Dallas

I think it was a done deal last year when the Redskins drafted Matt Jones .

FF aside, I hope they sign him

they need someone more than dunbar and mcfadden. morris will be one of the better options at this point. i wonder why dallas isnt all over ridley who may come cheaper even and may be better.

Cowboys still shopping at Walmart.

Morris is a solid back. For his lack of physical ability he is very good vision and work ethic. He could be exactly what Dallas needs at RB without spending too much on a position that shouldnt be payed much (unless its a super star).

Morris is a solid back. For his lack of physical ability he is very good vision and work ethic. He could be exactly what Dallas needs at RB without spending too much on a position that shouldnt be payed much (unless its a super star).

Agreed. He would be a nice fit for Dallas at a good price. Would be utilized better than what he was in Washington. Much better line and a better passing attack to where defenses won't stack the box

Agreed. He would be a nice fit for Dallas at a good price. Would be utilized better than what he was in Washington. Much better line and a better passing attack to where defenses won't stack the box

The problem with the fit in Dallas is that the pass to the RB and we know Alf can't catch a football. It would create a horrible game flow RBBC.

Good fit gets my vote , don't see where there is a problem with this pickup for the Cowboys .

Good fit gets my vote , don't see where there is a problem with this pickup for the Cowboys .

no one is saying its a problem, but a few things to notice. he is still unsigned for a reason and he does have a very limited skill set. normally great rbs are still not left on the board 2 weeks into free agency. the cowboys still wont have a good rb or even one anyone wants. redskins passed him a side and he has only had some visits. stevan ridley is the exact same type of player.

no one is saying its a problem, but a few things to notice. he is still unsigned for a reason and he does have a very limited skill set. normally great rbs are still not left on the board 2 weeks into free agency. the cowboys still wont have a good rb or even one anyone wants. redskins passed him a side and he has only had some visits. stevan ridley is the exact same type of player.

I really thinks its amazing how highly Morris was thought of as early as last year, and now he is chop liver. I didnt like the guy at all when he came out. He proved me wrong and is much better than i thought he would be, but i do agree he still is no stud.

I really thinks its amazing how highly Morris was thought of as early as last year, and now he is chop liver. I didnt like the guy at all when he came out. He proved me wrong and is much better than i thought he would be, but i do agree he still is no stud.

this is nothing new to fantasy football people love eddie lacy heading into last year, now he is chop liver. jeremy hill was loved heading into last year, now he is chop liver. it happens, this is where owners take advantage at the draft.

this is nothing new to fantasy football people love eddie lacy heading into last year, now he is chop liver. jeremy hill was loved heading into last year, now he is chop liver. it happens, this is where owners take advantage at the draft.

You're being waaaay to harsh on chopped liver. Some consider it a delicacy. Eddie Lacy actually ate too much chopped liver and became chopped liver. The old saying, "you are what you eat", still holds true.

I mean more actual NFL value than fantasy. Lacy is still seen as a good back but he just put on too much weight.

I think Dallas is waiting on Arian Foster.

Alfred Morris got lucky having a running QB next to him. Ever since that gravy train ended he has been thoroughly pedestrian

• Like 1

Alfred Morris got lucky having a running QB next to him. Ever since that gravy train ended he has been thoroughly pedestrian

this is a very good point. i like alfred but he doesnt catch passes not that he isnt able to he just doesnt. he is a good downhill rb and will work well in dallas but i do not believe dallas will have a guy who totes it 250 times to have major value without getting catches.

For me if he works well with the Cowboys than he would be a good pick up . He is no ppr guy .

But in non ppr I would like him as a number two rb.

Cowboys still shopping at Walmart.

Only 3 guys rushed for more yards that DMC last year - in the entire league... And that's with 12 games started by trash back up qbs, back up qb s who went 1-11.. RB was not the reason this team sucked last year... I by no means expect DMC to stay healthy for another entire year, but I'm also glad we didn't panic and overpay for the position this offseason.

• Like 1

What is the point of anything the Cowboys do if they don't get a decent back up QB? I can't believe the fans aren't screaming about that.

What is the point of anything the Cowboys do if they don't get a decent back up QB? I can't believe the fans aren't screaming about that.

Bcoz even with a decent back up qb - you aren't going anywhere. And that's not a problem exclusive to this Cowboys team, it's league wide... Oh sure you can monkey around and maybe win a crap ass division. But chances are this division isn't going to suck as bad as last year and chances are, even if you squeak out a title - you are 1 and done in the postseason... Like every other year in recent memory, this season lives and dies with Romo's health... He stays well, we have a chance to be pretty good.. He goes down, we're going to struggle - good back up or not... And, and, bcoz of Romo's deal and his cap implications - we will find ourselves in this very spot for at least the next 2 seasons.

Bcoz even with a decent back up qb - you aren't going anywhere. And that's not a problem exclusive to this Cowboys team, it's league wide... Oh sure you can monkey around and maybe win a crap ass division. But chances are this division isn't going to suck as bad as last year and chances are, even if you squeak out a title - you are 1 and done in the postseason... Like every other year in recent memory, this season lives and dies with Romo's health... He stays well, we have a chance to be pretty good.. He goes down, we're going to struggle - good back up or not... And, and, bcoz of Romo's deal and his cap implications - we will find ourselves in this very spot for at least the next 2 seasons.

I guess if it's super bowl or bust. I just think the Cowboys are a talented team, and if Romo misses just a few games or more it would be a good idea to have someone who can hold the fort, which they don't have now.

Most teams can't get a decent starting QB. You expect the Cowboys to waive their magic wand and come up with a SECOND one? :doh:

Most teams can't get a decent starting QB. You expect the Cowboys to waive their magic wand and come up with a SECOND one? :doh:

They have the 4th pick in the draft.

They are also binded to Tony Romo for at least two seasons. When you have a top-ten pick, and particularly a top-five pick, you don't draft them to sit for two years. They should play day one. That was a luxury that the Packers had with Rodgers due in part to how far he slipped in the draft. You take Goff or Wentz at four, and you're essentially telling Romo he's in a QB competition.

The Cowboys would benefit far more by drafting an elite defensive player and a QB later in the draft than to take a backup QB and then be sifting through the rubble to find much needed defensive help.

Think they should take a look at a Qb .

Because that's a sure thing? There are like 10 good QBs in the whole damn league

I'm what is a sure thing ?

Alf Morris is really a JAG. One dimensional. Not really surprising that he is without a job with Gruden's system in Washington. This is the reason I drafted Matt Jones in dynasty last year where I could. A more complete back who is not only a better fit for the scheme but more talented overall. Will he be a star? not sure but the writing was on the wall as Morris was entering his last season and the chances of Washington resigning him were slim.

He should probably latch on somewhere but i'm not sure Dallas is the place. Honestly, before trading for Murray, I would have said Tennessee might have been a decent fit.

Think they should take a look at a Qb .

Agreed but not in the 1st, too many other needs imo. They're trying to win NOW

Think Dallas is a perfect landing spot for Morris .

because this team is not strong enough to get to the super bowl with a backup QB. they just don't have the pieces in place to do so. if they had a power run game and defense that could threaten an opponent even in the absence of romo, then the emphasis would shift to a QB2. but a backup QB requires substantial help from the team structure, and DAL doesn't have that to give. DMC ran well last season, but the run game as a whole couldn't really threaten anyone--run over anyone. defenses could sit back and play "bend but don't break" until the field compressed and the drive fizzled. nor could the DAL defense get pressure or takeaways to help the QBs. without help, it doesn't really matter who plays backup QB.

if the ballclub thinks goff or wentz is an eventual franchise guy, then it makes sense to grab one of them. but otherwise, the team lives and dies with romo, so it's better to focus on his supporting cast rather than his possible injury replacement.

because this team is not strong enough to get to the super bowl with a backup QB. they just don't have the pieces in place to do so. if they had a power run game and defense that could threaten an opponent even in the absence of romo, then the emphasis would shift to a QB2. but a backup QB requires substantial help from the team structure, and DAL doesn't have that to give. DMC ran well last season, but the run game as a whole couldn't really threaten anyone--run over anyone. defenses could sit back and play "bend but don't break" until the field compressed and the drive fizzled. nor could the DAL defense get pressure or takeaways to help the QBs. without help, it doesn't really matter who plays backup QB.

if the ballclub thinks goff or wentz is an eventual franchise guy, then it makes sense to grab one of them. but otherwise, the team lives and dies with romo, so it's better to focus on his supporting cast rather than his possible injury replacement.

And what if Romo is out for only 4-5-6 games ? Screw it, season over?

And what if Romo is out for only 4-5-6 games ? Screw it, season over?

if they can't deal with a 1-3 streak in a horrendously bad NFC east, they aren't strong enough to get to the super bowl anyway.

to put it another way, the cowboys are like an army tank with crappy armor, iffy mobility, and a fantastic but fragile gun. as long as the gun is operational, the tank stands a good chance of winning the fight. if the gun breaks down, the tank is probably going to get killed. so you have the choice between spending your money on upgrading the backup gun (which probably won't save the tank anyway due to the other crappy parts), or upgrading your armor and engine (which might save the tank long enough to fix the main gun). the latter option also makes your team much more likely to win if the main gun doesn't go down.

There isn't a single team in the current day NFL that is going to win the Super Bowl with a backup quarterback. Not one.

Is don't think the Cowboys are strong enough to get to the Super Bowl , I would look at a Qb in this draft .

Schefter reporting on twitter that Alf is signing with the boys. ZBS should work well for him. Glad to see him land softly.