Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

RB Handcuff Lottery

I think now might be a good time to revisit this considering all the injuries suffered so far this season (Peterson, Doug Martin, Jeremy Langford, Lat Murray, Arian Foster, Abdullah, JStew) and just this week (Eddie Lacy, Shady McCoy, Carlos Hyde).

I didn't exactly go Zero RB theory but I always load up on upside RBs in the middle to late rounds. Some (CMike and Spencer Ware) have paid off great while others (Alf Morris and Derrick Henry) have sat on my bench collecting dust.

Surely, there will be more RB injuries going down. We're going to see undrafted guys like Mike Davis, Mike Gillislee, and Quiz Rodgers in a lot of starting lineups this week. People were going crazy over a practice squad and 4th string RB being added to the Packers roster the past two days.

Who do you have as the top guys to stash as lotto tickets right now to avoid the future WW rush?

Devontae Booker -- Getting more and more work, would be huge if CJA went down.

Derrick Henry -- Purely a handcuff, getting nowhere near the work we thought he would. But steps right in for Murray if he misses time.

Alf Morris -- Going to continue to hold. Great situation if anything happens to Zeke. Pure handcuff.

Bilal Powell -- Forte hasn't been the same since that monster 3 TD game.

A. Ellington -- Main guy behind David Johnson.

Dwayne Washington -- Everyone hurt in Detroit backfield including him but great offense.

Kenneth Dixon -- Expected big things but has shown nothing yet and TWest is owning the backfield.

• Like 1

I think now might be a good time to revisit this considering all the injuries suffered so far this season (Peterson, Doug Martin, Jeremy Langford, Lat Murray, Arian Foster, Abdullah, JStew) and just this week (Eddie Lacy, Shady McCoy, Carlos Hyde).

I didn't exactly go Zero RB theory but I always load up on upside RBs in the middle to late rounds. Some (CMike and Spencer Ware) have paid off great while others (Alf Morris and Derrick Henry) have sat on my bench collecting dust.

Surely, there will be more RB injuries going down. We're going to see undrafted guys like Mike Davis, Mike Gillislee, and Quiz Rodgers in a lot of starting lineups this week. People were going crazy over a practice squad and 4th string RB being added to the Packers roster the past two days.

Who do you have as the top guys to stash as lotto tickets right now to avoid the future WW rush?

Derrick Henry -- Purely a handcuff, getting nowhere near the work we thought he would. But steps right in for Murray if he misses time.

Alf Morris -- Going to continue to hold. Great situation if anything happens to Zeke. Pure handcuff.

Dwayne Washington -- Everyone hurt in Detroit backfield including him but great offense.

Kenneth Dixon -- Expected big things but has shown nothing yet and TWest is owning the backfield.

LOL. This is one place I actually have an edge--not effective so far, but I have a lot stashed...because I had to.

FWIW, here's who I have rostered at the mo:

Smallwood

Dixon

DWash (Detroit...just dropped DWash Oak)

Quizz (starting this week, just grabbed him)

Gilly (starting, just grabbed him)

Don Jackson (may be dropping him for Carey...or Knile...or to pickup Alf again...)

I like Powell.

Morris of course especially if you own Zeke. Number one ff Rb.

Booker I do think will be 1b soon enough.

Gill is a good one now , McCoy seems to have hammy problems more and more.

I own D Murray and have the room to roster Henry also , at this point I'm going to keep both just in case. M

Just know the moment I drop him D Murray will be on the injury report.

• Like 1

CJA is probably not going anywhere without an injury; even in a committee with Hillman last year who ran considerably better than him, CJA still garnered about 50% of the share. But Booker is coming and he's very good. I'm swoopin him up wherever i see him.

I'm not even sure Booker can be considered a Cuff anymore, really. Not in the way that Alf or Henry are, at any rate.

I drafted C-Mike as well, so yeah- that one paid off.

I also drafted Henry and I'm scared to drop him, because as we all know- he will most likely be a monster if given the opportunity.

I picked up Dixon, but dropped him this week for Ajayi. I really don't know much about Dixon other than people say he has big play potential. However, with West being successful, I don't think Dixon will get enough touches in the short-term to be successful.

I dropped Dixon for Gillesie today. I have Henry sitting on the bench, just waiting for Demarco to go Belly up. I cashed in on the Jordan Howard ticket for three weeks, before sitting him last night (thankfully).

I just need one to pan out, to go along with DJohnson.

Dixon is going to be my next drop with the bye week coming up if I don't see anything from him.

I'm too afraid to drop Henry. I really believe he'll be a top ten weekly play if anything ever happened to Murray. I don't want to be the one that drops him and can't get him back if that scenario unfolded.

Most of the rbs lost to inj this yr have been older guys or inj prone guys. Pretty easy to avoid in drafts imo, if you are having rb problems it's your own fault this yr.

Ajayi has never been able to stay healthy for long. I think Foster might have a few left in the tank toward the end of the season. Smart DJ owners will cuff w Ellington.

Deep rb watch: chark west if Charles gets shut down.

Most of the rbs lost to inj this yr have been older guys or inj prone guys. Pretty easy to avoid in drafts imo, if you are having rb problems it's your own fault this yr.

CJ Anderson? Jeremy Hill?

I've been holding Henry all year. Even though we have a small bench, I can't bring myself to drop him. If Murray goes down, Henry will be a stud, IMO.

Cja and hill are hurt?

Read it wrong. No, they are just healthy, young and sucky.

I like Morris, Booker and Ellington.

I don't think I'd put Ellington in that same boat. I don't think Arians thinks Ellington can handle a full load, so I think it would still be a committee with him, Stepfan Taylor and Kerwynn Williams. Ellington would be the lead, but I don't see him getting the usage to be able to replicate DJ; especially not knowing who would handle goal line work.

Ellington I would see more as a mid range RB2 if DJ went down, where as Morris, Booker would both be RB1s.

I've been holding Henry all year. Even though we have a small bench, I can't bring myself to drop him. If Murray goes down, Henry will be a stud, IMO.

I just dropped him this week and I'm nervous.

He cleared waivers though.

Dixon is going to be my next drop with the bye week coming up if I don't see anything from him.

I'm too afraid to drop Henry. I really believe he'll be a top ten weekly play if anything ever happened to Murray. I don't want to be the one that drops him and can't get him back if that scenario unfolded.

Dixon and Henry are in exactly the same boat. Both behind currently successful runners, both would be big plays if the starter went down. I'm holding Dixon, don't have Henry, but I think Dixon is in a better spot for the simple reason that Murray is a proven great back, and West is a past failure with a higher chance of regressing to his mean.

Dwayne Washington might be worth a presumptive add. He's the likely starter with Riddick ruled out and facing a porous Redskins run D. I'm not saying to start him, unless you're absolutely desperate of course, but if you have room on your bench he's worth a stash in case he goes off.

Dwayne Washington might be worth a presumptive add. He's the likely starter with Riddick ruled out and facing a porous Redskins run D. I'm not saying to start him, unless you're absolutely desperate of course, but if you have room on your bench he's worth a stash in case he goes off.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11518/dwayne-washington

Don't

My roster is almost nothing but these lottery tickets.

I've been holding Detroits Washington- but im about to dump him.

little to no value for anyone in detroits running game imo. that said i picked up xenner to cover byes with options being jennings and yeldon. its gross i kno.

Washington still not ready to go. Dumpsville for him.

I'll be watching Dixon and Booker especially this week. I think Booker will start getting more work in Denver. With TWest facing a very tough Jets run D, the way to attack them is with a pass catching back so Dixon could get more work than usual today. If he doesn't, with the Ravens on bye next week, it would probably be safe to drop him. But hoping for the best from Dixon. He can still be a better version of Buck Allen last year who was a useful fantasy starter at the end of the year.

Please step up to the window to collect your winnings on the Booker lottery ticket. :clap:

Who could be next?

Was ready to drop Dixon but I will hold through the bye week. TWest (and the team in general) is coming off a horrible rushing performance against the NYJ and Harbaugh has stated they want to get him more involved. I think he's worth a stash right now to see if they work him into the lineup.