Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Freeman/Coleman looks like a 50/50 rest of year

Sucks for the people who drafted Freeman high...

Weepaws has been trying to tell you! (and that CJ Anderson sucks)

Chargers with Gordon and Woodhead is looking the same. May even be 60/40 with Woodhead getting the bulk.

I will take that split with Gordon and Woodhead , if Gordon keeps getting the rushing tds.

I was actually hoping for this...I didn't keep Freeman in my keeper league. Raised a few eyebrows by not keeping the top scoring rb from the previous year, so I was hoping I'd be justified :) But the second half of the season, he wasn't very good.

Of course, watch this game be an aberration and him dominate again :/

The signs were there in the offseason.

Lots of people just chose to ignore them.

It was even announced that there would be a more even distribution of touches.

given how Freeman's production dropped off a bit toward the end of the year, a time share (of sorts) seemed like the logical thing.

This does not mean he wont get you points, but I think it does mean the weeks of 30+ fantasy points may be over for Freeman. (at least while the time share exists) If you are a Freeman owner, you are hoping Coleman's fumbling problem rears its ugly head again. This would allow Freeman more playing time while Coleman is benched.

If Coleman has figured out his reads and holds onto the ball, he will take more of the work

given how Freeman's production dropped off a bit toward the end of the year

More than a bit. You couldn't take him out of the lineup after how he played the first half of the season. But he didn't help you win in the second half. I was glad to part ways, and for one short week, it's looking like the right call. Of course, I didn't get Coleman this year either, so I've got no Falcons stakes anywhere.

Surprised me when I looked at the stats of that game , that Coleman even received more targets in the passing game.

Freeman was the product of being in a Shannahan offense last season. They are always RB friendly. Coleman is who they wanted going forward, and who they wanted last season, but it didn't work out that way. Coleman has the speed, but he's one of those guys that is chronically injured, or will do something stupid to get in the doghouse. Until one guy shines and takes more than half the carries, I'll avoid the situation. I don't feel bad for those who drafted Freeman in Round One. All offseason the talk has been about a timeshare in the backfield. Anyone who follows football knows Freeman didn't look good the 2nd half of last season and Coleman is, by far, the better option in the backfield. The thing though is being better than Freeman doesn't make him "good", it only makes him better than Freeman....

Freeman was the product of being in a Shannahan offense last season. They are always RB friendly. Coleman is who they wanted going forward, and who they wanted last season, but it didn't work out that way. Coleman has the speed, but he's one of those guys that is chronically injured, or will do something stupid to get in the doghouse. Until one guy shines and takes more than half the carries, I'll avoid the situation. I don't feel bad for those who drafted Freeman in Round One. All offseason the talk has been about a timeshare in the backfield. Anyone who follows football knows Freeman didn't look good the 2nd half of last season and Coleman is, by far, the better option in the backfield. The thing though is being better than Freeman doesn't make him "good", it only makes him better than Freeman....

By Far the better option ?....Freeman championship winner last year, owner of neither.

Freeman seems to have better vision, and be more elusive with a nose for the end zone. Coleman looks like a rookie with raw talent, not making the right reads, cuts, blocking assignments, and fumbling all play into Freeman being preferred option in the back field. There's more to NFL RB position than top speed. Emmitt Smith wasn't fast.

Freeman seems to have better vision, and be more elusive with a nose for the end zone.

He didn't look that way from Week 7 on last year. 3 TDs in weeks 7-16. Even taking into account missing one game and 3 carries in another, that's three scores in 7 games (bye week in there too). Those 10 scores in the first 6 weeks blinded everyone (who didn't have him on their roster) to how mediocre he was the balance of the season.

If Coleman has figured out his reads and holds onto the ball, he will take more of the work

It's probably irrelevant.

Atlanta wont be a winning team this year (in my opinion) and from what I've seen, it is tough for a RB to put up top numbers on a losing team.

There are certainly exceptions, but in general, if your team is winning, you are running the ball in the 4th Quarter to kill the clock, and those garbage time carries against a tired D take their toll and the best YPC of the game ususually come at that time.

so RB's on winning teams usually have better stats than RB's on losing teams.

There are exceptions to this rule(ie. run based offense-Gurley), but not a lot of them.

Zeke is another who is on a team with a top O line, that will be a mostly run based Offense due to the rookie QB. Zeke will put up the numbers but this will be volume based production behind a top O line.

It's probably irrelevant.

Atlanta wont be a winning team this year (in my opinion) and from what I've seen, it is tough for a RB to put up top numbers on a losing team.

There are certainly exceptions, but in general, if your team is winning, you are running the ball in the 4th Quarter to kill the clock, and those garbage time carries against a tired D take their toll and the best YPC of the game ususually come at that time.

so RB's on winning teams usually have better stats than RB's on losing teams.

There are exceptions to this rule(ie. run based offense-Gurley), but not a lot of them.

Zeke is another who is on a team with a top O line, that will be a mostly run based Offense due to the rookie QB. Zeke will put up the numbers but this will be volume based production behind a top O line.

:thumbsup:

Freeman was fantastic through 6 weeks last year. Falcons record through week 6? 5-1. Their record from 7-16? 3-6.

I owned Freeman last year and watching him is like night and day. He looks like he's waiting to break the big run instead of taking what he's given. Very hesitant at the o-line. I bypassed him this year and went after Coleman in the late rounds. This could end up being a steal if Coleman somehow starts to get the Lion's share of carries/reception.

Sucks for the people who drafted Freeman high...

I have never wanted to punch anyone in the face more than I do the Falcons coaching staff. What a waste of a pick.

Only if you over valued him.

The coaching staff during this past off season kept saying they wanted a more 50/50 split.

It's no surprise , except for the amount of targets in the passing game Coleman received.

I love Freeman.

Couldn't get him. Took Coleman in two drafts.

Had I landed Freeman I'd have reached to cuff Coleman though. You needed to and it's a great cuff.

I own both. I don't care who takes the job, I just need it to be one of them.

Agreed but in ppr large roster starting I will start both

Only week 1, but still not a great start. Give every player a few weeks before making any judgements. Def not a good omen.