2016 - 1.02

2017 - 4th round pick

Cleveland gets:

2016 - 1.08

2016 - 3.14

2016 - 4.02

2017 - 1st round pick

2018 - 2nd round pick

Seems like a hefty price to pay to move up 6 spots but if the QB pans out, it will be worth it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/eagles-trade-for-no-2-overall-pick-in-2016-nfl-draft/

The team announced they had traded with the Browns for the second overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, guaranteeing them a shot at either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, depending on who the Rams want at No. 1.

The Eagles will give up their first-round pick (eighth overall), their third (77th) and fourth (100th), along with their 2017 first-rounder and their 2018 second-rounder. They will get the Browns’ fourth-rounder this year as well as the second pick.

wow, another crazy trade.

Cant say I blame the browns. it was a pretty good offer. and they get a first and second in 2017 just to move down 6 slots in the draft.

I'd say that's a pretty good return.

That's almost as bad as the Titans/Rams deal.

Good job Cleveland. Let's see if they can capitalize on it.

It's been a long time since the Schottenheimer, Kosar, Eric Metcalf, and Kevin Mack days. And even longer for the Jim Brown era. I hope they don't screw it up.

How 'bout the Browns taking hometown Zeke at 8, presuming the Eagles didn't jump ahead of the Cowboys to take Zeke themselves??? Good haul for the Brownies!

How 'bout the Browns taking hometown Zeke at 8, presuming the Eagles didn't jump ahead of the Cowboys to take Zeke themselves??? Good haul for the Brownies!

Well time to reset all of those mock drafts again. :lol:

That would be truely horrific on the pidgeons part. At least if it's for a QB, it can be somewhat understandable.

I said it after the Bradford signing: That contract is absolutely genius by the Eagles FO. Such a trade-friendly deal it's not even funny. And his 2017 numbers are going to expedite his departure from the team. He'll be gone shortly after June 1st.

That would be truely horrific on the pidgeons part. At least if it's for a QB, it can be somewhat understandable.

Agreed, heavy price for a RB and not likely the Eagles target, but nothing surprises me anymore. Now watch the Rams take Wentz instead of Goff and screw the Eagles anyway lol.

I thought about this too. The Eagles gave $26 million to Bradford guaranteed for two years, and signed Chase Daniel as a high-priced backup. Maybe the cover Elliott so much they want to leap the Cowboys to make sure they get their man? Perhaps, but that's an incredibly steep price to pay for an RB.

Eagles crack me up. Pay 2 bum qbs too much, then trade your draft to move into position to take another qb.

Eagles Executive VP of Football Operations, Howie Roseman, says that Sam Bradford will be the starter.

Sounds like Wentz/Goff will be sitting in year one.

I liked the Rams deal they really needed to make that move even if they had to give up so much .

This deal I don't really understand .

Poor Eagle fans at this pace they will never win the super bowl time is running out the NFL won't be around much longer if they keep missing around the the game .

Very good move for the Browns and for the Titans so far this offseason .

Eagles Executive VP of Football Operations, Howie Roseman, says that Sam Bradford will be the starter.

Sounds like Wentz/Goff will be sitting in year one.

This makes sense.

There were a fair number of scouting reports that said both QB's should be good pros, but ideally, they would need to sit for a year before they would be ready to start. (to paraphrase)

so if this is the plan, its reasonably well thought out.

and maybe one of the QB's they have on contract will be traded to a QB needy team to get back a draft pick they now sorely need.

This makes sense.

There were a fair number of scouting reports that said both QB's should be good pros, but ideally, they would need to sit for a year before they would be ready to start. (to paraphrase)

so if this is the plan, its reasonably well thought out.

and maybe one of the QB's they have on contract will be traded to a QB needy team to get back a draft pick they now sorely need.

Sam Bradford to the Jets for Muhammed Wilkerson straight up?

Eagles crack me up. Pay 2 bum qbs too much, then trade your draft to move into position to take another qb.

Yeah wtf is up with the Chase Daniels signing? Horrible.

Oh and my two pennies is that the Browns wanted Goff, but now that the Rams traded up and it sounds like their top guy is Goff the Browns wanted out. They obviously do not like one of the two qbs, my guess is its Wentz that they dont want.

Oh and my two pennies is that the Browns wanted Goff, but now that the Rams traded up and it sounds like their top guy is Goff the Browns wanted out. They obviously do not like one of the two qbs, my guess is its Wentz that they dont want.

Kind of funny ain't it. NFL Franchises are just like us fantasy guys in a way.

The Browns presumably love Goff and don't think too highly of Wentz. Then we got the Eagles, and they presumably love Wentz, he's their top rated QB.

Wow - but not a total shock, I said they might make a move after the Rams deal went down.

Yes the Birds get their qb, but like the Rams - think they gave up way too much. Certainly for a guy who I think really isn't any better than a few others in this draft... I think it helps the division as a whole - and I think it makes it more likely Dallas either takes Ramsey now, or moves down.

As an Eagles fan I really do not like this move. We have needs at RB, WR and along the OL, not to mention depth all over the D. Giving up this much really hurts the team's ability to address those needs in the short-term. I think the team is just infatuated with Carson Wentz. At least of him and Goff, I'd prefer Wentz since I know the physical tools are there, particularly arm strength. The other small plus is that at least he can red shirt for a year instead of being forced into action. I'm assuming this means Bradford gets dealt to a QB desperate team.

If they were going to move up I'd have much rather given up less to get to the 4-6 range and target Ramsey or Tunesil. Either that or just stand pat and take Zeke or Staley.

I really hope I'm proven wrong but this looks bad.

Makes no sense to have Wentz, Bradford, and Daniel. Surely, they're looking to trade Bradford now...

Eagles sit Wentz for 2016 (3rd QB). Bradford starts for 2016 and then gets traded. Daniel teaches the kid in 2016 and is there in case Bradford falters/gets hurt. Wentz/Daniel for 2017. If Wentz pans out as a franchise QB (has all the tools/athleticism), it's a great move.

Makes no sense to have Wentz, Bradford, and Daniel. Surely, they're looking to trade Bradford now...

Bradford is going to come with a $22m cap hit in 2016 - who in the hell would trade for that?

Eagles executive VP of football operations Howie Roseman confirmed Philadelphia will select a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft.

It'll be either North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz or Cal QB Jared Goff. "Only way you can make this trade is if you're totally comfortable with both guys," Roseman said after executing the trade with the Browns. It's possible the Eagles have spoken with the Rams and have intel on which quarterback they'll be taking at No. 1. Signs point to Goff going to L.A. and Wentz to Philly.

Trade after 2016 and the new team restructures

That is a possibility for sure. I think his cap is less than $10m in '17... But still, the Birds are on the hook for $22m this year, plus what they are paying Daniels.. Brilliant.

That is a possibility for sure. I think his cap is less than $10m in '17... But still, the Birds are on the hook for $22m this year, plus what they are paying Daniels.. Brilliant.

I think it's more likely that Daniels gets traded. He was brought in as insurance, but now that the trade has been made, his services are not really required.

I agree it would be tough to move Bradford with his 22 Mil cap hit. I'd bet money he is starting this season and whoever gets drafted will back him up.

Daniels will be dangled for a draft pick or for some help in another area.

I'd expect they would keep all three QB's into camp, and Daniels will get lots of time on the field to showcase his talent so they can trade him.

Well time to reset all of those mock drafts again. :lol:

haha, you know the funny thing?

In a lot of Mocks, The Browns took the QB and the Eagles took the RB.

I could see the reverse happening. Eagles take the QB and the Browns (who need a RB) could easily take the RB.

no switch required other than the name of the team. the order may actually stay the same.

I think it's more likely that Daniels gets traded.

Thing about trades, you have to have a buyer wiling to trade with. Who in the world is going to trade for Daniel and that contract as a backup?

Thing about trades, you have to have a buyer wiling to trade with. Who in the world is going to trade for Daniel and his contract as a backup?

Browns lol. .

I think it's more likely that Daniels gets traded. He was brought in as insurance, but now that the trade has been made, his services are not really required.

I agree it would be tough to move Bradford with his 22 Mil cap hit. I'd bet money he is starting this season and whoever gets drafted will back him up.

Daniels will be dangled for a draft pick or for some help in another area.

I'd expect they would keep all three QB's into camp, and Daniels will get lots of time on the field to showcase his talent so they can trade him.

Yeah but who wants to pay Daniels 7+ million? Thats absurd. Id rather some unemployed qb for way less money. Or trade for a cheaper one.

Yeah but who wants to pay Daniels 7+ million? Thats absurd. Id rather some unemployed qb for way less money. Or trade for a cheaper one.

all I'm saying is its probably easier to unload that contract than to unload Bradfords contract which is a 22 mil cap hit.

I could easily be wrong.

I think it would be harder to unload Daniels , what has he done ?

I think it would be harder to unload Daniels , what has he done ?

It's not his resume that makes him untradeable, it's his contract... He actual has value as a backup, but not at that price.

Bradford to SF. Right?

maybe that's the deal.

Bradford goes to san fran for a mid round pick, Kap goes to denver for a 3rd (or a 4th), San Fran is happy, and Philly is reasonably happy to open up the cap space.