Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Dow hits 20,000

We are in a bubble (which isn't Trump or Obama's fault it is the nature of our system) this won't last till summer next year.

The Oracle of Orlando everybody!

• Like 1

7th record close in a row! Gains since the election amount to $4 Trillion, how much of that did you get?

$0

$100

$1000

$10,000

$100,000

7th record close in a row! Gains since the election amount to $4 Trillion, how much of that did you get?

$0

$100

$1000

$10,000

$100,000

You have three years to go, pappy. Be careful what you post.

I get sick of catching the same clueless Hagfish! Read the articles and you will see how irrelevant your comment is.

#orangehagfish

Is he up to a 150% percent increase yet since he took over? Oh, only 20% Gotcha

It wasn't 150%. It was just over 140%.

Secondly, all of you.....not just you.....are playing the "president did it himself game"

Lemme try

Barrack H. Obama: 2009-2015 (in 7th year) 162 mass murders Incidents with 8 or more deaths = 18. Has Trump had that many? Nope.

How about U.S. Military Service members. How many died on Obama's watch? Trumps?

Also, Michael Jackson died during Obama's watch.

Did Jackson die during Trump's watch?

Nuff said.

:banana:

We are in a bubble (which isn't Trump or Obama's fault it is the nature of our system) this won't last till summer next year.

You may be right. I hope you're not. But idiots like baker Boy shouldn't be here pounding his chest (and Trump's schlong) if they're going to run here and say he has no responsibility if things go the opposite direction.

$0

$100

$1000

$10,000

$100,000

I get sick of catching the same clueless Hagfish! Read the articles and you will see how irrelevant your comment is.

#orangehagfish

Trump is keeping Obama's meomentum going. I love it

#silverretard

Trump is keeping Obama's meomentum going. I love it

#silverretard

Economic stimulus!!! Bwhahahaha...

Economic stimulus!!! Bwhahahaha...

83 consecutive months of job growth. But yay Trump for the last 6. Rofl!!!

Zerohedge...why am I not surprised you get your information from there?

Uh, what is wrong with ZeroHedge?

150% increase in the market under Obama. But yay Trump for his 20% increase. Rofl!!!!

150% increase in the market under Obama. But yay Trump for his 20% increase. Rofl!!!!

You need to stop while you are still way behind on this.

Uh, what is wrong with ZeroHedge?

Nothing if you a conspiracy believing fool...so it's perfect for you.

You need to stop while you are still way behind on this.

Do you deny the rise that occurred during the Obama administration?

I mean...you all cheered for the last jobs report and everyone here said it was a good thing.

Did you all cheer the same months job report last year? Where the new job numbers were even higher?

No...you all whined that everything underObama was bad but with similar results now it's all great.

Nothing if you a conspiracy believing fool...so it's perfect for you.

Wow, you are a dummy.

Do you deny the rise that occurred during the Obama administration?

I mean...you all cheered for the last jobs report and everyone here said it was a good thing.

Did you all cheer the same months job report last year? Where the new job numbers were even higher?

No...you all whined that everything underObama was bad but with similar results now it's all great.

The problem you have is you want to look at all these things in a vacuum.

Obama's policies did not help businesses grow. Obama policies did not help the stock market. These things occurred despite Obama....not because of it.

I mean explain to me how increased taxes a healthcare plan that was horrible for small business and increased regulations were good things that promoted growth?

I mean I'm fine if you want to say that nothing Trump has enacted yet lends to this current market. But obviously what he's trying to do businesses and markets are responding to very favorably. That should tell you something.

Wow, you are a dummy.

Not at all...they are well known as a conspiracy believing site.

Its not a secret Im making up.l

The problem you have is you want to look at all these things in a vacuum.

Obama's policies did not help businesses grow. Obama policies did not help the stock market. These things occurred despite Obama....not because of it.

I mean explain to me how increased taxes a healthcare plan that was horrible for small business and increased regulations were good things that promoted growth?

I mean I'm fine if you want to say that nothing Trump has enacted yet lends to this current market. But obviously what he's trying to do businesses and markets are responding to very favorably. That should tell you something.

Not at all.

Why do you claim all those things happened despite him? Do you have any ounce of factual information to back that up?

How do you then explain economic and job growth following nearly the exact trends as previous years right now? While giving credit to Trump for that?

You seem to want to credit Trump for continued growth...but bash Obama for nearly identical numbers.

Why is that?

Dow ready to set record high for 9th consecutive day!

Market at all time high

Unemployment down

Workforce participation up

Jobless claims lowest in 28 years

Food Stamp use down 4%

$4 Trillion added to market value

Consumer confidence at 16 year high

Etc

Etc

Etc

Not at all.

Why do you claim all those things happened despite him? Do you have any ounce of factual information to back that up?

How do you then explain economic and job growth following nearly the exact trends as previous years right now? While giving credit to Trump for that?

You seem to want to credit Trump for continued growth...but bash Obama for nearly identical numbers.

Why is that?

Because I think it's hard to credit Obama when his policies don't promote the growth that occurred.

I mean there's something to the fact that Trump hasn't even acted anything policy-wise but the growth that the market has experienced since he won reflect and optimism that wasn't occurring under Obama. I mean how do you realistically explain the skyrocketing the market has done since Trump won?

Seems it's as much a message against Obama's policies as it is the optimism towards Trump.

Because I think it's hard to credit Obama when his policies don't promote the growth that occurred.

I mean there's something to the fact that Trump hasn't even acted anything policy-wise but the growth that the market has experienced since he won reflect and optimism that wasn't occurring under Obama. I mean how do you realistically explain the skyrocketing the market has done since Trump won?

Seems it's as much a message against Obama's policies as it is the optimism towards Trump.

See...you seem to claim his policies don't promote growth...you cite some that don't...and act as if that is all that was done during his time as President.

However...much of what he did, is still in place and the trends are pretty much right in line from then until now.

The growth in the market wasn't occuring? Its along the exact same trend line as under Obama...how can you claim it wasn't occuring? Consumer confidence has risen...the rest?

It has not skyrocketed...thats the point. Where did it skyrocket Cyclone? The rise is in a steady line where it already was trending up.

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/

Look at the 3 year graph (and 5 year for an even better view of the trend)...ups and downs...the rises at about the same level as it has this year. It ticked up at a pace after the election...after it had turned down. Id love going back further and see does that happen with each election? Was that Trump...or because of an end to a tumultuous election period? You seem to credit Trump with no real reasoning behind it.

Don't like CNN...how about this one?

http://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

You can see the dip in Oct that ticks up sharply about election time in 2012 as well. Nearly identical to what it did in 2016.

So how is a trend of a steady rise...some message against Obama's policies...many of which haven't actually changed?

Maybe it'll just keep going up? :lol:

I'm hoping he increases it 150% like Obama did. No one hopes for the economy to do bad.

I'm hoping he increases it 150% like Obama did. No one hopes for the economy to do bad.

So anything short of a 40,000 DOW is a failure by the Trump presidency?

I've never claimed anything was a failure. I said that the economy is doing great. Cool your jets, son. No one is criticizing the economy under Trump. You're just overly-sensitive to anything that might sound like it's giving Obama credit.

Nobody stated this...nor is anyone thinking it will keep going up or even stay at this level.

Thats not what is being discussed at all.

Sho: I look at that graph of the three-year and see it being pretty steady with a little growth at about 18,000 and then it just takes off in November.

And the market only looks forward it doesn't look backward so to credit Obama for things that are happening now when he hasn't been in office for eight months is a little silly. And just look at the numbers of the jobs. That's a big one to me. Last month alone they added 30,000 food-related jobs. Good paying jobs not part-time cashiers. That should tell you that the people feel like they can spend some money.

He added what? 200,000 jobs last month? And 150k of them were medium to large business. Those are good paying jobs.

Nobody stated this...nor is anyone thinking it will keep going up or even stay at this level.

Thats not what is being discussed at all.

Obama signs stimulus package economy has a pulse again

Economy starts to recover

Economy recovered

Trump a pro-business president is elected

Consumer confidence goes up

Stock market continues to grow

Pretty focking simple. Next.

Obama signs stimulus package economy has a pulse again

Economy starts to recover

Economy recovered

Trump a pro-business president is elected

Consumer confidence goes up

Stock market continues to grow

Pretty focking simple. Next.

Do you understand that the economy has been on the upswing for over seven years now? As the economy keeps improving, consumer confidence keeps improving. Everyone is delighted that the economy has been great and continues to be great. And I have yet to hear a single person say that Trump has nothing to do with it. The thing that I laugh at are the folks who are pretending that it just started doing great when Trump won the election. Or on inauguration day. The economy is a huge freight train that is moving along. And it's been moving along for years now. It turned around under Obama (which you reluctantly kind of admitted to, and he kept that going for almost seven years. It was still going great when he left office. As freight trains tend to do, it is difficult to stop once in motion. When I throw out stats like stating that there have been 83 straight months of economic growth, people do the math in their heads and realize that Trump has only been in office for 7 of them and they get defensive. Liberals are rooting for a good economy just as hard as Republicans are. And we're not afraid to give Trump his share of the credit. You guys should try it sometime. It'll make you look less like hacks.

Sho: I look at that graph of the three-year and see it being pretty steady with a little growth at about 18,000 and then it just takes off in November.

And the market only looks forward it doesn't look backward so to credit Obama for things that are happening now when he hasn't been in office for eight months is a little silly. And just look at the numbers of the jobs. That's a big one to me. Last month alone they added 30,000 food-related jobs. Good paying jobs not part-time cashiers. That should tell you that the people feel like they can spend some money.

He added what? 200,000 jobs last month? And 150k of them were medium to large business. Those are good paying jobs.

The market reflects both what they think will happen and what has happened.

And looking back further than 3 years...you see the same "take off" right after the 2012 election.

I credit what was going on during the Obama administration for the rise...the rise that has steadily continued today and credit what has gone on with the Trump administration for that rise continuing.

Pretty simple.

Sure...look at the number of jobs...how many were added in July 2016? obama was so bad on jobs...yet for the same month last year...the numbers were similar and even a slight bit better last year.

yet...obama bad...Trump good to you people.

You bashed Obama...yet praise Trump for the same growth.

Its laughable.

The market reflects both what they think will happen and what has happened.

And looking back further than 3 years...you see the same "take off" right after the 2012 election.

I credit what was going on during the Obama administration for the rise...the rise that has steadily continued today and credit what has gone on with the Trump administration for that rise continuing.

Pretty simple.

Sure...look at the number of jobs...how many were added in July 2016? obama was so bad on jobs...yet for the same month last year...the numbers were similar and even a slight bit better last year.

yet...obama bad...Trump good to you people.

You bashed Obama...yet praise Trump for the same growth.

Its laughable.

Differentiating the types of jobs is important. Because Democrats hid behind an unemployment number and supposed job growth. These were skewed by having really crappy jobs which of course affects unemployment.

This looks much better. Small business growth was down last month but the better paying jobs are climbing at a better rate than Obama had. I'm not saying Obama did a terrible job but you have to acknowledge all of these factors that are making the market and job growth and wage growth take off are directly tied to Trump. I'm not sure how you could see it any other way.

Differentiating the types of jobs is important. Because Democrats hid behind an unemployment number and supposed job growth. These were skewed by having really crappy jobs which of course affects unemployment.

This looks much better. Small business growth was down last month but the better paying jobs are climbing at a better rate than Obama had. I'm not saying Obama did a terrible job but you have to acknowledge all of these factors that are making the market and job growth and wage growth take off are directly tied to Trump. I'm not sure how you could see it any other way.

Just don't crawl under a rock if the economy turns. You're giving Trump more credit for 6 months of good figures than you do Obama for 7 years. And you're listing the reasons and saying the numbers are 'directly tied to Trump'. Stay consistent. If the numbers are directly tied to Trump and his policies, don't you dare turn into a kvnt and cower if things take a turn. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Just don't crawl under a rock if the economy turns. You're giving Trump more credit for 6 months of good figures than you do Obama for 7 years. And you're listing the reasons and saying the numbers are 'directly tied to Trump'. Stay consistent. If the numbers are directly tied to Trump and his policies, don't you dare turn into a kvnt and cower if things take a turn. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Absolutely. I will 100% fault him if he doesn't get tax reform through because he only has a little bit longer of this Confidence from the consumers and it will start to tank.

And again I'm not saying Obama did a bad job I'm just saying a lot of his policies don't really jive with job and market growth. Like I said increased taxes increased regulation and a health care policy that really hurt small businesses doesn't exactly lend itself to massive growth.

So you are going to claim these jobs are better jobs now?

Have anything to back that up comparing last July to this July?

FUN FACT: Even if Trump or any future administration manages to get every person over the age of 18 a job the unemployment will still be 0.00000000309598% because Sho.

• Like 1

Professional and business services led the way with 70,000 new positions, while health care rose 43,000 and Wall Street jobs increased by 18,000. Leisure and hospitality continued to be a big contributor to job growth, adding 45,000. Government added 38,000 to the total.

Job losses came in mining and logging (-7,000), while construction added 14,000 and manufacturing grew by 9,000.

Businesses with 50 to 499 employees led the way with 91,000, while large firms added 50,000. Small business, which has led job creation through much of the recovery, saw growth of just 17,000 for the month. Jobs overall tilted to full-time positions, which grew by 355,000, while part-time fell by 224,000.

Not major difference from 2016 to 2017.....but you can see the improvement from hospitality, food service jobs to medium and large full time businesses.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that a President with a 32% approval rating is leading the charge towards all this consumer confidence. With his healthcare bill failing at every turn and his tax reform seemingly stuck on the launch pad, coupled with the uncertainty of where this Mueller investigation is headed, I tend to believe the consumer confidence is a by product of the good numbers and they're just fueling each other. I think a President has the ability to screw up the economy more than he does to actually help it. But as to not be a hypocrite, I will stick with my original claim that Obama turned the economy around in 2009 and kept it going for the rest of his tenure and Trump has done a good job of keeping that going.