Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Dow hits 20,000

Regardless of predictions, you'd really have to be a special kind of stupid if you aren't hoping for continued success of the economy. I'm sure all Democrats (who have a bit of money saved/invested) are thrilled the economy is doing well under Trump and all Republicans were happy it did well under Obama. Although in neither case would they be willing to give credit to the President.

I was just pointing out the lies and scare tactics the Left uses to influence its gullible minions. It also shows that Obama was holding the economy back with his thousands of regulation on business. Trump has already reversed many of those regulation. Trump wins and the market breaks loose!

There will be an adjustment coming and the timing of that adjustment is what is important today.

nowhere to go but up? Look up the word depression.

I did.

I came up with a picture of newbie crying after his wife and kids left him. :dunno:

Dow powers to new record high on strong industrial earnings

Strong gains from industrial bellwethers Caterpillar and 3M helped power the Dow Jones Industrial Average to a new record high on Tuesday.

The blue -hip average tacked on as much as 193 points, or 0.8 per cent, in morning trading, to hit a new lifetime peak of 23,466.72.

The move comes just a week after the benchmark index crossed the 23,000 mark for the first time in its 121-year history

https://www.ft.com/content/ca5d4390-5b4b-3ed6-9662-6f923e04c465

A correction is coming?

I am starting to put stop-loss orders on some of my personal holdings. Of course a good tax reform bill will make this a moot point.

The Dow Jones industrial average and S&P 500 reached all-time highs on Wednesday as investors bet the U.S. economy's momentum would continue.

Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase were the best-performing stocks in the Dow, which jumped 100 points. The financials sector climbed 1 percent in early trade to lead the S&P 500, which traded 0.2 percent higher. The sector posted its best session since March 1 on Tuesday.

Dow closed up 331 points at 24,272

79 record closes and 6 thousand point barriers broken since the election.

First time in history 5 thousand point barriers were broken in one year.

Trump is giving us the recovery Obama could never deliver.

MAGA

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 140.46 points, or 0.57 percent, to 24,792.2, the S&P 500 gained 14.36 points, or 0.54 percent, to 2,690.17 and the Nasdaq Composite added 58.18 points, or 0.84 percent, to 6,994.76.

Besides the three indexes, the Nasdaq 100 .NDX and the S&P 100 .OEXA also hit record highs. The small-cap Russell 2000 rose 1.2 percent to a record closing high.

Dow sets yet another record, breaks 25,000 at 25,075.

Still no sign of a correction but it is coming.

Maybe if the Dems score big in 2018 and fock it all up.

boldest prediction ive ever heard

The Dow hit another record high, it is currently 26,435.

It is the 10th record high this year,

the 81 under President Trump,

the 98th since Trump was elected.

When is the correction coming and how big will it be?

Yeah, but Obama set it up. He put everything in place, just to be a nice guy. Remember folks....Hope and Change!!!

When is the correction coming and how big will it be?

You would think interest rates would be going up, but I've been thinking that for a while. Still really low.

You would think interest rates would be going up, but I've been thinking that for a while. Still really low.

Its coming, inflation is still low, we should be good through this year at least

Serious question about interest rates. How would an increase be expected to affect the stock market and retirement accounts? As someone with a savings account and no debt, I say raise rates as much as you want but not if it screws with my retirement.

Serious question about interest rates. How would an increase be expected to affect the stock market and retirement accounts? As someone with a savings account and no debt, I say raise rates as much as you want but not if it screws with my retirement.

Short answer is that it slows down the economy. Debt is more expensive which cuts profits and slows expansion and business investment. Lowers asset prices/values.

• Like 1

Short answer is that it slows down the economy. Debt is more expensive which cuts profits and slows expansion and business investment. Lowers asset prices/values.

Well fock that then.

:cheers: let it ride...

Oh yeah. Im not touching anything. I'm just maxing out retirement and rebalancing once or twice a year on the advice of the guy. That and a saving account is all I have making money for me. Wouldn't mind getting a few more dollars interest on the savings, but that will never match the potential of the retirement accounts.

Stock market having its worst week in two years, and the bored conservatives are predictably MIA from this thread. :cheers:

Stock market having its worst week in two years, and the bored conservatives are predictably MIA from this thread. :cheers:

Who else doesnt understand how the stock market works?

Holy fock. OMG it's down to ONLY 25,600. The sky is falling!!!!! :doh:

Who else doesnt understand how the stock market works?

Other than you? Im sure a lot of people.

Holy fock. OMG it's down to ONLY 25,600. The sky is falling!!!!! :doh:

You guys don't seem to have a problem finding this thread every time it has its best day or week. :dunno:

You guys don't seem to have a problem finding this thread every time it has its best day or week. :dunno:

The market will always go down to some extent. it has been at 25,600 before. If it hits 27k it's notable because that is uncharted territory. Get it yet? :dunno:

• Like 1

The market will always go down to some extent. it has been at 25,600 before. If it hits 27k it's notable because that is uncharted territory. Get it yet? :dunno:

As I keep repeating, I'm just providing a little perspective. Not sure what you're not understanding. Don't shoot the messenger.

There was a guy who posts here who said it was a good idea to get out before the memo was released. The market doesn't like to see our government under a cloud.

Ive been talking about a correction for weeks but I am not sure this is it. The only thing that really matters is what we do with our own money.

As I keep repeating, I'm just providing a little perspective. Not sure what you're not understanding. Don't shoot the messenger.

Good job man, way to keep us all honest. Hopefully America is prepared to take this kind of hit, 25,500 can be very scary territory.

:thumbsup: