39 minutes ago, vomit said:

More millennials own cryptocurrencies than own stocks. And 28% of millennials say they are planning to rely on their cryptocurrencies to support them in retirement, a survey found.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/millennials-have-solved-the-retirement-crisis-11649199310?link=sfmw_tw

smh

I don't find that very surprising at all.

On 4/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, Djgb13 said:

You ain’t invested in Sh1t besides coupons to the piggly wiggly loser :lol: 

Oh snap! 💥. Lol

The SEC is going after exchanges and interest-giving sites.

I keep a lot of my crypto in Celsius Network and I just got an email that said any new deposits won't collect APY. Unless... you're an accredited investor. So I had to submit a bunch of papers to get accredited.

This is so dumb because all they are doing is pushing people away from good companies who are trying to do it right and into the world of defi and shady wallets.

40 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The SEC is going after exchanges and interest-giving sites.

I keep a lot of my crypto in Celsius Network and I just got an email that said any new deposits won't collect APY. Unless... you're an accredited investor. So I had to submit a bunch of papers to get accredited.

This is so dumb because all they are doing is pushing people away from good companies who are trying to do it right and into the world of defi and shady wallets.

Defi > Exchange 

Keeping your crypto on an exchange literally defeats the purpose of crypto which is decentralization. Those exchanges were cutting people off from their crypto in Russia simply because they were Russian. No one should be able to cut you off from your crypto/money like that. Coinbase and Binance were both guilty of this I believe. Defi is the way, plus the APY is better.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Defi > Exchange 

Keeping your crypto on an exchange literally defeats the purpose of crypto which is decentralization. Those exchanges were cutting people off from their crypto in Russia simply because they were Russian. No one should be able to cut you off from your crypto/money like that. Coinbase and Binance were both guilty of this I believe. Defi is the way, plus the APY is better.

I don't disagree and I have a lot going on in Defi. but when it comes to the amount of crypto I have It's either going on a site I absolutely trust or cold storage.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't disagree and I have a lot going on in Defi. but when it comes to the amount of crypto I have It's either going on a site I absolutely trust or cold storage.

You looked into Keplr/Osmosis?

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

You looked into Keplr/Osmosis?

Nope right now I have liquidity pairs in thetaswap, shibaswap and Maiar exchange.

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Nope right now I have liquidity pairs in thetaswap, shibaswap and Maiar exchange.

You should seriously look into Keplr / Osmosis if you're into staking / liquidity pools.

is this a game changer?

what's it even mean?

what is Blockchain.com?

I'm getting the feeling the crypto conversation will turn out to be like bennie babies.  I'm beginning to trust it less and less.

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I'm getting the feeling the crypto conversation will turn out to be like bennie babies.  I'm beginning to trust it less and less.

There are alot of sh!t meme coins, that's why you should actually research projects before you invest.

I mean the people in the 90s that were smart and bought these Beanie Babies:

https://www.workandmoney.com/s/most-valuable-beanie-babies-e902756fef944af

Made 1000%+ profit.  Yeah your 90s soccer mom that bought every beanie baby she could got focked, sure.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yeah there are alot of sh!t meme coins, that's why you should actually research projects before you invest.

Made 1000%+ profit.  Yeah your 90s soccer mom that bought every beanie baby she could got focked, sure.

I'm just not certain the influx of money from the Covid handouts won't come home to roost.  I expect the crypto market to shake out a lot of value.  Imagine if all this new found wealth found its way into circulation in the form of buying goods or services - inflation would be a lot worse.  The raising of interest rates is to tame the markets/economy, not create more wealth. 

14 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

is this a game changer?

what's it even mean?

what is Blockchain.com?

Not a gamechanger, it's a PR move.

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Partner at the firm I used to work at stopped by the other day.  He's selling his mom's beanie babies for $2k - $10k each on eBAy.  I thought he was joking at first, but he was serious.  He's got $200k worth of beanie babies.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Partner at the firm I used to work at stopped by the other day.  He's selling his mom's beanie babies for $2k - $10k each on eBAy.  I thought he was joking at first, but he was serious.  He's got $200k worth of beanie babies.

Told ya.

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

is this a game changer?

what's it even mean?

what is Blockchain.com?

I think it just means Blockchain.com is now a sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think it just means Blockchain.com is now a sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.

Yeah, but since the Cowboys are SOOOOO visable / popular, it brings it even further into the mainstream.

I don't know enough about Crypto to possibly invest or move the existing funds into blockchain

I must have seen that Matt Damon commercial saying you need to by crypto to be like an explorer or something 100 times, but I guess more branding couldn't hurt.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I must have seen that Matt Damon commercial saying you need to by crypto to be like an explorer or something 100 times, but I guess more branding couldn't hurt.

"Fortune favors the brave" is a great marketing tool to bring new money in to the bottom of the pyramid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

is this a game changer?

what's it even mean?

what is Blockchain.com?

It's like when a bank partners with a pro sports team. Lots of branding and promotions. They might help the cowboys make NFTs and offer services like paying in crypto.

Not really a big deal other than making crypto more mainstream.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

There are alot of sh!t meme coins, that's why you should actually research projects before you invest.

Never forget there's a lot of sh1t currency too.

9 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Here you go

I'm getting more and more into yield farming. The rates are just too good.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

They 100% vote liberal.

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm getting more and more into yield farming. The rates are just too good.

Keplr man. Check it out.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Keplr man. Check it out.

I'm already in the Elrond and Theta ecosystem. It's hard to move especially since I wanted to consolidate my holdings this year.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Jack Mallers announced at the Miami Bitcoin conference that Strike has partnered with Shopify, Blackhawk, and NCR. Bitcoin will now be accepted as payment in most major retailers across the country. This includes retailers like Walmart, McDonalds, Chipotle, CVS etc.

I'm going to remind you guys that buying bitcoin now is like buying a piece of the internet in its early stages. Bitcoin is the internet of money and all money will run on the bitcoin network eventually.

I thought he was going to announce a partnership with Apple. This is so much bigger. This is MASSIVE

Also, you will be able to upload your bitcoin in retailers without kyc as long as you use the proper wallet. Wow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ninabambysheva/2022/04/07/strike-announces-shopify-integration-partnerships-with-ncr-and-blackhawk-bringing-bitcoin-lighting-payments-to-major-merchants/amp/

Down 20% since this MASSIVE news :lol:

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Good. I keep buying.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Good. I keep buying.

Smart people get rich dumb people freak out 

Fill that bag and HODL

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

First time?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Smart people get rich dumb people freak out 

Fill that bag and HODL

Bought 1k in btc eth and shib today when I saw the dip. I just keep DCAing every week.

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Bought 1k in btc eth and shib today when I saw the dip. I just keep DCAing every week.

DCA is the way. 

56 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What is your average price for btc and eth?

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What is your average price for btc and eth?

28k and 450

• Thanks 1