Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

SuperBowl dilemma

The 2 best teams all year made the final. Me (the #2 team), versus the #1 guy.

I just got a text from the other owner with the offer to split first and second right down the middle.

Have any of you guys ever done this before? Would you?

A straight payout would be $600 for first, and $250 for second.

Or we go $425 for each.

I've had the same offer proposed to me before. I refused and won the game. Its up to you. Some frown on it, but I'm not one of them.

I'm going for the gold .

No split.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Read Luke 2.

I am going for the win in two leagues, wouldn't want to split either. I see no problem what so ever with it. Most teams who aren't in the championship don't really care what's going on anyway

Back when PokerStars was still accepting American action, I saw this a lot. The final few contestants in a tournament would sit out and have someone from support come by and divvy up the funds,

Another consideration is that it would allow both of you to devote undivided attention to family and friends for the Holidays.

• Like 1

Just play the game and don't split it up. It is not that much of a difference in money, but the bragging rights are important. We have a league trophy for the winner as well as money.

I'd chop it. But im an old school poker player. Unless you feel you have a sizable edge bank it... Or take 375 each and leave $100 for the champ.

Why go hard all season and then accept a split? Wusss move. Then what does the championship mean? Nothing. Commishes should have rules against this kind of thing. Ruins the integrity of playing the game all season.

Championship means champion... it means the same thing. no integrity loss. I don't get the issue.

I've gone the saver route before, extra $100 to second place, winner takes lion share and bragging. All the wussie talk is bullshit, it's fantasy football macho freaks.

My .02. fantasy football should be a distraction from the low points in life, not the high. If splitting means you can enjoy the weekend festivities and not worry about it then by all means I would probably do it.

• Like 2

I also got an offer for a split 400/400 instead of 600/200. I'm taking it. The winner is still champion and has bragging rights. The split in now way effects that. The winnings is extra spending money in Cabo so with $400 I know I'll have a good time.

I had the best team in the league. Most points scored. However, my team started to slow down at the end and I was going against the #2 team with the best record and 2nd most points in the league right after me.

He wanted to go half. My WR's sucked so I didn't feel great about the game. I decided to go 360-120, just because I did have the most points in the league. It's winner take all.

I lost 114-124 so am now happy I took the deal.

Just give winner one more dollar.

I for one don't care how people split the prize. It's theirs