Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Essay Question. Cap v Dixie Chicks

Compare the US public's reaction to the lead singer of the DC one time comment about being embarassed about GWB being our POTUS (who is now ranked historically as overseeing one of the biggest foreign policy failures in history, not to mention Katrina response (you're doing a heckuva job Brownie! Hard coding our pull out in Iraq, overseeing the worst economic failure in US history, etc.) vs. GWB.

Versus Cap kneeling at football games.

Reference specifically the US's purblic's reaction and resultant actions/responses.

Open your test books, now. Use only a number 2 pencil.

Kap had the comfortable position of being under contract. It should have been able to voided. The DC are essentially free agents so public backlash can be immediate.

Biggest problem with the Dixie Chix was that they did it in a foreign country, imo. Huge over-reaction to it, though.

Biggest problem I have with Kap is how idiotic the choice of protest is. It'd be like black kids refusing to eat Trix because Cap'n Crunch is an old white guy... there's no connection.

I'd say bigger overreaction goes to the Dixie Chicks.

But it did lead them to releasing Taking The Long Way, which is a FANTASTIC album....especially the song Silent House, which was about Natalie Maines ' grandmother's fight with Alzheimers.

Biggest difference is Dixie Chicks were absolutely 100% correct and Kaepernick is a deluded idiot who's wrong.

Also, Dixie Chicks have a better hair stylist.

If the chicks music didn't suck so bad this would be easy.............I'll still go with Kap as the bigger idiot. At least the chicks got the facts right.

Another difference is that people actually pay money to go see the dixie chicks be on stage for several hours.

Nobody gives a sh!t what Colin Kaepernick thinks about a damn thing.

The dixie chicks mistake was forgetting that they are a country act... know thy audience. I give em much props for taking their heat like men and not recanting and groveling though.

The dixie chicks mistake was forgetting that they are a country act... know thy audience. I give em much props for taking their heat like men and not recanting and groveling though.

Yep...that was the biggest factor in combination with most of the country supporting the Iraq War with 9/11 still fairly fresh. It didn't help that it was a profane gesture either.

They took their heat like ladies.

The Dixie Chunks became irrelevant once they pissed off their southern Baptist following by critiquing a president overseas. Three fat bitches I would push out of any bed are worthless dumpsters whose claim to fame is chicken feet tattoos.

The lead singer is such a , I wouldn't fawk her worth a KMart blue light special on a Tuesday.

Yep...that was the biggest factor in combination with most of the country supporting the Iraq War with 9/11 still fairly fresh. It didn't help that it was a profane gesture either.

They took their heat like ladies.

I don't recall the profane gesture.

Wasn't it something like "Just so you know, we're embarassed to be from the same state as GWB?

I'd say bigger overreaction goes to the Dixie Chicks.

But it did lead them to releasing Taking The Long Way, which is a FANTASTIC album....especially the song Silent House, which was about Natalie Maines ' grandmother's fight with Alzheimers.

The title song is probably one of their best - highlights them all. Incredibly talented group.

Going to find/listen to Silent House now.

The Dixie Chunks became irrelevant once they pissed off their southern Baptist following by critiquing a president overseas. Three fat bitches I would push out of any bed are worthless ###### dumpsters whose claim to fame is chicken feet tattoos.

The lead singer is such a ######, I wouldn't fawk her worth a KMart blue light special on a Tuesday.

The Dixie Chunks became irrelevant once they pissed off their southern Baptist following by critiquing a president overseas. Three fat bitches I would push out of any bed are worthless ###### dumpsters whose claim to fame is chicken feet tattoos.

The lead singer is such a ######, I wouldn't fawk her worth a KMart blue light special on a Tuesday.

Had to check the time stamp - and yep, sure enough, you were drunk.

The lead singer is a mouthy pudgy pain in the ass, but the other two are pretty damn good looking. And definitely not fat. And crazy talented.

But yeah, wouldn't hurt my feelings even now if they found an alternative singer. I think both of the sisters have done solo work outside of the DC anyway.

I don't recall the profane gesture.

Wasn't it something like "Just so you know, we're embarassed to be from the same state as GWB?

“Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.”

Comment was made on foreign soil (London) and as an American she is entitled to her Freedom of Speech. America spoke back and their career was ruined. Yet another entertainer mistaking their stage clout with political clout.

And comparing them to Cap is indeed apples to oranges. They were highly talented when they made their political statement; Cap was not (comparatively speaking).

Why do they call it an essay question? The answer is the essay. Am I right people?

Why do they call it an essay question? The answer is the essay. Am I right people?

That's the point. Same as the term 'rhetorical question' for which an answer is not sought.

That's the point. Same as the term 'rhetorical question' for which an answer is not sought.

Do you think I don't know what a rhetorical question is ?

• Like 1

“Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.”

Comment was made on foreign soil (London) and as an American she is entitled to her Freedom of Speech. America spoke back and their career was ruined. Yet another entertainer mistaking their stage clout with political clout.

And comparing them to Cap is indeed apples to oranges. They were highly talented when they made their political statement; Cap was not (comparatively speaking).

Wow, good to know. I was in South Carolina at the time and remember seeing a news report of people stomping on Dixie Chicks CDs outside the capitol, and the governor (IIRC) was interviewed and angrily ranted about it.

The fact they didn't say "F***k Bush" and it netted that reaction just makes it more :wacko: than it seemed at the time.

The title song is probably one of their best - highlights them all. Incredibly talented group.

Going to find/listen to Silent House now.

DC stuff is hit or miss for me, but Travelin Soldier (

) is beautiful. You Were Mine is beautifully depressing. And Cowboy Take Me Away makes me feel like a little girl (in a good way). Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum singing it is perfection though, actually better than Natalie Maines.