Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Is there anyone who doesn't hope Lonzo Ball is a total bust?

You have no idea what you're talking about. What's his gross margin on that shoe? Any idea? Let's start with that if you can.

Now, what's Nike's gross margin on the LeBron?

Get back to me me when you have some real comparable data.

What's Nikes cut?

• Like 1

You are really the only one in this thread without perspective.

Curry sales represents only a small % of their total $4.4B in total sales.

Wanting Ball to succeed is fine, but you're way off base and I'm done trying to convince you otherwise.

What do you do again? Because I am actually an online marketing director for a multi million dollar company. Just saying.

Thats one side of it, on the other if you are outsourcing the entire manufacturing process you don't know the cost structure or how much volume he needs to break even. If he is putting the risk on the manufacturer they are going to take alot of the upside.

I find it hard to believe he will guarantee a run of say 10,000 pairs of shoes, and eat the difference if it blows up...

Those pieces of sh!t are made in China, look at them, they are paying pennies on the dollar. Not only do I think it will clear 100,000 in total sales by the end of the year, I think they clear 250,000.

I'll set a reminder in my phone just like I did for edjr and the Pats sweeping Miami this year. I'll set the reminder for January 1st. Get ready for the "I told you so's".

Think of all the other factors that UA has to deal with that BBB doesn't. He doesn't need to sell a fraction of it.

This is exactly how economies of scale work, except the opposite. :thumbsup:

Those pieces of sh!t are made in China, look at them, they are paying pennies on the dollar. Not only do I think it will clear 100,000 in total sales by the end of the year, I think it will pay 250,000.

I'll set a reminder in my phone just like I did for edjr and the Pats sweeping Miami this year. I'll send the reminder for January 1st. Get ready for the "I told you so's".

I'm sure they are, but setting up a specialized production run has upfront cost. Someone is guaranteeing a certain inital volume. Dirtbag is probably guaranteeing it with lonzo's first contract.

I'm sure they are, but setting up a specialized production run has upfront cost. Someone is guaranteeing a certain inital volume. Dirtbag is probably guaranteeing it with lonzo's first contract.

Looking at their website, product design, materials, etc... even if they had everything outsourced the cost they have into it probably aren't much more than 250k-350k.

What do you do again? Because I am actually an online marketing director for a multi million dollar company. Just saying.

Do you happen to be the firm who advised the dad? Seems like he may have taken advice from a $40/year marketing apprentice.

I own and operate a retail store.

As I said before, I used to work for Nike.

As I also said before, I would love to see an upstart do well in this industry. But based on initial results, I'd put my money on something other than this clownshow empire.

Michael Bennett's take on it;

@crader76 @Lavarbigballer Giving his kids a chance to be owners and not a slave to the system not one player gets stock in Nike this is his company a lot different

Yeah, those poor "slaves" to this system, being paid $10's or $100's of millions for putting their name on a focking shoe. And I would think getting stock in lieu of money would be negotiable for any athlete with sufficient clout. Like Brady for instance...

That deal paid Brady with shares in the company, instead of the more traditional annual income. And now, as Under Armour sees unprecedented success with its basketball, golf and training apparel lines, Brady's assets in the company are growing as well.
As The Big Lead detailed, Brady's stock in Under Armour has grown by nearly 800 percent since 2010.
Also, last time I checked, Nike was publicly traded company. :dunno:

Those pieces of sh!t are made in China, look at them, they are paying pennies on the dollar. Not only do I think it will clear 100,000 in total sales by the end of the year, I think they clear 250,000.

I'll set a reminder in my phone just like I did for edjr and the Pats sweeping Miami this year. I'll set the reminder for January 1st. Get ready for the "I told you so's".

Where do you think Nike and UA make their shoes?

You think Ball gets a better deal on child labor than the Titans of the industry?

Where do you think Nike and UA make their shoes?

You think Ball gets a better deal on child labor than the Titans of the industry?

China. But they get them from a much better manufacturer I am sure. Just because it is from China doesn't mean it is cheap, China just offers the cheapest of the cheap.

I don't think they have enough employees to even worry about that at this point. Probably under 50 and don't even need to pay employee insurance.

The stage is set, everyone has voiced their opinions lets touch back up on this in a few months and see what happens.

Looking at their website, product design, materials, etc... even if they had everything outsourced the cost they have into it probably aren't much more than 250k-350k.

My guess is that they have to hit a certain # of presale for them to even bother with a production run. if they don't meet it, they lose some sort of deposit, and they return all the money back to people.

I pulled up their webpage and there is a typo in the description of their signature shoe. lol... Sounds like they could use an online marketing director with some pedigree.

They'll need to average about 1000 units per day from now til the end of the year to hit 250K.

Put me on your reminder list as well.

My guess is that they have to hit a certain # of presale for them to even bother with a production run. if they don't meet it, they lose some sort of deposit, and they return all the money back to people.

I pulled up their webpage and there is a typo in the description of their signature shoe. lol... Sounds like they could use an online marketing director with some pedigree.

They used Shopify as their website platform. These guys almost have no money into this except for materials.

They'll need to average about 1000 units per day from now til the end of the year to hit 250K.

Put me on your reminder list as well.

Okay will do I will add you to the great reminder list of iam90sbaby.

And what do you think they will sell by Jan 1st? Just for comparison purposes.

And I don't want to get hit with a BS technicality. This is the amount of his signature shoe that he sells and nothing else correct?

What's Nikes cut?

Margins vary for each shoe, but to determine real success in the basketball shoe biz, it's best to look at an overall blended margin.

What I mean is that signature shoes drive both traffic and sales. But, not everyone can afford the signature shoes, and end up settling for something more basic and affordable. People come in to Niketown because their kid wants Air Jordan's. But, they often end up walking out with team Jordan's or another basketball shoe entirely.

This chart shows some margin numbers that can be applied across the board. But they don't neccessarily take endorsement and marketing for individual shoes into account.

https://solecollector.com/news/2014/12/how-much-it-costs-nike-to-make-a-100-shoe

Okay will do I will add you to the great reminder list of iam90sbaby.

And what do you think they will sell by Jan 1st? Just for comparison purposes.

And I don't want to get hit with a BS technicality. This is the amount of his signature shoe that he sells and nothing else correct?

I don't know. I'm not trying to predict a number here. But, I do believe it will be less than 250K units.

Margins vary for each shoe, but to determine real success in the basketball shoe biz, it's best to look at an overall blended margin.

What I mean is that signature shoes drive both traffic and sales. But, not everyone can afford the signature shoes, and end up settling for something more basic and affordable. People come in to Niketown because their kid wants Air Jordan's. But, they often end up walking out with team Jordan's or another basketball shoe entirely.

This chart shows some margin numbers that can be applied across the board. But they don't neccessarily take endorsement and marketing for individual shoes into account.

https://solecollector.com/news/2014/12/how-much-it-costs-nike-to-make-a-100-shoe

Well I guarantee you BBB is making more than a 9% profit and their expenses are no where near those percentages. Thanks for proving my point again.

I don't know. I'm not trying to predict a number here. But, I do believe it will be less than 250K units.

Oh okay. That is very insightful of you.

Well I guarantee you BBB is making more than a 9% profit and their expenses are no where near those percentages. Thanks for proving my point again.

Oh okay. That is very insightful of you.

And how exactly are you going to guarantee that?

By using their already proven to be fudged sales numbers?

Seriously, get a grip and stop being a such a pr!ck.

There's no reason for it.

And those numbers are for sales to retailers like foot locker, etc.

Profits on shoes sold directly on line or through Niketown are higher.

Why are you talking about a profit % when they have barely generated enough revenue to cover their minimum startup/development costs as estimated by you? :blink:

Which highlights the biggest disadvantage ball faces. Nike et al are in stores worldwide. He isn't.

If he was smart he'd be selling them in china hard. They love the NBA, ugly flashy crap, and conspicuous consumption.

So yesterday, someone asked Lavar Ball why Michael Jordan doesn't charge $495 for his sneakers. Ball's response "Because he ain't Lonzo Ball, that's why. Did he have his own brand coming in?"

:doh: :rolleyes:

So yesterday, someone asked Lavar Ball why Michael Jordan doesn't charge $495 for his sneakers. Ball's response "Because he ain't Lonzo Ball, that's why. Did he have his own brand coming in?"

:doh: :rolleyes:

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

It's true, Lonzo has Big Baller Brand. Although a third string point guard out of Texas-Abeline Christian's father could start a brand and name it after him too. It's not an accomplishment when that 'brand; is a joke.

Why are you talking about a profit % when they have barely generated enough revenue to cover their minimum startup/development costs as estimated by you? :blink:

ROI is based on a years timeframe.

Is he up to 500 sold yet? :clap:

Nope, and he still made more than the company you work for yesterday probably.

Nope, and he still made more than the company you work for yesterday probably.

He hasn't even broken even at that rate. You are so clueless. Thank God you're just a young punk. You may end up less dumb some day. :doh:

Id like to see him succeed and kick dad to the curb, that would be awesome

ROI is based on a years timeframe.

So we agree, he's not "making" a profit at this point, or likely anywhere near it.

Also, "profit" is overrated. The key for a startup is cashflow. Profit is on paper, cashflow is money in the pocket. Of course cashflow probably isn't as key for Lavar as it would be for most because he's most likely leveraging it against his kid's NBA payday.

If you count the right and the left shoe, they just doubled their sales. B)

• Like 1

I wonder if they paid him to buy the shoes and post that.

Hmm, we'll have to check with our resident 40k/year marketing genius. iam90sbaby, is this good strategy?

Hmm, we'll have to check with our resident 40k/year marketing genius. iam90sbaby, is this good strategy?

It is decent influencer marketing, there are a lot of other players I would have probably gone with but Crawford was probably relatively cheap. They likely had him post with a $200 up-charge so when they go to the website and see the actual price it isn't as overwhelming. I'll have to get back with you though for more details, I'm actually on the way to Orlando International to fly to Europe for my vacation, gonna get some serious poon. Remember those days? Cya a$$holes in a week.