Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

The top 5 receivers as of now

1) Dez

2) AJ Green

3) Antonio Brown (Roethlisberger misses 4-6 games)

4) Brandin Cooks

5) Sammie Watkins

Every year 6 to 7 wr's fall out of top 10 so you have to account for that.

A lot of the fantasy past b$150,000 winners all say Brandin Cooks will be this years DeAndre Hopkins and buy him up everywhere. I don't see it, but these guys are usually on point with their predictions.

Thank you for your last sentence. I don't think he gets to 100 receptions. I expect the defense to be improved therefore limiting the amount of catches he gets. If the D improves then they won't be forced to air it out in playing catch-up.

I mean he had 80 receptions IN A PERFECT STORM last year because of all of those shootouts. I don't think he reaches 100.

Also with the team signing Ivory, this means they want to become a more balanced offense. They don't want Bortles slinging the rock all over the place...they want him more in a game manger mode more often than not.

Because of Ivory, Allen will not be pulling down that many TDs inside the 5-10 yard line. And he will share targets with JT down there who, himself is a proven redzone beast.

Give us your top 5

Great post. I'm not saying Allen will be a bust or anything like that. I'm saying there will be TD regression therefore he doesn't justify a 1st round pick.

I wasn't trying to get anyone's panties twisted up on here. :dunno:

Just because he has a td regression has nothing to do with him being a first round pick. His floor is 10 tds.

Just because he has a td regression has nothing to do with him being a first round pick. His floor is 10 tds.

Are we talking PPR or non-PPR as a first rounder?

Help the board with some homer Dolphin insight. I'm serious.

I'm here for you Kent.

I want you, and anyone else to do something right now ---- look up a sports write up (preferrably Denver based) on the week 12 MIA @ DEN game during the 2014 season. See what happened in the second half? C.J. Anderson TORE us to shreds. I was there...I remember it vividly. So understand this --- Gase appreciates C.J. Andersons skillset. That game shows you what Gase prioritizes in his backs - an ability to run around the edge and catch in the flats...this does not describe Jay Ajayi. Ajayi is more of a between-the-tackles runner.

Now here we are in 2016:

Gase and Co. were never sold on Ajayi as a true #1 back. We aggressively sought to bring in C.J. Anderson to replace Lamer Miller for the reasons mentioned above^ ---but it didn't work out. What also did we do? We drafted Kenyan Drake - who is known for also being a lateral back with the ability to catch the ball. Can this point be driven home any further? Gase appreciates a skillset that Ajayi doesn't have.

Now - some of you might remember - Gase praised Ajayi during the off-season, however, it should be stressed that this had much more to do with his work ethic than anything else. See this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664291/article/adam-gase-ajayi-has-separated-from-dolphins-rbs

So despite all that ---what did we do? We brought in our "Ace of Gase" (Arian Foster) as I've been referring to him lately...lol. Arian Foster is one of the best backs in the NFL at catching the ball in the flats and has an extensive history of success in an offense that is similar to what we are going to do in Miami.

IF Arian Foster can stay healthy ---I fully expect he will be on the field at least 60% of the time....but more than likely 70% - with Ajayi giving him rest sparingly and used for short-yardage situations.

Furthermore - Gase's offense NEEDS a 3 down back. We are going to be running WAY MORE no-huddle hurry up this year...possibly top10 in the league. We have to have a RB that can block, run, and catch out of the backfield. For these reasons - Foster is WAY BETTER suited for our no-huddle offense.

Ajayi is not the pick here.

Foster 100%

- If it doesn't turn out that way (assuming Foster doesn't miss significant time due to an injury) I'll never post on this board about Dolphins insights ever again. This is 100% and from a Dolphin community called Finheaven.com that lives/breathes our team. You can trust this source for what we WANT to do. Will it happen that way? It all comes down to if Foster can stay healthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note - DeVante Parker is going to explode this year - he is last years A Rob, and the year befores Kelvin Benjamin. Mark my words. Landry is great for PPR...but DP (SpiderMan) is going to outdo him this year ----double digit TD's. He is a lock top be top20...could be better. The potential is there. So all you guys talking TOP10 WR's....take note. He is a STEAL for the $8-16 in Auction drafts. This is not homer talk here...he will be the Demariyus Thomas role in Miamis passing attack. He/Cameron are our only true redzone threats.

Speaking of Jordan Cameron...he will play the Orange Julius role ---we are workng very hard right now at getting our TE's more involved in the offense. An article was just posted in the Herald in the last day about it. He is a very good target for a TE beyond top10 rated...

In closing --- look at that game I told you guys about - DT caught 3 TD's. C.J. Anderson shred us....that is what Gase WANTS to do in Miami....DeVante Parker and Arian Foster are the best targets in Miami besides Jarvis Landry...but come at a much cheaper price. Don't forget it.

• Like 1

No wr has a floor of 10tds, they are way too flukey to say that. There is no math that can predict tds. I would say ARob is a solid bet for 7-10, which is good.

Antonio Brown

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Dez Bryant

Brandon Marshall

I'm here for you Kent.

I want you, and anyone else to do something right now ---- look up a sports write up (preferrably Denver based) on the week 12 MIA @ DEN game during the 2014 season. See what happened in the second half? C.J. Anderson TORE us to shreds. I was there...I remember it vividly. So understand this --- Gase appreciates C.J. Andersons skillset. That game shows you what Gase prioritizes in his backs - an ability to run around the edge and catch in the flats...this does not describe Jay Ajayi. Ajayi is more of a between-the-tackles runner.

Now here we are in 2016:

Gase and Co. were never sold on Ajayi as a true #1 back. We aggressively sought to bring in C.J. Anderson to replace Lamer Miller for the reasons mentioned above^ ---but it didn't work out. What also did we do? We drafted Kenyan Drake - who is known for also being a lateral back with the ability to catch the ball. Can this point be driven home any further? Gase appreciates a skillset that Ajayi doesn't have.

Now - some of you might remember - Gase praised Ajayi during the off-season, however, it should be stressed that this had much more to do with his work ethic than anything else. See this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664291/article/adam-gase-ajayi-has-separated-from-dolphins-rbs

So despite all that ---what did we do? We brought in our "Ace of Gase" (Arian Foster) as I've been referring to him lately...lol. Arian Foster is one of the best backs in the NFL at catching the ball in the flats and has an extensive history of success in an offense that is similar to what we are going to do in Miami.

IF Arian Foster can stay healthy ---I fully expect he will be on the field at least 60% of the time....but more than likely 70% - with Ajayi giving him rest sparingly and used for short-yardage situations.

Furthermore - Gase's offense NEEDS a 3 down back. We are going to be running WAY MORE no-huddle hurry up this year...possibly top10 in the league. We have to have a RB that can block, run, and catch out of the backfield. For these reasons - Foster is WAY BETTER suited for our no-huddle offense.

Ajayi is not the pick here.

Foster 100%

- If it doesn't turn out that way (assuming Foster doesn't miss significant time due to an injury) I'll never post on this board about Dolphins insights ever again. This is 100% and from a Dolphin community called Finheaven.com that lives/breathes our team. You can trust this source for what we WANT to do. Will it happen that way? It all comes down to if Foster can stay healthy.

On another note - DeVante Parker is going to explode this year - he is last years A Rob, and the year befores Kelvin Benjamin. Mark my words. Landry is great for PPR...but DP (SpiderMan) is going to outdo him this year ----double digit TD's. He is a lock top be top20...could be better. The potential is there. So all you guys talking TOP10 WR's....take note. He is a STEAL for the $8-16 in Auction drafts. This is not homer talk here...he will be the Demariyus Thomas role in Miamis passing attack. He/Cameron are our only true redzone threats.

Speaking of Jordan Cameron...he will play the Orange Julius role ---we are workng very hard right now at getting our TE's more involved in the offense. An article was just posted in the Herald in the last day about it. He is a very good target for a TE beyond top10 rated...

In closing --- look at that game I told you guys about - DT caught 3 TD's. C.J. Anderson shred us....that is what Gase WANTS to do in Miami....DeVante Parker and Arian Foster are the best targets in Miami besides Jarvis Landry...but come at a much cheaper price. Don't forget it.

Can Parker stay of the trainer's table is my concern, not his talent.

Can Parker stay of the trainer's table is my concern, not his talent.

His QB doesn't concern you? As a Dolphins fan it certainly concerns me. Landry is his bread and butter and trusted weapon. I hesitate to get on board with Parker and Cameron just because I hate Tannehill that much.

His QB doesn't concern you? As a Dolphins fan it certainly concerns me. Landry is his bread and butter and trusted weapon. I hesitate to get on board with Parker and Cameron just because I hate Tannehill that much.

I'm not too terribly worried about Tanny because I expect him to be throwing the ball alot. I think their running game will stink and he'll have to chuck it.

1) Dez

2) AJ Green

3) Antonio Brown (Roethlisberger misses 4-6 games)

4) Brandin Cooks

5) Sammie Watkins

Every year 6 to 7 wr's fall out of top 10 so you have to account for that.

A lot of the fantasy past b$150,000 winners all say Brandin Cooks will be this years DeAndre Hopkins and buy him up everywhere. I don't see it, but these guys are usually on point with their predictions.

If Big Ben misses 4-6 games, put a fork in Brown, he won't be top 20.

If Big Ben misses 4-6 games, put a fork in Brown, he won't be top 20.

Why are you so high on Cooks? I've seen other rankings like yours where he's been in top 5, top 6, in their projections too.

Thank you for your last sentence. I don't think he gets to 100 receptions. I expect the defense to be improved therefore limiting the amount of catches he gets. If the D improves then they won't be forced to air it out in playing catch-up.

I mean he had 80 receptions IN A PERFECT STORM last year because of all of those shootouts. I don't think he reaches 100.

Also with the team signing Ivory, this means they want to become a more balanced offense. They don't want Bortles slinging the rock all over the place...they want him more in a game manger mode more often than not.

Because of Ivory, Allen will not be pulling down that many TDs inside the 5-10 yard line. And he will share targets with JT down there who, himself is a proven redzone beast.

You're overrating Ivory. The Jets bailed on him for a reason.

DeVante Parker and Arian Foster are the best targets in Miami besides Jarvis Landry...but come at a much cheaper price. Don't forget it.

I like Parker, but from what I am seeing Stills is gonna be highly involved, and cap his ceiling a bit.

I'm just puzzled that not only are Miller and Hopkins not holding more neutral in Adp...they are moving way up the board. Fantasy in large part is how to properly measure risk. For some reason this isn't being factored by some with regards to Osweiler's impact. Of his minimal attempts he's looked awful and been benched for a guy with no feeling in his fingers. If he had looked good it's a different story.

I'd rather you give the board insights on Ajayi and Foster rather than continue this debate.

I don't know if he's going to be any good or not. But he was benched for Peyton freaking Manning..not just a guy that couldn't feel his fingers lol

I'm not too terribly worried about Tanny because I expect him to be throwing the ball alot. I think their running game will stink and he'll have to chuck it.

Have you ever seen Tannehill "chuck it"? It's not pretty.

Have you ever seen Tannehill "chuck it"? It's not pretty.

I still can't believe the Phins gave him that contract. I bet his agent was shocked too.

how about the contract that Osweiler just got!? Lmao....id take Tanny over him every day of the week with his intelligence. he doesnt deserve all the hate...his OLine has given up so many sacks...tanny has been bloodied and bruised and still gone out there and "chucked" it for 4200 yards.

how about the contract that Osweiler just got!? Lmao....id take Tanny over him every day of the week with his intelligence. he doesnt deserve all the hate...his OLine has given up so many sacks...tanny has been bloodied and bruised and still gone out there and "chucked" it for 4200 yards.

lol do you watch the games? You of all people should know those 4200 yards are empty and meaningless. He turns the ball over at the worst times and he cannot convert a 3rd down to save his life. After 4 years of the same you can go ahead and continue to blame the O-line but not i.

How can you believe in Tannehill's intellegiance when up to now he hasn't been able to audible on his own?

How many games did Ben miss last year?

Do we all realize how shaky Tanny is? Like...seeing him play and all? I get that he wasn't in a great spot. I even buy Gase as a man who can make good things happen with players of a certain ilk. I'm currently concerned about whether Tanny is good enough to be powering 2 wrs and any tight end.

I don't know if he's going to be any good or not. But he was benched for Peyton freaking Manning..not just a guy that couldn't feel his fingers lol

Right..some people try to hard to make a point