Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

A. Luck

I'm tempted to sit him this week @ Denver, I can't see him having a very productive day against that D, could be low scoring. Luck is also a little dinged up, as his Hilton.

Of course, my other options are Dalton @ Pitt and Dak @ Washington! I may roll the dice with Dalton and hope this is a high scoring game.

I don't often play matchup games with my early picks, but this is a special case. Luck has just 1 game under his belt since half year off... on the road versus one of the best defenses in the league. Luck didn't play well even when healthy to start last season. His floor could be fairly low in this game.

I drafted Luck 4th round and I'm benching him for Stafford at home vs TEN. Don't know if I'd start Dalton (probably), but definitely not Dak.

Im debating on picking up Carr to put him in, but I hate to cut someone like either Ware or Henry to pick him up. I only have one qb so maybe I need to do this long term anyhow. When LBell comes back I do have plenty of runners in Langford, Hyde, and Ingram.

Sim debating on picking up Carr to put him in, but I hate to cut someone like either Ware or Henry to pick him up. I only have one qb so maybe I need to do this long term anyhow. When LBell comes back I do have plenty of runners in Langford, Hyde, and Ingram.

Cut Ware or Henry just to play someone besides Luck? Yeah that's a dumb idea. Your welcome.

Cut Ware or Henry just to play someone besides Luck? Yeah that's a dumb idea. Your welcome.

Luck vs. Denver is not appealing though.

Ware may start maybe one more week? Two?

Yeah you're right. My bad. Drop him.

I don't mind if you disagree. In fact I want people to,persuade me to take a course of action. You Stated your opinion but you didn't support your reasoning.

Do you feel Luck is a stud who can never be benched?

You saw my 6 runners, I can only play 2.

I only have 1 qb.

Don't you think I can make a case for dropping a RB in order to pick up another sexy qb?

Im debating on picking up Carr to put him in, but I hate to cut someone like either Ware or Henry to pick him up. I only have one qb so maybe I need to do this long term anyhow. When LBell comes back I do have plenty of runners in Langford, Hyde, and Ingram.

Carr is still available? Has to be a 6 or 8 team league, seeing that he was pretty much ranked in the top 8 by everyone. Especially if most teams carry 2-QB's.

• Like 1

Do you feel Luck is a stud who can never be benched?

I (unfortunately) owned Luck last year too and he's benchable in my mind in spite of last week's monster game. The FF world is divided on him this week and I'm usually on the "don't bench your studs" side.... but my spidey senses tell me this situation calls for an exception.

I like Luck over Dalton

Luck as played the Broncos twice the last two seasons and as avg 31 points vs the Broncos including 29 last season and 34 at Broncos 2014.

Carr is still available? Has to be a 6 or 8 team league, seeing that he was pretty much ranked in the top 8 by everyone. Especially if most teams carry 2-QB's.

Yeah, 8

This is why I only have one qb. I figure if Luck gets hurt or bye week, I still have a handful of decent plug ins. Cousins, Carr, Mccown, Bradford, and I think Mariota.

I like Luck over Dalton

Luck as played the Broncos twice the last two seasons and as avg 31 points vs the Broncos including 29 last season and 34 at Broncos 2014.

Wow! This is an interesting stat. Thanks. More to ponder. I still have a day.

I'm starting Bortles in one league because my other 2 I have luck as well. Figure if he sucks I don't get screwed in all my leagues lol.

Luck's last three games against Denver made him I think the QB2, 3, and 8. His last game last season was against Denver, put up 252/2 on them.

Only had one single TD game last year, in his down year.

I've been skeptical as F about Luck this year, so part of my posting about him vs Denver is trying to make myself feel better about starting him :) But the stats remain the same regardless.

I'm rolling with him (even if I didn't have only Mariota backing him up right now).

• Like 2

Can't see how one could go into the season with Luck as the only QB and then consider moving a quality guy for a one week fill in...

The schedule is known well in advance and if you're willing to carry one QB, especially one at his level, you play him. Otherwise, just say your draft strategy was flawed enough to flush it one week into the season.

• Like 1

Andre Luck is a stud this year that shouldn't be benched.. big bounceback year from last year. he has more polished receivers than ever before and a decent running game. i predict Luck will throw for over 50 td's this year

• Like 1

Do not drop viable running backs!

Think of it this way: if you're about to drop someone who will picked up immediately, you probably shouldn't be dropping them.

Be ultra sensitive to this when rbs are the issue. If you have 6 rbs, you are 2 rolled ankles away from having 4 rbs. Look, in a decade of fantasy, I've lost 3 rbs in a week out of nowhere. It happens! Other times, it was 2 in the set of games. One time, it was 2 on one game! (SH)IT happens!

Don't voluntarily give away a viable rb.

If you drafted Luck in the 4th round and he's been good so far, roll with it! Even if he's not magical this Sunday, it's not likely that he'll be terrible enough to tank you. Otherwise, what is the point of drafting a qb in the first third of a draft? Press your Luck!

• Like 1

And besides, streaming is for late qb-takers in deeper leagues. That strategy can work but it is not for everyone. And it is totally fine if it isn't for you.

And look...for every Blake Bortles and Kirko last year (streaming guys who worked out), there's 5 or more Sam Bradfords and Tannies (guys who didn't work out).

You have an upright Andrew Luck! Don't be making roster moves to avoid starting him until there's some reason for it. Don't do it!

• Like 2

Can't see how one could go into the season with Luck as the only QB and then consider moving a quality guy for a one week fill in...

The schedule is known well in advance and if you're willing to carry one QB, especially one at his level, you play him. Otherwise, just say your draft strategy was flawed enough to flush it one week into the season.

You are correct, sir, but I actually had a second qb (Winston) that I dropped to pick up.........Ware. Lol

So now, I'm looking to drop Ware to pick up Carr. Yeah, I know, the more i think about it, the more I don't like doing this either.

THANK YOU for showing me the error of my ways.

TM

And besides, streaming is for late qb-takers in deeper leagues. That strategy can work but it is not for everyone. And it is totally fine if it isn't for you.

And look...for every Blake Bortles and Kirko last year (streaming guys who worked out), there's 5 or more Sam Bradfords and Tannies (guys who didn't work out).

You have an upright Andrew Luck! Don't be making roster moves to avoid starting him until there's some reason for it. Don't do it!

THANK YOU JIM for both of your posts here! This is what I was looking for to give me balance in my thinking. Your reasoning is rock solid. Several of you guys have provided brilliant logical thoughts that now show me the error in my thinking. This is why I threw this out here. I will now be content with Luck this week and wait to his bye week- week 5- before I make a move to add a second qb. Maybe by then one of my runners rolled an ankle or maybe Charles got healthy.

Thanks,

TM

Do not drop viable running backs!

Think of it this way: if you're about to drop someone who will picked up immediately, you probably shouldn't be dropping them.

Be ultra sensitive to this when rbs are the issue. If you have 6 rbs, you are 2 rolled ankles away from having 4 rbs. Look, in a decade of fantasy, I've lost 3 rbs in a week out of nowhere. It happens! Other times, it was 2 in the set of games. One time, it was 2 on one game! (SH)IT happens!

Don't voluntarily give away a viable rb.

If you drafted Luck in the 4th round and he's been good so far, roll with it! Even if he's not magical this Sunday, it's not likely that he'll be terrible enough to tank you. Otherwise, what is the point of drafting a qb in the first third of a draft? Press your Luck!

Just to Clarify, Luck isnt a running back. Hes a QB.

Luck is matchup proof since the colts have no other means of moving the ball. The better question is do we bench Moncrief? I can put in Hurns but if Luck has good numbers his receivers should do ok too

Someone was talking about dropping a rb to pick up a qb when he drafted a qb early. I was walking that owner off the ledge. I know...it was long-winded, but that owner 'smelled what I was cookin'. Good luck folks.

• Like 1

Luck is matchup proof since the colts have no other means of moving the ball. The better question is do we bench Moncrief? I can put in Hurns but if Luck has good numbers his receivers should do ok too

I'm advocating starting Luck against Denver, but I'm not sure I'd start his WRs. Denver is good, no doubt. Luck is going to get his by taking what they give him, and they may take away one or more guys completely. May be the jack Doyle party again for all we know. Luck yes, his WRs, I dunno.

Well, I came up,with another plan. I picked up Carr and will start him, and I cut my defense- KC. I'm not feeling them this week. I'm favored to win. If I have the victory after tonight (only I have a player Monday) then I won't bother to pick up either the Eagles or Bears defense to plug in. Both are available on waivers.

I can't seem to bench a player like Luck. Denver will stop the run forcing the Colts to throw very often. If he gets 250 yards and 2 TDs, I'll be ecstatic. #DontBenchYourStuds

I can't seem to bench a player like Luck. Denver will stop the run forcing the Colts to throw very often. If he gets 250 yards and 2 TDs, I'll be ecstatic. #DontBenchYourStuds

I am from the school that does not believe every stud should be played every week regardless. But, your logic on Denver stopping the run game makes sense Luck will air it out a bit more.

I am from the school that does not believe every stud should be played every week regardless. But, your logic on Denver stopping the run game makes sense Luck will air it out a bit more.

I'm old school and don't overthink things. If Luck was just an "above average" QB, I'd sit him in this game. But, I think Luck is elite and should be started every week, assuming he's healthy. This is the type of game he gets to prove himself. We'll see what happens, but I expect a solid showing.

I'm old school and don't overthink things. If Luck was just an "above average" QB, I'd sit him in this game. But, I think Luck is elite and should be started every week, assuming he's healthy. This is the type of game he gets to prove himself. We'll see what happens, but I expect a solid showing.

Even his bad weeks last year weren't so bad. One single TD game, the rest two or three. He threw INTs, that was the big thing.

Well, my nightmare is playing out. At the last minute I inserted Luck into my lineup and with less than a quarter to go, he has all of 5 points and no tds. I had a bad feeling Denver defense < Indy offense.

Sigh!

I think Luck is elite and should be started every week.

I agree with the idea of ALWAYS starting "elite" players.

Luck lost "elite" status mid-season last year.

Unbelievably bad game for luck. The moncrief injury pretty much locked it in. He's still in next week.

Winston with no Martin on the other hand...

I agree with the idea of ALWAYS starting "elite" players.

Luck lost "elite" status mid-season last year.

Because of injury?

Sometimes you have good Luck and sometimes you have bad Luck.

Life is like that.

2 months of mediocre points.

Huh. He put up good points for me last year while he was playing. More ints than I'd have liked, but a lot of TDs.