Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Dow hits 20,000

So in summary I've given him an opportunity to name a policy. He has failed at doing so.

But but but Bush!!!

I realize that the 150% improvement under Obama pales compared to the 10% since Trump has taken over. Oh what a leader. LOL

I realize that the 150% improvement under Obama pales compared to the 10% since Trump has taken over. Oh what a leader. LOL

Again. I contend that the market Rose despite Obama not because of it. If you disagree with this please list for me what policy he installed that made this Market? Because regulations taxes and red tape are all things that crippled economies. So if you have something to dispute that or a policy by all means list it.

Again. I contend that the market Rose despite Obama not because of it. If you disagree with this please list for me what policy he installed that made this Market? Because regulations taxes and red tape are all things that crippled economies. So if you have something to dispute that or a policy by all means list it.

150 percent Improvement in the market. Cut the unemployment rate by more than half. I don't have to lost more than that. That's what the leader of the country is supposed to be doing. There was no guarantee everything was going to turn around just because a new president took over. Yes I know it is cyclical, but who said it had a bottom out at the end of Bush's tenure? It could have continued falling. And if you don't know about bailouts and measures that Obama took when he took office, educate yourself. That's what Google is for.

So the bailouts saved the market. In other words, Obama printed some money, gave it to the banks, and stuck us with the bill. Brilliant. And the guy didn't even go to B school.

• Like 1

As we can see from this thread, Obama is due nearly zero credit for the performance of the stock market in his 8 years. If anything, you could say the bailout to the banks using tax payer money stabilized it. That's about it. I wouldn't say that was some stroke of brilliance on his part. I changed a diaper today, because it had to be done. Doesn't make me a great parent.

As we can see from this thread, Obama is due nearly zero credit for the performance of the stock market in his 8 years. If anything, you could say the bailout to the banks using tax payer money stabilized it. That's about it. I wouldn't say that was some stroke of brilliance on his part. I changed a diaper today, because it had to be done. Doesn't make me a great parent.

ROFL

ROFL

Come on man. You know the hack routine.

Everything good that happened under Obama, was in spite of Obama.

Everything bad the happened under Obama, was because of Obama.

Everything good that happens under Trump, is because of Trump.

Everything bad that happens under Trump, is because of Obama.

Come on man. You know the hack routine.

Everything good that happened under Obama, was in spite of Obama.

Everything bad the happened under Obama, was because of Obama.

Everything good that happens under Trump, is because of Trump.

Everything bad that happens under Trump, is because of Obama.

I know. I know. I'm just seeing how many times I can make the same two guys make the same two worthless point. They can't stand the thought of one positive Obama post getting through. LOL

I know. I know. I'm just seeing how many times I can make the same two guys make the same two worthless point. They can't stand the thought of one positive Obama post getting through. LOL

Not at all...but we are talking about this specific point.

I give obama credit for things...like reducing the veterans homeless rate, we just dont talk about that stuff much.

Not at all...but we are talking about this specific point.

I give obama credit for things...like reducing the veterans homeless rate, we just dont talk about that stuff much.

Exactly. I give Obama credit for deporting millions of illegals.

Exactly. I give Obama credit for deporting millions of illegals.

But now trumps doing it...its bad. Ahhhhh!!...now I see how it works. :)

I like how newbs gets asked for specific policies but since he's no more than a political blowhard with no actual knowledge beyond regurgitated stats, he just keeps saying 15o% market increase and cut the unemoyment rate by more than half. Like a broken record. He doesn't event know how those numbers happened, he can just recite them :D

I like how newbs gets asked for specific policies but since he's no more than a political blowhard with no actual knowledge beyond regurgitated stats, he just keeps saying 15o% market increase and cut the unemoyment rate by more than half. Like a broken record. He doesn't event know how those numbers happened, he can just recite them :D

tough act to follow. I hope Trump is up to it

This is from Friday but the MSM did not report it over the weekend.

The Dow did it again.

For the 11th straight day in a row, the index touched a new all-time high.

It wasn't a huge surge: The Dow was up by a mere 11 points at the close after spending most of the day in the red. Still, this is the longest streak since 1987.

The way thing are going we're going to have to change the title of the thread to 21,000. WINNING. MAGA!!!!

:pointstosky:

He's up to a 10% increase. That is great for my 401k. Thanks Trump. Please duplicate Obama's success and get it to improve 150%. That'll be like hitting the lottery. :music_guitarred:

He's up to a 10% increase. That is great for my 401k. Thanks Trump. Please duplicate Obama's success and get it to improve 150%. That'll be like hitting the lottery. :music_guitarred:

All the way up to 33k? Good for you skippy

Under Obama it took 5 years to reach a new high on the Dow. You obviously have no knowledge of how the stock market works.

Under Obama it took 5 years to reach a new high on the Dow. You obviously have no knowledge of how the stock market works.

A new high? Obama took it from 8k to almost 19k. Fock a new high, he saved us from a depression. Trump was handed a stock market near 19k and under 5% unemployment. He's on easy street compared to what Obama inherited. I hope Trump can match Obama and increase the market as much as he did. More money in my pockets.

newbie, once again :doh:

newbie, once again :doh:

Conservatives, once again :doh:

Just can't stand the fact that Trump will never have as positive of an effect on the economy as Obama did.

Just can't stand the fact that Trump will never have as positive of an effect on the economy as Obama did.

Let's play this again. Name for me one policy Obama had that drove the market.

Because I can name several that probably hampered it from going even higher.

But it is funny watching you try to convince people that since a very specific point in November the market took off that just happens to coincide with Trump. Oh and how consumer confidence being at a 15-year hi since Trump was elected means nothing.

Let's play this again. Name for me one policy Obama had that drove the market.

Because I can name several that probably hampered it from going even higher.

But it is funny watching you try to convince people that since a very specific point in November the market took off that just happens to coincide with Trump. Oh and how consumer confidence being at a 15-year hi since Trump was elected means nothing.

His stimulus bill turned the economy around in six months. We went from being close to a depression, to being totally out of the recession by July of his first year in office. And bailing out the auto industry saved 3 million jobs.If you follow the market trend, it runs right along the timeline of Obama's accomplishments. It's all about consumer confidence. People spending their money. That drives the entire economy. I know you hate to give Obama credit. I guess you're afraid Rupert Murdoch will find out and take away your club membership. But if Trump can be half as effective on our economy as Obama was, I'll be delighted.

<----- not a conservative.

i'm a realist who understands Obama did nada to bounce the market from 8k-roughly 14k.. or rather, anyone could have been in office, made some slight tweaks and the market was going to rebound.

<----- not a conservative.

i'm a realist who understands Obama did nada to bounce the market from 8k-roughly 14k

LOL Gotcha But you think Trump has done something to bounce it from 19k to 21k? :doh:

LOL Gotcha But you think Trump has done something to bounce it from 19k to 21k? :doh:

find a post where i said that?

although if you press me, I would argue that confidence has grown on the back of his proposed tax cuts and his desire for relaxed regulations.

but no. I have not said a single thing "trumpeting" trump.

find a post where i said that?

although if you press me, I would argue that confidence has grown on the back of his proposed tax cuts and his desire for relaxed regulations.

but no. I have not said a single thing "trumpeting" trump.

Ahhhhh confidence. In 35 days. As if there was no confidence when Obama saved us from the depression along with 3 million jobs. You sound like a retard. Quit while you're ahead. :doh: :wave:

Ahhhhh confidence. In 35 days. As if there was no confidence when Obama saved us from the depression along with 3 million jobs. You sound like a retard. Quit while you're ahead. :doh: :wave:

you literally have no clue what you're talking about so you revert back to painting me as this big pro Trump, anti Obama guy. Did you know I voted for Obama for his 1st term? Did you know I did NOT vote in this election?

I know you don't handle solid reasoning skills very well and that's why you continue to ignore the fact that Obama took over a perfect storm to get massive market increases on his legacy. I mean if you want to ignore economics and pretend the market wouldn't have rebounded back to previous highs, as it ALWAYS has, then by all means stick your head in the sand.

Until then, work on some actual substance to add to your arguments. Something to back up your statistical claims so you don't just sound like the next regurgitating RP-esque loser.

you literally have no clue what you're talking about so you revert back to painting me as this big pro Trump, anti Obama guy. Did you know I voted for Obama for his 1st term? Did you know I did NOT vote in this election?

I know you don't handle solid reasoning skills very well and that's why you continue to ignore the fact that Obama took over a perfect storm to get massive market increases on his legacy. I mean if you want to ignore economics and pretend the market wouldn't have rebounded back to previous highs, as it ALWAYS has, then by all means stick your head in the sand.

Until then, work on some actual substance to add to your arguments. Something to back up your statistical claims so you don't just sound like the next regurgitating RP-esque loser.

Bullsh1t., That's an excuse bitter ass holes use rather than giving credit to Obama. There was no guarantee that the economy was going to rebound when Obama took over. There was a genuine concern that the economy would crash into a depression. It could have continued tanking like it had been under Bush or something could "stimulate" the economy and it could rebound. You act like the economy started rebounding at the end of Bush's term and Obama took over from there. Yes, I understand that what goes up must come down and vice versa, and that the economy/market was bound to eventually rebound, Obama's ploicies and the confidence he brought with him are the reasons it happened so fast and the market started climbing.

The Dow started going up the day he was elected. Numbers don't lie.

Oh..............we weren't discussing the truth here were we?

Bullsh1t., That's an excuse bitter ass holes use rather than giving credit to Obama. There was no guarantee that the economy was going to rebound when Obama took over. There was a genuine concern that the economy would crash into a depression. It could have continued tanking like it had been under Bush or something could "stimulate" the economy and it could rebound. You act like the economy started rebounding at the end of Bush's term and Obama took over from there. Yes, I understand that what goes up must come down and vice versa, and that the economy/market was bound to eventually rebound, Obama's ploicies and the confidence he brought with him are the reasons it happened so fast and the market started climbing.

What policies? An auto bailout is not going to improve an overall Market the way you claim it has because of Obama. And if you're trying to say throwing money at the problem which is an adorable trick the Liberals like to pull is what did it then I think we're probably done here because that's idiotic.

Secondly explain to me why then the market the very second Trump got elected has skyrocketed every day since?

What policies? An auto bailout is not going to improve an overall Market the way you claim it has because of Obama. And if you're trying to say throwing money at the problem which is an adorable trick the Liberals like to pull is what did it then I think we're probably done here because that's idiotic.

Secondly explain to me why then the market the very second Trump got elected has skyrocketed every day since?

That's the way it was trending. It's been on the rise since Obama straightened things out. hth

That's the way it was trending. It's been on the rise since Obama straightened things out. hth

What news show said that talking point? I gotta go look at that........... :lol:

Nov. 8th pal. Numbers don't lie.

Please. In the eight years under Bush had to deal with 9/11 and a financial housing crisis. Obama comes in and throws money at the problem and you want to act like he was some genius... it was more timing than anything. And spoiler alert that market would have risen a lot faster if you didn't have crippling regulations and higher taxes.

Consumer confidence is at a 15-year High and the market has skyrocketed since Trump was elected. From that very point it took off. You're giving him credit where he didn't really do anything other than throw money at a problem

Please. In the eight years under Bush had to deal with 9/11 and a financial housing crisis. Obama comes in and throws money at the problem and you want to act like he was some genius... it was more timing than anything. And spoiler alert that market would have risen a lot faster if you didn't have crippling regulations and higher taxes.

Consumer confidence is at a 15-year High and the market has skyrocketed since Trump was elected. From that very point it took off. You're giving him credit where he didn't really do anything other than throw money at a problem

Yup. Obama, the regulator in chief:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-sets-new-record-for-regulations-527-pages-in-just-one-day/article/2607677

lololololololol So when an economy collapses and we get attacked by terrorists under a Republican President, it's something the poor guy had to deal with? He also had to 'deal with' the two wars he got us in. If 9/11 and the economy crashed while Obama was in office, it wouldn't have been things he had to 'deal with', it would have been things he caused. Please tell me you can see how much of a political hack you are. Talking to you is pointless.

lololololololol So when an economy collapses and we get attacked by terrorists under a Republican President, it's something the poor guy had to deal with? He also had to 'deal with' the two wars he got us in. If 9/11 and the economy crashed while Obama was in office, it wouldn't have been things he had to 'deal with', it would have been things he caused. Please tell me you can see how much of a political hack you are. Talking to you is pointless.

Says the guy that thinks the market went off because of an Obama policy yet can't really point to one. Youre a joke.

lololololololol So when an economy collapses and we get attacked by terrorists under a Republican President, it's something the poor guy had to deal with?

Truth hurts? Clinton had chances to get UBL and they trained under the noses of the Clinton administration.

Truth hurts? Clinton had chances to get UBL and they trained under the noses of the Clinton administration.

My favorite is when the Liberals try to take credit for capturing Bin Laden. Obama would have pulled them out of the Middle East if he had the power to but his hand was forced by Bush and had to stay. Then those same guys who were put there by Bush find Bin Laden and lo and behold now they supported the war... and try to take credit for capturing him. It's so laughably comical.

• Like 1

My favorite is when the Liberals try to take credit for capturing Bin Laden. Obama would have pulled them out of the Middle East if he had the power to but his hand was forced by Bush and had to stay. Then those same guys who were put there by Bush find Bin Laden and lo and behold now they supported the war... and try to take credit for capturing him. It's so laughably comical.

7 years of fail for Bush in his quest to get Bin Laden. Didn't take Obama long. I know that hurts. I apologize that things didn't work out for you. :(