Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Ed Werder gets the AXE at ESPN - up to 100 more cuts to come

Can we throw in Black Fashion (THERE's an oxymoron) and all the other stupid shiit too?

"Jemele, Cam Newton wore a turquoise hat with an orange suit - En Flique or 'Doin Too Much'?"

"Oooh Michael Yous so SiLLY - Let a Brother espress hisself! Why you gonna be hatin?"

This is pretty much an actual representation of EVERY episode found on ESPN day time these days.

if you don't like that you are racist

Is ESPN doing what MTV did?

Saying the heck with it and tailoring their message to the urban American crowd?

And did that work for MTV (that's a serious question)

Is ESPN doing what MTV did?

Saying the heck with it and tailoring their message to the urban American crowd?

And did that work for MTV (that's a serious question)

I read the press release from the president of ESPN. In short, it sure sounds that way. Rather than focusing on you know Sports, direct quote they want to focus on personality-driven content.

Meaning, it's all about the messenger, not the message.

And, since race-baiting f*** sticks like Stephen Smith get and, since race bathing f*** sticks like Stephen Smith get the biggest ratings over there you do the math.

Honestly, they have been following the Cable News Network model fot years now. First they copied have five or six people yelling at each other at the same time format.

Now, just like the news networks, they push actual news stories and scores and things to their website and use their Network for commentary and quote personality driven content.

No different then Anderson Cooper or Bill O'Reilly or Rachel Maddow.

It's a total f****** accident if you actually get some kind of news from those Networks. Now, I guess you'll have to rely on the scroll.

Someone here once made a comment about Bomani Jones and how he leaves his mouth open after every comment. I cant watch him any more without cracking up

That was me.

SC6 is terrible. Just watch the intro without rolling your eyes. I dare you.

I love PTI. They better not mess with that.

Is there a sports show that only show the scores and highlights anymore?

PTI was completely organic. 2 sportswriters doing on TV what they were doing in the newsroom for 20 years prior. Most of the other shows are contrived toward a specific audience and unwatchable.

Damn, looks like ESPN is going to be back in the black soon with all the money saved.

Irony

That was me.

SC6 is terrible. Just watch the intro without rolling your eyes. I dare you.

That is a show that they should cancel... Kornheiser and Wilbon are so full of themselves...

• Like 1

That is a show that they should cancel... Kornheiser and Wilbon are so full of themselves...

I agree, that show is horrible as well. Not as bad as Dan LeRetard, but still.

I'm working from home today and with all this talk decided to put on ESPN and ESPN2 in the background.

Mike and Mike: love them or hate them are really good at what they do. I actually enjoyed that show.

First Take: Unwatchable. Stephen A. Smith is good as a reporter, or a guest to offer opinion. But to much of him wears on you. He's great in spurts. Max Kellerman is awful. How he survived the cuts is a miracle.

Just an observation.

Three of the four shows I've seen has a rap song as the lead up theme song for the show.

And All three SC anchors have been minority women,

Again just an observation. Because this black chick on now is hawt and really good.