Sign in to follow this  
Woble Eth

Here we go with the Don Jackson mania! LOL Observation..

Of course, any time you get a chance to grab a guy who could be a number one option moving forward, it's understandable, I get it.

But what keeps sticking in the back of my mind, if he was this quality option, wouldn't you think they would have found a way to get him involved last week when Lacy was less than 100%, Starks was out, and they had to use a WR at the position?

That gives me pause.

I am pretty set at WR and was thinking grabbing him and losing Michael Floyd, but...

Gotta strike soon, if he does anything of merit tonight... forget about it.

Reminds me of the mania when Brandon Jackson was made the starting rb due to injuries. The Don is on the small side and I read an article that said at Nevada he had limited speed and played in a pistol system. If Lacy wasn't a game winner what makes people think he is a game or league winner.

I put my chips on Davis. If there is going to be upside here it is a big back with speed. Not excited but the only place with upside. Still can't see him hitting my line up since I'm a genius and have Miller, CMike, Ware and now Mike G.

The Lackers seem to be a pretty dysfunctional bunch. MCCarthy and Thompson have been living off of stellar QB play during their tenure. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a HOF player on their practice squad and didn't know it. Stupid is as stupid does.

Saw him play here play here in Reno.

Hard to see him doing a lot.

Caution.

i tend to agree

im suprised that this jackson guy wasnt signed from the practice squad before last weeks game.....maybe they didnt think lacy injury was this serious.....maybe its incompetence.....

but when you have mccarthy saying things like "we need to get montgomery the ball"...and they trade for a knile davis....its hard to get super excited about don jackson imo....

I'm not getting involved in the packers backfield mess. I dropped Lacy and picked up Gillislee. McCoy is out this week now and could be out longer.

keep in mind, the only reason he's getting the start is cuz he's the only trained RB who knows the system.

I doubt hes anything better than a mediocre talent, otherwise he wouldnt have been assigned to the practice squad.

My guess is he gets 12 carries, 35-40 yards. If you are lucky he may get you a TD.

If you have absolutely no other plays, he's a high risk, moderate reward type of player.

The Gillislee pick was a good move.

If you can , why not .

Everyone is clammering to add Kniles and Ty and Don Jackson but if Lacy who is better than all these guys can't get it done in that system where Rodgers audibles into short passes who cares

I think I'm gonna trade him before he even plays.

My buddy traded some panic Lacy owner CJ Anderson for Kniles Davis who my friend beat him to on the wire. Unreal

My buddy traded some panic Lacy owner CJ Anderson for Kniles Davis who my friend beat him to on the wire. Unreal

Yep, that guy got Davis for a bargain.

Some interesting reads...He's not quite as fast as FWP's 4.23 time but 4.47 ain't to shabby. Here's to lightning in a bottle tonight....

"Why he stands out: Jackson got a late start in football thanks to a troubled past, which was chronicled by the Reno Gazette-Journal last year. He barely played until his senior year of high school, and despite one teacher’s prediction that Jackson would be “dead or in jail before he's 17,” according to the Gazette-Journal, he eventually made his way to Nevada after junior college. As a senior last year, Jackson rushed for 1,078 yards and eight touchdowns in 13 games. He combined for 15 rushing touchdowns in his last two seasons. At 5-foot-10 and 205 pounds, he reportedly ran a 4.47 40-yard dash at his pro day on March 29. Although he wasn’t invited to the combine, that 40 time would have ranked tied for fifth among running backs who ran in Indianapolis in February."

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/30079/running-back-don-jackson-could-be-best-of-packers-undrafted-rookies

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=108358&draftyear=2016&genpos=RB

Everyone is clammering to add Kniles and Ty and Don Jackson but if Lacy who is better than all these guys can't get it done in that system where Rodgers audibles into short passes who cares

Am assuming the difference for Ty is that he will also see some snaps at WR and that Davante Adams being nicked will increase his profile there as well.

Edit: I notice that Yahoo just knocked Montgomery's PPR projection from 16+ to 13+.

I watched his highlight reel at Nevada. He away better than Starks and he's never played an NFL snap.

Forget the Packers backfield altogether. It's over.

I mean they had a guy averaging 5.1 ypc (Lacy) and even HE was barely fantasy-relevant.

Now some no-name scrub or spare parts off the scrap heap are gonna come in and lead your fantasy team to glory? Forget about it.

I think Jackson got knocked out of the game. He was playing a bit part, but looked a little lost running routes. I picked him up hoping for lightning in the bottle next week. Doesn't look like it is going to happen. I can't see why they would change things up much. Montgomery is clicking. Next week Davis and Jackson each get 5 touches imo. Looking like Adams is really the #1 WR in GB. It's been trending that way for a while.