Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

weather people suck

I know this is an old man's rant, And I'll just acknowledge that from the get-go. But, about 2 weeks ago , We had a major blizzard that the weather people completely missed Predicting. So, This time, They predicted a major storm, they had video of people just ransacking grocery stores 800 + flights were cancelled at the airport, They were predicting over a foot of snow in the city and 4 feet of snow in the mountains, Yada yada yada.

Natives here know the cycle, They missed one so they over predict the next one. And, sure enough I wake up To work and be generously described as A dusting of snow.

I swear to God, in my next life, I'm going to be A so-called meteorologist.

You should go downtown and find a corner and yell this stuff. The fresh air will do you good.

• Like 1

I know this is an old man's rant, And I'll just acknowledge that from the get-go. But, about 2 weeks ago , We had a major blizzard that the weather people completely missed Predicting. So, This time, They predicted a major storm, they had video of people just ransacking grocery stores 800 + flights were cancelled at the airport, They were predicting over a foot of snow in the city and 4 feet of snow in the mountains, Yada yada yada.

Natives here know the cycle, They missed one so they over predict the next one. And, sure enough I wake up To work and be generously described as A dusting of snow.

I swear to God, in my next life, I'm going to be A so-called meteorologist.

Uh......It ain't over yet. I'm about to get dressed to go wipe off the dish to get signal back. Let's revisit this same time tomorrow, umkay?

Uh......It ain't over yet. I'm about to get dressed to go wipe off the dish to get signal back. Let's revisit this same time tomorrow, umkay?

What part of town are you in? I'm in Westminster.

What part of town are you in? I'm in Westminster.

Littleton.

It must suck being right the vast majority of the time only to have every old man when you don't exactly predict the future 100% of the time.

It must suck being right the vast majority of the time only to have every old man ###### when you don't exactly predict the future 100% of the time.

If they were right half the time, I think most of us would be over-the-top happy. For most of us professionals Or otherwise, if we were wrong half the time, we would be fired. I would be fired if I was wrong 2% of the time.These clowns called for a foot-and-a-half of snow by now, I'm staring at black pavement As we speak.

Jesus,We were the lead story on ABC News just now. Big Red Letters saying snow Danger!

Just finished cleaning off the Dish for the 2nd time today so I could watch the Celtics/Hawks game in HD. Yeah, the street isn't covered in snow but that's just because of how warm it's been recently. The lawn is covered both front and back and it's still coming down at a pretty good clip. Not a blizzard by any means but I wouldn't say the weather people were totally wrong either.

If they were right half the time, I think most of us would be over-the-top happy. For most of us professionals Or otherwise, if we were wrong half the time, we would be fired. I would be fired if I was wrong 2% of the time.These clowns called for a foot-and-a-half of snow by now, I'm staring at black pavement As we speak.

Don't be an idiot. When they call for sunny skies and a high of 77 and it's sunny and 75 you're not on here bitching. You probably think if coach put you in during the 4th quarter you'd be state champs. No doubt about it huh?

Littleton.

do the Crouches still own the subaru dealership there?

Don't be an idiot. When they call for sunny skies and a high of 77 and it's sunny and 75 you're not on here bitching. You probably think if coach put you in during the 4th quarter you'd be state champs. No doubt about it huh?

They don't cancel 800 flights Because of the 2-degree difference.

The newest high-resolution numeric weather models are about 90-95% accurate out to about 36 hours. The problem is meteorologists tend to become too confident in the newest "super-high res so it can never be wrong" model and don't analyze the output as much as they should or look at other models, which may point out something off with the latest high-res model's data or output.

However, as computing power increases, the forecasts will become more and more accurate. The more data and calculations you can cram into a model, the more accurate it will be. In theory, we can get nearly 100% accurate models if we have unlimited computing power. That is why the most powerful super-computers in the world are used for weather forecasting.

Obviously we are still a ways from every old man in the country killing themselves because they will have nothing to complain about.

yesterdays forecast called for mid 70's and sunny today. 100% correct.

what if they predicted no storm and it actually happened.

800 flights of dead people would be worse than a peeved wiff.

• Like 1

Yes, because We all know that All modern Air flight systems Have no ability to fly In the snow.

Jesus. How f****** stupid can you be?

If I want to know the weather, I'll stick my head out the window. :dunno:

There's a guy in the next yard listening to news radio, and they do the forecast like every 10 minutes. :thumbsup:

My parents live in south Denver(Parker), and they got 18 inches of snow. Seems like the weatherman did a pretty good job.

Wiff,

Saw an article that showed how much snow different areas of Denver got. Littleton got 20 inches but Westminster was about half of that. So you just happened to be in an area not hit as hard as a lot of other areas. Also didn't stick much due to the recent warm weather. But overall, weatherpeople seemed to do a decent job with this storm.

If I want to know the weather, I'll stick my head out the window. :dunno:

Pipe down, chorus boy.

Wouldn't they "blow" instead of "suck"? :dunno:

Another day and another spot on forecast.

Damn, they correctly foretasted every day since I started keeping track. It's almost like wiff is an idiot, but that can't be right, can it?

Damn, they correctly foretasted every day since I started keeping track. It's almost like wiff is an idiot, but that can't be right, can it?

Your forecast is accurate

I just direct message Burt when I have a question, he knows what's up

Really? Because how did today's rain and snow storm work out for you? I swear to God some of the f****** women on this board get butt hurt in an entirely different thread and decide to be enemies Just for the sake of their own Pride.