Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Game of Thrones Season 6: Trailer #2

Again, if you're not a patient person, this really isn't the show for you. We are not going to see Dany sail for Westeros this season. We might see the Night's King and the army of the dead reach the wall....MAYBE. The show and the books are more about the journey than the destination.

I am a patient person but it is impossible to see how they wrap all this up in another season or two.

I am a patient person but it is impossible to see how they wrap all this up in another season or two.

They wrap it up by killing everyone that matters.

They wrap it up using bran!

CleganeBowl

Has the Hound found religion? Do "The Gods Have a Plan" for him as Priest Swearengen suggested? The Faith Militant could use a fella' like The Hound... and it just so happens that a Trial By Combat is looming... hmmmmm.

Now that the Hound is a "good guy" though, we'll have to spend another 4 seasons watching him get the other side of his face burnt off... and somehow, he just won't be a great of a warrior anymore.... maybe some paralysis to go along with the burns?

The hound has felt.like a good guy for the past 3 seasons or so. Well the ones he was in. Helping sansa, helping Arya even though he claimed it was for the reward it felt like he was trending to a caring good guy

• Like 1

I wonder what Hillary Clinton was like when she was nine.

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed how long it will be, but I reckon it will take another 4+ seasons. There are two more books. It took 6 seasons to get into the next book(WOW, release date TBA) but we still have story-lines lingering from the first 5 books.

WOW is going to be 1500+ pages, probably the longest book, probably a solid 2 seasons of show-material. Then A Dream of Spring probably about the same. I'd say GOT will be 10-11 seasons, and I'm guessing then we will still be waiting for the last book to be released, which my actually be nice.

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed how long it will be, but I reckon it will take another 4+ seasons. There are two more books. It took 6 seasons to get into the next book(WOW, release date TBA) but we still have story-lines lingering from the first 5 books.

WOW is going to be 1500+ pages, probably the longest book, probably a solid 2 seasons of show-material. Then A Dream of Spring probably about the same. I'd say GOT will be 10-11 seasons, and I'm guessing then we will still be waiting for the last book to be released, which my actually be nice.

there is no way in hell that old guy is finishing 1 more book let alone 2. He will continue to give them "guidelines" and they will wrap this up in a split season (like all series that die) 6 or 7 episode season 7 and 6 or 7 episode season 8, with a few months between. (maybe i read this as speculation somewhere but I can buy it.

it would only gives them 16, 17 episodes to wrap everything up... which is.... daunting.

Another game of build ups episode. Didn't even get Dany or Dinklage. It's funny, it must take about 30min a week to film for each actor since they get only a few scenes and a handful of lines. Gotta be the easiest gig in tv at this point for the money. "Peter you have 6 lines and you are on screen for 3 min, get to work.".

Also I'm sorry but no way does Arya survive getting shanked like that from a trained assassin. She gets multiple stabs in her vital organs, jumps over the bridge and pulls herself out and walks away. No chance.

they will wrap this up in a split season (like all series that die) 6 or 7 episode season 7 and 6 or 7 episode season 8, with a few months between. (maybe i read this as speculation somewhere but I can buy it.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

In an exclusive interview with Variety, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said they are weighing wrapping up the Emmy-winning saga of Westeros and the battle for the Iron Throne with just 13 more episodes once this sixth season is over: seven episodes for season 7; six for the eighth and potential final season.

“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We’re heading into the final lap,” said Benioff. “That’s the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that’s what we’re looking at.”

Sources later clarified those exact numbers were premature, given that the showrunners are now just beginning to outline their plans, but said that any upcoming seasons may be shorter than the full 10 episodes of seasons past.

what's up with the note (rose?) marg slipped nana

what's up with the note (rose?) marg slipped nana

Letting her know that she's playing them.

• Like 1

I caught that, was just wondering what it signified

and doing it in a way that won't totally incriminate her if the note is found.

Margarey is playing the Game of Thrones better than anyone right now.

The Rose is House Tyrrel's symbol - that's the significance.

Marjory is playing it well, and Sansa is following in Robb's footsteps.

Marjory is playing it well, and Sansa is following in Robb's footsteps.

:thumbsup:

yup.

whomever she is sending that note to (Littlefinger?) - the recipient has all the power to decide Sansa's fate.

yup.

whomever she is sending that note to (Littlefinger?) - the recipient has all the power to decide Sansa's fate.

Somebody inthe Tyrell side is going down. That's when we have our war, and the Boltons either join in or are left on their own, strengthening Jon and the Starks, unless Sansa screws it up. You have to think that Ramsey and Sansa have a moment, but who knows what will happen, some betrayal at the last minute.

she drew a near perfect rose on a ripped piece of robe and a piece of rock?

you know the whole Reek thing is stupid. Dude had his cack lopped off, he still gets "the feelings" and can enjoy it without getting off. He's not a eunuch for christ sakes!!!

:first:

I giggled

I was rather disappointed that they made Yara a lesbian. She is a rational strong intelligent woman. Kinda whack that those traits can only be seen in a lesbian. All the other women tend to be scheming manipulators or magical rather than true fighters.

I was rather disappointed that they made Yara a lesbian. She is a rational strong intelligent woman. Kinda whack that those traits can only be seen in a lesbian. All the other women tend to be scheming manipulators or magical rather than true fighters.

I dont find it odd that manly qualities are attached to manly women. But I know what you are saying. Its just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I dont find it odd that manly qualities are attached to manly women. But I know what you are saying. Its just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

But those aren't manly qualities! Being a smart leader isn't manly. Is it?

But those aren't manly qualities! Being a smart leader isn't manly. Is it?

People usually only call a woman smart if she is manipulative. They only call them strong if they are bitchy. A leader? Bossy. Its the double standard of the country.

People usually only call a woman smart if she is manipulative. They only call them strong if they are bitchy. A leader? Bossy. Its the double standard of the country.

:unsure:

When Littlefinger presents the hawk to the kid ruler of the Erie, he says, "come and see" which is also the repeated phrase in the taunting letter from Bolton than Jon reads at the Wall to prod Jon into attacking Bolton. I think that was inserted intentionally by the writers as a clue that the letter didn't actually come from Bolton, he'sbeing set up. Littlefinger is on record as wanting Stannis to attack Winterfell, it looks like more of the same puppetry manipulation.

The Bran flashes show the wildfire in King's Landing exploding. Since that's not from the past that will happen in the future and Kings Landing will eventually go the way of Harrenhall. Probably Cersei on the brink of a mental breakdown says "fock it all" and blows the place up to end season six. She's already got Jamie out of the capitol, if she can get Tommin out or if he dies or if she's found guilty it all goes away. A backup explanation for the visions is, maybe sometime in the deep future, the whitewalkers will rampage KL in an attempt to turn the place into Zombieville and this wildfire explosion is a last ditch effort by the humans to inflict maximum damage on them but I like Cersei doing it soon. Also, Sander is now on a mission from god. I do like the idea of the Clegane brothers battling each other in the trial by combat to judge Cersei's guilt/innocence (New and improved heterosexual Loras would be another option to fight the Mountain in a rematch of their joust). Before KL blows up, one of Kalissee's dragons will have to pay a visit. The widlfire explosion could also be triggered then.

Jon has Jorah's sword and now his niece. Jorah has said kind words regarding Ned Stark's decision to exile rather than execute him for selling those poachers into slavery. We'll see how that plays out. I've no idea. I don't know how the Kalissee/Jon interaction will play out, but if it's hostile or if Jorah goes full batsh*t crazy due to his plague, I still see Jorah dying by his own sword..

Two different Red Women are now proclaiming both Jon and Kalissee as the Promised One. They can be wrong, as Stannis was the Promised One and he went nowhere with it. I've thought since season one episode one that the story would boil down to them. Although the red woman in Vereen has had one scene, she's used it to already cow Varys and Tyrion.

I wonder if Bran's mark means the Whitewalkers will always be able to track him and so now he has to be on the run from them forever or if that was a one time only deal in leading them to the cave.

The Small Council needs more bodies, maybe we'll see the High Sparrow take over the meetings soon. He'd also make for an inspired choice as Hand of the King. Now, Margery is pretty talented but trapped in a box. Her grandma is hugely talented, wants to help, and could be a huge asset to help her get her groove back so I wondered why it was that Margery wanted grandma to leave the capital. I figure since Loras is broken, if Margery knew that he knew that it was grandma who killed Joffrey, then she would figure the High Sparrow knows it too and Margery needs grandma to get out of town ASAP to keep her out of the Sparrow's dungeon.

I think Blackfish is ready to crush the Lannisters/Frey alliance. Who he'll lose to is Littlefinger who's on the march. Littlefinger has Erie and Harrenhall. If he can KO the Tulleys, he can stir sh*t in the north and he'll be really set up well. LIke I said, I think he wrote the letter to Jon, so I suspect he's cut a deal with Umber to turn over Rikkon to Ramsey but that Umber will betray Ramsey. That's what he was doing way up north before talking to Sansa in Mole's Town... striking a deal with Umber. That would also explain why Umber would turn over Rikkon to Ramsey but didn't want to bend the knee.

Loras has been in jail for how long? How can he possibly be in any shape to fight the mountain?

Loras has been in jail for how long? How can he possibly be in any shape to fight the mountain?

I threw his name out because he's available. If you'll notice, the Sparrow has a shortage of top shelf candidates to work with. The septa armed with the wood spoon and a vocabulary exactly two words larger than Zombie Mountain's ("Confess!" and "Shame!") rounds out his top three.

I think Brianne becomes a big part of all this. Her lineage is rarely discussed, and she's been in the middle of all these houses for a while now.

I think Brianne becomes a big part of all this. Her lineage is rarely discussed, and she's been in the middle of all these houses for a while now.

Brienne is the sole surviving child and heir of Lord Selwyn Tarth of Evenfall Hall, on the island of Tarth, located in the Narrow Sea off the coast of the Stormlands. She is unusually tall and muscular for a woman by Westerosi standards and developed a taste for martial activity as a child, this is most likely due to her ancestor Ser Duncan the Tall. Brienne has grown up to become skilled at arms and dreams of becoming a knight.
Brienne's mother died when she was so young that she doesn't remember her. She had some siblings but they all died in childhood. As the sole heir of House Tarth, she posed a fairly promising marriage prospect for men from other noble Houses, but due to her physicality and personality has never seriously pursued a marriage alliance with another House.
She is also called The Maid of Tarth, or, disparagingly, Brienne the Beauty, due to her appearance.

this show could truly go on forever

\\

The Bran flashes show the wildfire in King's Landing exploding. Since that's not from the past that will happen in the future and Kings Landing will eventually go the way of Harrenhall. Probably Cersei on the brink of a mental breakdown says "fock it all" and blows the place up to end season six. She's already got Jamie out of the capitol, if she can get Tommin out or if he dies or if she's found guilty it all goes away. A backup explanation for the visions is, maybe sometime in the deep future, the whitewalkers will rampage KL in an attempt to turn the place into Zombieville and this wildfire explosion is a last ditch effort by the humans to inflict maximum damage on them but I like Cersei doing it soon. Also, Sander is now on a mission from god. I do like the idea of the Clegane brothers battling each other in the trial by combat to judge Cersei's guilt/innocence (New and improved heterosexual Loras would be another option to fight the Mountain in a rematch of their joust). Before KL blows up, one of Kalissee's dragons will have to pay a visit. The widlfire explosion could also be triggered then.

At least a good chunk of the vision from the past. King Aerys II Targaryen, otherwise knows as "The Mad King" would burn people, homes, and villages to the ground with wildfire. What ultimately ended the war of Robert's Rebellion was, who else, Tywin Lannister betraying the King and and sacking King's Landing with his vast army. As the city was being sacked, The Mad King ordered that the city, and everyone in it, to be burned to the ground with his vast stores of wildfire. He kept saying "Burn them all!" over and over again for hours. Of course, as we know, Jaime Lannister put an end to this and the king.

I think wildfire and the Mad King saying "burn them all!" was just a metaphor of sorts shown to Bran. He needs those dragons. He needs to burn the Army of the Dead. However, we have seen other visions, namely from Dany, that show the Red Keep in ruins. So you could easily be right.

My theory is that no one will end up sitting the Iron Throne, I think the whole of Westeros is detroyed and Kings Landing with it.

Watch out for Greyscale. I think Westeros is destroyed by war, ending with the defeat of the Night's King and his army of wights by Dany's army and dragons, who arrive in time to save humanity, but too late to save most of Westeros and King's Landing. Dorne will probably be okay. Over in Essos, I think Greyscale will run amok and end up killing most people, but also creating a population of those rabid creatures we saw in the ruins of Valyria. Greyscale will most definitely play a huge role in the coming episodes/seasons/books.

Basically Dany does end up ruling Westeros, but it's just a land of ash now. "He would see this country burned to the ground if he could be king of the ashes". Maybe Little Finger does end up ruling for a time.

I find it curious that Jaime is looked down upon and ridiculed for killing the mad King. Even Ned Stark gave him grief. Is Martin making a bigger point with this? I could see the hatred for the Lannisters being a reason people might grasp at is a put down, seeing as he took an oath, but didn't he serve the greater good? You would think a guy like Ned Stark would get that.

The Starks are having a mini-resurgence but they were essentially wiped out. Barathians and Martels are wiped out, the Lannisters are soon to follow with Tywin already dead things are falling apart with Cersei, Jamie and Tommin are soon to follow. We still have the battles at Riverrun and soon likely Winterfell too but after that, you get the feeling that things are winding down. They'll wrap this stuff up in the next three episodes of the season and leave the whole thing a massive power vacuum - all that's left are Littlefinger, Euron Lovejoy, Margery, and the Sparrows (and the last two may be on the outs as well if Cersei blows up Kings Landing like I think she does).

Wrap that up and clear the slate by the time season six ends. I don't know about episodes eight and nine but in ten, King's Landing goes boom and probably both Calissee and the White Walkers show up simultaneously (or else maybe the walkers get a nice juicy headstart as Calissee gets bogged down with more endless ironing out of local Slavers Bay bullsh*t delaying her return to midway through season seven). Although Calissee will have the best of intentions, it's pretty clear both the Dothrake hoard and the dragons aren't going to behave properly.

Season seven is utter chaos everywhere with a small band of Starks vs Littlefinger vs White Walkers vs Calessee.

Martels are wiped out? Nah, they just have new Management. They haven't even really entered the Game, yet.

I've always enjoyed watching the battle between Varys and Littlefinger, personally. They're really the ones pulling all the strings in this conflict.

Brianne's love life may finally get a spark since Tormund has a crush on her. I seem to recall a story he was telling about f*cking a bear so we're seeing again how he has an unusual fetish for people/animals with really large bodies. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword when she caught him gawking at her, but I've a feeling Tormund also likes it rough and this won't deter him.

Now, here's a long shot to think about too: Remember, when he was discussing with Bronn in Dorne how he wanted to die Jaime said he wants "to die in the arms of the woman he loves". We all assume that means Cersei, probably so, but it was left open ended and unnamed and so there's a non-zero chance that he meant Brianne. If so, we could be in store for a Ygrette/Jon type death scene as soon as this next episode as they're going to be on opposite sides of this upcoming fight.

What's also nice about Jamie dying is it'd also provide more ammunition to trigger Cersei's possible upcoming mental breakdown to destroy the city. Bran envisioned the wildfire under King's landing exploding, that's either triggered by a depressed Cersei or desperation white walker defense. Cersei has been publicly ridiculed and humiliated and is now losing Tommin to Margery and the Sparrow, if Jamie goes she has nothing left to live for. I think before Cersei loses all control she'll clense the world of all the a$$holes who hate her so much as a going away present.

I asked before why jamie is treated so bad for killing the mad King. Any thoughts on that? Is it just because he's a Lannister and hated for that? He did do a public service and saved the place.

I asked before why jamie is treated so bad for killing the mad King. Any thoughts on that? Is it just because he's a Lannister and hated for that? He did do a public service and saved the place.

Not everyone hates him. Robert didn't mind, even though he'd just killed the last guy he swore to protect, Robert pardoned him and kept him on in his same position as King's Guard to protect himself.

He'd followed many dubiously ethical orders, stood by as other atrocities occurred, why was this the one that snapped his loyalty? Maybe because the act could be seen as self serving as he may not have done it to save the people so much as he did it to save the Lannister army. Further, I'm not sure people know the reason he killed the Mad King. It may not be common knowledge. He told the story to Brianne in the the hot tub becasue he's come to like/respect her and opened up and also because he assumed like everyone else, she didn't know it.

It's also a plot device. The first thing we know about him is he's banging the queen on the sly and pushes a small kid out of a window. Jamie starts the story in Season one episode one as a pretentious a$$hole and the main bad guy to root against. Then over the course of the series we build sympathy for him. Robert makes him stand outside while he's cheating on his sister with the whores. He comes back to rescue Brianne, he goes off to rescue his daughter, he frees Tyrian. Now we've come all the way around, his reputation is rehabilitated, and we like him.

Not everyone hates him. Robert didn't mind, even though he'd just killed the last guy he swore to protect, Robert pardoned him and kept him on in his same position as King's Guard to protect himself.

and he focked Robert's queen, his own sister. knocking her up 3 times!

:first: