Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Did You Ask......

I have two boys. I can't miss. I can hook you up if you need a male child.

:thumbsup:

But seriously, I was 27 when I asked my wife to marry me. We had been living together for two years. I should ask for his blessing and support at that point?

I only have 2 boys, myself and I am all set with kids at this point. No mas.

To answer the question - it depends. If you knew that it did not matter to him, then you don't need to ask. If you did not know or if you knew that it did matter, then I would ask. There is nothing wrong with showing some respect in that situation.

Says the one who always calls someone dumb for saying something that opposes his view :lol:

I call people dumb if I think they're dumb. You're just a dumb person who happens to have an opposing view.

I call people dumb if I think they're dumb. You're just a dumb person who happens to have an opposing view.

Only dumb people use that line :lol:

:lol:

My father in law and I had a great relationship. I respected him tremendously, as he did me.

It's still a stupid tradition that I didn't feel the need to buy into. I'm not sure why I would need to thank him for doing the job of every parent.

:dunno:

Mother's Day is Sunday. Participating? Why should we show thanks to someone who just did her job?

I only have 2 boys, myself and I am all set with kids at this point. No mas.

To answer the question - it depends. If you knew that it did not matter to him, then you don't need to ask. If you did not know or if you knew that it did matter, then I would ask. There is nothing wrong with showing some respect in that situation.

I knew it didn't matter to him, plus I truly believe it's a silly tradition that I wouldn't take part in even if it mattered to him. I get why people do it, I just wouldn't.

It's the same sort of thing as people who get their kids baptized because their parents expect them to, knowing fully well that they won't raise them in the church. My mom was extremely upset when I didn't get my kids baptized, but I don't believe in that tradition, so why do it? And all of my siblings got their kids baptized and not one of them raised their kids in the church.

Only dumb people use that line :lol:

Only dumb people fail to come up with something original.

Mother's Day is Sunday. Participating? Why should we show thanks to someone who just did her job?

Given that Mother's Day and Father's Day are both Hallmark holidays meant to extract money from the wallets of Americans, yes, I plan on recognizing my mother and my wife.

Only dumb people fail to come up with something original.

Keep telling yourself that to make you feel better. I'm gonna go play golf now. Gotta get some practice in before I head to Augusta to play with my BIL at the course where the masters was held :thumbsup:

I knew it didn't matter to him, plus I truly believe it's a silly tradition that I wouldn't take part in even if it mattered to him. I get why people do it, I just wouldn't.

It's the same sort of thing as people who get their kids baptized because their parents expect them to, knowing fully well that they won't raise them in the church. My mom was extremely upset when I didn't get my kids baptized, but I don't believe in that tradition, so why do it? And all of my siblings got their kids baptized and not one of them raised their kids in the church.

I guess I have a different outlook on respect than you do.

Given that Mother's Day and Father's Day are both Hallmark holidays meant to extract money from the wallets of Americans, yes, I plan on recognizing my mother and my wife.

Oh, so you do what you're told by society, but when the decision is left up to you to show respect, you just say no. What a bold individualist you are. And a phony.

Keep telling yourself that to make you feel better. I'm gonna go play golf now. Gotta get some practice in before I head to Augusta to play with my BIL at the course where the masters was held :thumbsup:

Have fun, dummy!

I guess I have a different outlook on respect than you do.

Yeah, ditto. I mean, I didn't necessarily feel like I had to ask, but I did it out of respect for my FIL because I knew he would appreciate it and would respect me for doing it. Respect is doing things beyond yourself.

Oh, so you do what you're told by society, but when the decision is left up to you to show respect, you just say no. What a bold individualist you are. And a phony.

No, my point is that I think those holidays are corporate inventions that we've swallowed hook, line, and sinker and now believe are somehow more important than showing your mother or spouse your feelings on a daily basis.

And even with that firm belief, I'm not risking my life by not recognizing it.

It was implied when we started negotiating the dowry.

How many goats did you get? I got stiffed :mad:

:dunno:

I guess so.

Well, if your kids fiancé comes to you to ask for your blessing, don't treat him like he's an idiot. Just accept the guys show of respect.

Well, if your kids fiancé comes to you to ask for your blessing, don't treat him like he's an idiot. Just accept the guys show of respect.

If that happens, I'll just be grateful that I live in a country where people who love each other can get married in any circumstance.

If that happens, I'll just be grateful that I live in a country where people who love each other can get married in any circumstance.

Of course, but it's just a polite show of respect. No need to belittle it.

No, my point is that I think those holidays are corporate inventions that we've swallowed hook, line, and sinker and now believe are somehow more important than showing your mother or spouse your feelings on a daily basis.

And even with that firm belief, I'm not risking my life by not recognizing it.

Cool. Respect Hallmarks traditions. But what if Hallmark made a card and had a national " ask for her parents blessings" day? I assume you would have played along?

Cause you know, my life is better than yours

Cool. Respect Hallmarks traditions. But what if Hallmark made a card and had a national " ask for her parents blessings" day? I assume you would have played along?

Are you drinking at noon on a Friday? You're more retarded than usual today.

Have you ever learned how to lie?

Believable lie: I am a general practionarer.

Unbelievable lie: I am an ex navy seal medic who is now an onocological surgeon

Believable lie: I am taking Friday off to go golfing at a new golf course.

Unbelievable lie: I am golfing Augusta.

Probably what you meant to say is that you are working, and this weekend if you are lucky you can golf the local municipal course.

Probably what you meant to say is that you are working, and this weekend if you are lucky you can golf the local municipal course.

Djgb13 livin la vida loca

I suspect djgb is a teenager bases on a lot of the lies he tries to sell.

You've really just gone way too far this time man.

Are you drinking at noon on a Friday? You're more retarded than usual today.

No. I have a child in my care and doing my best to raise a decent, happy person. It will be nice if some arrogant little guy she falls in love with, for some reason, swings by the house and shows me some respect gratitude down the line. He does t have to, but he should. It shows he's all grown up and over his adolescent issues of faux rebellion.

No. I have a child in my care and doing my best to raise a decent, happy person. It will be nice if some arrogant little guy she falls in love with, for some reason, swings by the house and shows me some respect gratitude down the line. He does t have to, but he should. It shows he's all grown up and over his adolescent issues of faux rebellion.

But what if he doesn't respect you, you want him to lie :doublethumbsup:

Doesn't matter who the guy is. It's a simple form of respect, whether he wants it or not. You don't have to do it, but it would be cooif you did.

Did you ask Mike's permission to come back? You should have, because respect.

• Like 1

He simply can't help himself.

Man, I'd love to someday hack around that course though...

For some reason I have a vision of Kelly Leak flipping you off as he rides away with your daughter on the back of his motorcycle.

:lol:

People so rarely use the word faux. It should be used more.

It's been real guys but I just wrapped up a winning argument in the US Supreme Court where all eight Justices actually stood up and applauded me at the end. So now I'm gonna hop on my private jet and go hang out with my buddies Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Maybe you've heard of them? Barry wanted to get some tips on how he could be a better lawyer since he's heading back to the private sector soon. It's been fun though, have a good weekend :wave:

So here's the story since you OBVIOUSLY need details. My BIL went to a fundraiser that was sponsored by Darius Rucker. The guy he gave the money to when donating was young and the two apparently started talking and became friends. The guys company does contracts for a bunch of different people like golfers, singers, NFL players, etc. Anyway when my BIL got diagnosed with colon cancer he wanted to do something for my BIL. He wanted to play at the Augusta course where the masters were held. So the guy got it in a singers contract somewhere around there for them to throw in a round of golf there. The singer didn't want it so it was given to the guy who did the contract. So the guy could bring two other people with him and gave those two other spots to my BIL. My nephew couldn't go cause of school so I was the next choice to go. Therefore, this Tuesday we are heading down there to play :thumbsup:

For some reason I have a vision of Kelly Leak flipping you off as he rides away with your daughter on the back of his motorcycle.

Lol. As long as he asked first.

So here's the story since you OBVIOUSLY need details. My BIL went to a fundraiser that was sponsored by Darius Rucker. The guy he gave the money to when donating was young and the two apparently started talking and became friends. The guys company does contracts for a bunch of different people like golfers, singers, NFL players, etc. Anyway when my BIL got diagnosed with colon cancer he wanted to do something for my BIL. He wanted to play at the Augusta course where the masters were held. So the guy got it in a singers contract somewhere around there for them to throw in a round of golf there. The singer didn't want it so it was given to the guy who did the contract. So the guy could bring two other people with him and gave those two other spots to my BIL. My nephew couldn't go cause of school so I was the next choice to go. Therefore, this Tuesday we are heading down there to play :thumbsup:

That might be the fastest round of golf in the history of ever but what else should we expect from the magnificent one

It's been real, guys but I'm preparing my acceptance speech for my Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for all of the tests I developed last year. When they name the new cancer cure the Frank M Therapy for All Cancers, you guys can say you knew me. You have my permission.

Pebble Beach or even St Andrews would have been a better lie.

At least the general public can actually play those places if they have the cash.

It's pretty common knowledge that Augusta National is the single toughest nut to crack if you're not a member. You ain't getting on there unless you know a member, work there, or win a PGA event.

Also, anyone who's going to play there isn't referring to the most exclusive club in the world as "the place where the masters was played "

This is the highest level of buffoonery I've ever seen here.

You guys will all be eating your words when he posts pictures next week. Hit em long, Dj !

You guys will all be eating your words when he posts pictures next week. Hit em long, Dj !

I'm actually pissing right now but WOW at the people that don't believe. I mean yea I know it is kind of amazing but I literally just explained HOW we got in. I didn't get in myself. It was my BIL who got in and invited me. But unfortunately I can't take pictures because they don't allow phones there. It was like that when they took me with them to the Masters this year. I mean I know some of you are pretty jealous about it but don't be so salty and let me enjoy the one and only time I'll be playing on this course