Sign in to follow this  
Cowboys8822

Drop Vikings D for Dolphins ROS?

I still own the Vikings and going to roll with them again.

I'm still holding unto the Eagles def.

All those Eagles drops.

Because they've done so badly huh.

FF is constantly evolving. A performance 3 weeks ago means squat today. Assessments must be made and corresponding risks taken to achieve success (or, often, failure).

FF is constantly evolving. A performance 3 weeks ago means squat today. Assessments must be made and corresponding risks taken to achieve success (or, often, failure).

Sounds like the kind of middle management bollocks that is stinking up the planet.

It also suggests that assessments don't factor in past performance, which is demonstrably not true.

Sounds like the kind of middle management bollocks that is stinking up the planet.

It also suggests that assessments don't factor in past performance, which is demonstrably not true.

"Don't factor in past performance"? Have you not observed your Philly D score the last few weeks? FF is all about "what have you done for me lately". I started Prosise over CMike last week, although the latter had been quite serviceable for many weeks. I started Wilson the last 2 weeks after he sucked so badly early on, that I had picked him up off of the FA wire. Was that stupid? Based on past performance it was, but in current reality it wasn't. Also, If you haven't come to grips with the fact that much of what we do, particularly concerning Defenses on a weekly basis, equates to the ole' proverbial dart throw.....the lesson will most likely osmose the cerebral cortex at some point.

Philly and Minny were top shelf defenses for the first half of the season, but have faded the last 3 weeks. In FF, that is potentially a trend that an owner must weigh. Miami D, on the other hand, after starting out as a less-than-desireable D early on, has tied together a couple of good games (albeit with 2 defensive TD's, which are flukey), including against SD on the road last week, which is noteworthy.

When scheduling is considered, Miami has only one remaining game through week 16 that, on paper, warrants concern (week 14 at home against AZ). Of course, they may very well fall on their face, while Philly shines......and this also wouldn't surprise me a bit. Again, this is FF, after all.

I don't blame you a bit for riding Philly's D.....may work out great for you. However, there is no need to wax sanctimonious concerning others who are trying to read the tea leaves, and have decided to move on.

Eagles fan here but I like to think I'm not a blind homer. I'll tell you there's no one consistently startable from a fantasy perspective on the entire team, but the D is worth hanging onto for two reasons:

1. They rush the passer really well, which leads to hurries, sacks and turnovers.

2. They have among the best special teams units in the league, including the return game.

Philly's D is the kind of unit that can let the opposition put up 27-30 and still get you a good fantasy score just because of 1-2 above. I'd ride the hot hand but there's no way I would outright drop the Eagles D.

The Phins will disappoint. Good luck with that. Vikings will probably disappoint though too. So hopefully you pick the one that sucks less.

I'm sticking with Minnesota in one of my leagues as I think at the end of the day they have more play makers than Miami. While the Dolphins remaining schedule isn't too challenging, they do play New England towards the end of the season and you may run into that matchup while you're in the playoffs - which isn't a good thing.

Plus, Miami has historically fallen apart towards the end year, so be aware of this potentially being the case again. It'll be interesting to monitor this year as Adam Gase seems to have a better grasp of his players and how to lead the team.

What a crock of dog pooo! Geez speak in English please.

"Don't factor in past performance"? Have you not observed your Philly D score the last few weeks? FF is all about "what have you done for me lately". I started Prosise over CMike last week, although the latter had been quite serviceable for many weeks. I started Wilson the last 2 weeks after he sucked so badly early on, that I had picked him up off of the FA wire. Was that stupid? Based on past performance it was, but in current reality it wasn't. Also, If you haven't come to grips with the fact that much of what we do, particularly concerning Defenses on a weekly basis, equates to the ole' proverbial dart throw.....the lesson will most likely osmose the cerebral cortex at some point.

Philly and Minny were top shelf defenses for the first half of the season, but have faded the last 3 weeks. In FF, that is potentially a trend that an owner must weigh. Miami D, on the other hand, after starting out as a less-than-desireable D early on, has tied together a couple of good games (albeit with 2 defensive TD's, which are flukey), including against SD on the road last week, which is noteworthy.

When scheduling is considered, Miami has only one remaining game through week 16 that, on paper, warrants concern (week 14 at home against AZ). Of course, they may very well fall on their face, while Philly shines......and this also wouldn't surprise me a bit. Again, this is FF, after all.

I don't blame you a bit for riding Philly's D.....may work out great for you. However, there is no need to wax sanctimonious concerning others who are trying to read the tea leaves, and have decided to move on.

Again the more you babble, the more we don't listen.

Again the more you babble, the more we don't listen.

Suit yourself. In fact, do me a personal favor and put me on ignore so that you won't have to be exposed to my opinions.....but In this pursuit of ours, Championships are all that matter.

What a crock of dog pooo! Geez speak in English please.

Vocabulary and grammar not your best subjects? Don't worry....I think I perceive an undiscovered, yet possibly innate, penchant for simplistic poetry in that last sentence of yours.