I'm going to be lucky to get pennies on the dollar for my assets.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Not your keys not your crypto

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

FTFY

That really does suck, sorry man. Does your account still show a balance?

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That really does suck, sorry man. Does your account still show a balance?

Yeah but that's just a spreadsheet

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah but that's just a spreadsheet

You didn't have everything in Celsius right?

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

You didn't have everything in Celsius right?

85% of all my crypto

The other 15% was in Voyager but I got it out in time.

Ooof..

sorry to hear that man. 

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

85% of all my crypto

The other 15% was in Voyager but I got it out in time.

That blows. I lost a ton on Yieldy one time, but nothing like you did 

Why didn't you just keep it in CB or Crypto.com App?

CB has basically been there since day 1, multiple crashes, still thriving 

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That blows. I lost a ton on Yieldy one time, but nothing like you did 

Why didn't you just keep it in CB or Crypto.com App?

CB has basically been there since day 1, multiple crashes, still thriving 

I had some in CDC, Kraken, Binance and as I said, Voyager 

I took everything off those exchanges into cold storage once celsius locked my crypto.

So why did I the most of my crypto in Celsius? Well because they said they were staking on chain, providing loans to people who put up collateral, and building other sources of revenue. I believed they were doing it right. I even moved 2 BTC from blockfi to Celsius because I thought blockfi was in trouble.

Was I wrong about crypto? No... I just picked two companies who focked me.

Hope it wasn't a large % of your net worth.

I loaded up on 1964 Kennedy 1/2 dollars in 2017. Average cost $6.70 

For a while, it looked like it might be a good hedge against inflation. From mid 2020, through early 2022, they were selling between $12 & $13 

Silver has cratered from just under $26 an ounce in March, down to around $19 & singles are selling for around $10 & $9 in large lots

Gold, supposedly the ultimate inflation hedge, has dropped from a little over 2K in March 2021 to around $1700 

Weird

24 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Hope it wasn't a large % of your net worth.

It was

But nothing about my life changes

9 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I took everything off those exchanges into cold storage once celsius locked my crypto.

So why did I the most of my crypto in Celsius? Well because they said they were staking on chain, providing loans to people who put up collateral, and building other sources of revenue. I believed they were doing it right. I even moved 2 BTC from blockfi to Celsius because I thought blockfi was in trouble.

So what's the move now?

22 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

So what's the move now?

I'm gonna call a bankruptcy lawyer, but unfortunately, I don't expect much. my claim puts me at the back of the line.

I just bought more BTC today.

• Like 1

Sucks for you cdub but at least you didn't need any of that money.

I feel bad for the people that were duped into putting their life savings into this sh1t and have had their lives destroyed.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:55 PM, Cdub100 said:

It gets old watching you clutter up this thread with your stupid post. You are 100% wrong about crypto. You bumping a post from 2017 proves how wrong you are, but you're too focking retarded to understand how dumb you look right now.

Go back to defending pedos. 

😶

9 minutes ago, vomit said:

😶

This sucks on so many levels for the very real people involved. Even if you disagree with someone on the internet you should have compassion for them.

Anytime there is a downturn that hits a specific market you need to realize that it hurts families.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

This sucks on so many levels for the very real people involved. Even if you disagree with someone on the internet you should have compassion for them.

Anytime there is a downturn that hits a specific market you need to realize that it hurts families. can hurt families if you are greedy.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Cdub was being greedy. He wasn't investing in liquidity pools on DeFi or anything. He was investing in legitimate coins with real use cases, he just got focked by Celsius.

On 10/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, Cdub100 said:

I wish I was smart like gutter and sold back in June :(

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with mo money, mo problems.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, Cdub100 said:

I probably should take profit, but I've decided my long-term strategy is to hold and collect interest on my cryptos. At some point (IF) I need some money I would take a loan against my crypto assets. That way I'm not paying taxes on profit, I still own my assets and continue to capture the growth.

The other reason I don't sell is crypto is traded 24/7/365. It moves so fast and so explosively by the time I'm ready buy/sell I may have missed the pump. So I don't even play that game. I just wait. I absolutely lose out in some ways by not trading, but long term, for me, it's the best strategy (for me).

Every Monday morning I go through all my accounts and update my tracker. I love clicking the transfer button and seeing I'm getting closer and closer to replacing my weekly salary with crypto interest payments.

God bless those of you who trade. It's just not for me.

It was so easy when money was given out like monkey pox at a LBGTQ+ convention.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Anytime there is a downturn that hits a specific market you need to realize that it hurts families.

Absolutely.  See my post above, and posts earlier, I feel terrible for the people who lost everything here.  Lives were destroyed, it's terrible.  But it's also a learning moment.  It could have all been avoided.  The grifters need to be held accountable, and regular people who were duped need to learn to be more careful and have some more humility.

It may not be a Ponzi scheme, but it sure played out like one.  I hope the owners of these entities go to jail.

38 minutes ago, nobody said:

It may not be a Ponzi scheme, but it sure played out like one.  I hope the owners of these entities go to jail.

It will be interesting to see if any of these guys are prosecuted, also interesting to see if the crypto bros turn on them.

So going forward. Stick with coins that have a market cap of at least 1b, reputable exchanges that don't over promise. If you don't understand where the yield comes from that means you're the yield.

29 minutes ago, vomit said:

It will be interesting to see if any of these guys are prosecuted, also interesting to see if the crypto bros turn on them.

This turned me into a BTC ETH maxi for sure. I'll never mess around with another alt coin again.

27 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

This turned me into a BTC ETH maxi for sure. I'll never mess around with another alt coin again.

It's not the crypto. It's the company.

And I was not being greedy. I didn't have any of those crazy 20% APY earning crypto. I wasn't defi farming (I do have 1k defi farming on the EGLD network) etc.. I had my crypto in a company I thought could be trusted earning yield less than many others were giving.

I didn't hold my keys, I didn't spread my crypto around enough. It is what it is. I'll rebuild.

I said before if everything went to zero nothing about life changes. And nothing will change.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

It's not the crypto. It's the company.

And I was not being greedy. I didn't have any of those crazy 20% APY earning crypto. I wasn't defi farming (I do have 1k defi farming on the EGLD network) etc.. I had my crypto in a company I thought could be trusted earning yield less than many others were giving.

I didn't hold my keys, I didn't spread my crypto around enough. It is what it is. I'll rebuild.

I said before if everything went to zero nothing about life changes. And nothing will change.

I was talking about what happened with Terra a month or two ago. I swore off altcoins after that happened. Hopefully this is the last of the bad news and we can go on another bull run soon.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I was talking about what happened with Terra a month or two ago. I swore off altcoins after that happened. Hopefully this is the last of the bad news and we can go on another bull run soon.

Yeah I only used USDC. I know tether gets a lot of sh1t but I'll be damned if they made it through this storm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

God focking damnit!.  Sorry man. 

• Like 1

Doing some reading at best I can hope for 50% of my crypto returned when they finish going through Chap 11. I'm going with I get nothing.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, nobody said:

https://watcher.guru/news/celsius-439-million-debtor-revealed-to-be-equitiesfirst?c=736

Class action suit against Celsius claiming it's a ponzi scheme.  It absolutely was, and it was obvious to anyone with a minor in finance 

You can buy Disney on the dip. It’s a big dip. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, nobody said:

kind of a wild wild west when you're dealing with such an unregulated space. 

If anyone's looking to buy a lottery ticket stock, I give you National CineMedia, Inc. (NCMI)
National CineMedia, Inc., through its subsidiary, National CineMedia, LLC, operates cinema advertising network in North America. It engages in the sale of advertising to national, regional, and local businesses in Noovie, a cinema advertising and entertainment pre-show seen on movie screens; and sells advertising on its Lobby Entertainment Network, a series of strategically-placed screens located in movie theater lobbies, as well as other forms of advertising and promotions in theatre lobbies. 

Full disclosure: I own approximately 2500 shares split among a taxable account, IRA & HSA. My average cost is around $2.25 so I'm underwater.
I'm not pimping it. Those 2500 shares only account for 0.35% of the total portfolio so whichever way it goes, won't make much of a difference for me.
They cut their dividend sometime in 2020, but only by 1/2. They could eliminate it @ anytime, but right now the yield is over 12%

Another concern is the NASDAQ listing requirements. 
If a company trades for 30 consecutive business days below the $1.00 minimum closing bid price requirement, Nasdaq will send a deficiency notice to the company, advising that it has been afforded a "compliance period" of 180 calendar days to regain compliance with the applicable requirements.

The last day it closed above $1.00 share was June 27th.

Another issue for all movie theater related stocks is streaming.

I don't subscribe to any stock analysts. I like to use simple bar charts for things like revenues, earnings, etc.
They cut through the fluff, & unlike people, have no emotions. (they can't lie)

As you’ll see on the revenue chart in the link, Corona has been brutal for this company. (hold pointer over individual bars to see figures)
Revenues bottomed out in Q1 2021, & have shown sequential growth since. 
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NCMI/national-cinemedia/revenue

They still have a long ways to go to reach the revenue levels of 2019, but it looks like they’re on the right path.

I’ll repeat that this is a lottery ticket stock, & I'm not recommending it to anyone.  
*If you decide to purchase shares, don't invest more than you can afford to lose*

14 minutes ago, vomit said:

Putin bans crypto payments in russia

My boy made a mistake. Although He probably thinks it will force people to use the ruble

If he thinks NATO is an existential issue, I'm sure he thinks crypto is as well.

2 hours ago, vomit said:

Coinbase could be next to fall

ZyCrypto: Is Crypto Exchange Coinbase The Next To Go Under? Here’s What’s Going On.

https://zycrypto.com/is-crypto-exchange-coinbase-the-next-to-go-under-heres-whats-going-on/

Yeah that's FUD, guaranteed Coinbase isn't going anywhere. 

Crypto.com, Coinbase, Binance and Poloniex will always be around.