Sign in to follow this  
phan a tic

Curse of Oak Island

Why not let em find something, even if just clues etc.

Obviously it's not fully reality.

Play with us. Give us a reason to keep watching paint dry.

I'm getting tired of it. I also haven't missed a single episode.

It's getting to the point, I hope they find a note 140 feet underground that tells these fuckchops that it's all a hoax.

Agreed - D. Carr breaking his leg is the motha of all curses.

You are tempting fate my man.

You are tempting fate my man.

Na, never been one to believe in curses, voodoo or the SI jinx... We've been kicked in the balls enuff over the years that we don't need any help with bad luck finding us... I've been conditioned to expect it really.

The amount of money they've drained into this is what makes it even more funny.

Do you think there is something buried there? Was buried there? Any thoughts on the stuff found and a logical explanation other than "treasure"? Just curious. :bench:

Do you think there is something buried there? Was buried there? Any thoughts on the stuff found and a logical explanation other than "treasure"? Just curious. :bench:

Hard to say. I'm not too familiar with the backstory, and have only seen 3-4 episodes. I think the little note they found was interesting, but was probably left by that previous family that built all those shafts in the money pit. The rock was likely carved by some kids just to fock with people.

I tend to believe everything has a natural explanation, but that's probably just the pessimistic atheist in me. :dunno:

If you haven't scraped the surface, it's not there.

After Katrina, I had to rebuild a fence on my property line. I dug new holes. My property line and house was settled in 1929. I dug up boxes filled with teeth and old pictures that were faded. Old saws that clear cut swaths of area. Dead dogs and cats. What's buried is buried.

Tonight in the 9 o'clock hour show the Lagina brothers and their partners make incredible discoveries at Smith's Cove & the Money Pit. (so says the TV Guide)

If they found something we would have heard about it, the show is not live.

They can't find anything major or the show is over

If they found something we would have heard about it, the show is not live.

I know that. Never implied it was live.

They found they're bankrupt.

That's why they call it the money pit :banana:

If you read the 1st post in this thread, that is what happened last night.

Surely, 'incredible discoveries' is different for everyone but for those that have watched, it was that.

(btw, sorry for calling you Shirley)

First, they discovered the actual existance of the source of the flood tunnels in Smith's Cove and secondly, they pulled up extremely old wood from farther down in the Money Pit, thought to be part of the original gold cache pit.

Next week's tease uses the phrase >this is earth-shattering<.

They found some garbage that some other idiot(s) buried decades ago.

My theory is that the ex-slave that lived on Oak Island and went on to be one of the richest land owners in the northeast found a treasure and kept his mouth shut.

I'm getting tired of it. I also haven't missed a single episode.

It's getting to the point, I hope they find a note 140 feet underground that tells these fuckchops that it's all a hoax.

I still haven't missed an episode of it. :wall:

Although now, I'm rooting against them.

I do get a kick out of Gary Drayton. Goofy little focker.

I still haven't missed an episode of it. :wall:

Although now, I'm rooting against them.

I do get a kick out of Gary Drayton. Goofy little focker.

Me too. I don't care enough to research the brothers, but they must be sleeping on stacks of 100's, because the amount of money they've pissed away has to be upwards of 5 mil.

Agree on the Gary comment too. Dude gets a gigantic boner, finding the most insignificant crap. The only redeeming quality of the show.

Surprised that you guys who have never missed an episode didn't post about last night's find.

They found a cross that looked like a Black Sabbath cross. They thought maybe from the 17th century. Turns out it was from 1200 years BC. That is the best thing they've found so far.

I'm surprised it didn't have Trump's name on it. :doh:

Surprised that you guys who have never missed an episode didn't post about last night's find.

They found a cross that looked like a Black Sabbath cross. They thought maybe from the 17th century. Turns out it was from 1200 years BC. That is the best thing they've found so far.

I'm surprised it didn't have Trump's name on it. :doh:

I didn't watch last nights episode yet. You're talking about the same cross with the loop on the top they found a couple episodes back right? That's actually pretty interesting.

Not as bad as Ghost hunters or finding Sasquatch. Side note, I had a grown man tell me mermaids were real because he watched that mockumentary on animal planet that tells you in the beginning that it’s actors and not a real documentary.