7 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am sure you didn't sell. it will come back. Don't sue me if not though :cheers: 

His money got stolen

A little update on bitcoin

The lightning network is going to facilitate an entirely decentralized app building platform. Bitcoin isn't just money, it's going to be the biggest advancement in technology that we have seen since the internet. It will be money and so much more.

Even if you don't think it should be considered money, you should respect the decentralized app structure that is being created.

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

A little update on bitcoin

The lightning network is going to facilitate an entirely decentralized app building platform. Bitcoin isn't just money, it's going to be the biggest advancement in technology that we have seen since the internet. It will be money and so much more.

Even if you don't think it should be considered money, you should respect the decentralized app structure that is being created.

Ha, like you are an authority.

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Ha, like you are an authority.

Not many people are looking into it. There are maybe two other people on this site who know about the branching off of bitcoin uses.

If I went back in time and tried telling everyone about Apple before it was obvious, I bet I would get the same responses.

While I'm no authority, I consume a lot of bitcoin info. It's a good portion of my day.

27 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Not many people are looking into it. There are maybe two other people on this site who know about the branching off of bitcoin uses.

If I went back in time and tried telling everyone about Apple before it was obvious, I bet I would get the same responses.

While I'm no authority, I consume a lot of bitcoin info. It's a good portion of my day.

Yeah but since you've been wrong about so much, you can understand why people are skeptical, right?

9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yeah but since you've been wrong about so much, you can understand why people are skeptical, right?

Skeptical that people are building decentralized protocols on top of bitcoin? Go look it up yourself

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Skeptical that people are building decentralized protocols on top of bitcoin? Go look it up yourself

No, skeptical you of repeatedly saying that Bitcoin will be the greatest thing ever since the start of the internet.

8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No, skeptical you of repeatedly saying that Bitcoin will be the greatest thing ever since the start of the internet.

I'm not wrong. It's the only money that isn't censorable. I can't predict short term price action, that's it. Bitcoin builders build slowly. It will take time, but it's coming. Buying bitcoin now is like buying into one of these giant tech companies in the early stages.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maybe if you explain why a decentralized app development platform built on the lightning network is such a game changer.  For instance,

1. How is it better than current app building platforms? 
  2. What unique advantage are they bringing that isn't easily replicated?  Is it cheaper or something? 
  3. I assume when you say app building platform, you're talking about blockchain apps.  If so, how is this new?  Don't all Blockchain technologies have APIs to build apps?  

Crypto is a scam. The rich investors need useful idiots to buy into it to keep it going. Luckily for them, there’s a sucker born every minute.

Scroll through this site for a while if you’re considering buying into the hype:

https://web3isgoinggreat.com

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Any crypto bulls have an update as to what’s happening in crypto land?

Just wait, crypto bout to pop off any day now.  $1M by next year.

34 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Any crypto bulls have an update as to what’s happening in crypto land?

FTX CEO was trying to go behind everyone's back and create legislation that primarily benefited them.

There was a report FTX/Alameda Reserch had a hole in their balance sheet

Binance didn't like any of that and told the world they were selling the FTX token (FTT) they held which was a lot

A bank run started happening on FTX and they didn't have enough liquidity to meet customer demands.

Binance now has an agreement to purchase FTX.

This all happened in a span of 3 days

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

FTX CEO was trying to go behind everyone's back and create legislation that primarily benefited them.

There was a report FTX/Alameda Reserch had a hole in their balance sheet

Binance didn't like any of that and told the world they were selling the FTX token (FTT) they held which was a lot

A bank run started happening on FTX and they didn't have enough liquidity to meet customer demands.

Binance now has an agreement to purchase FTX.

This all happened in a span of 3 days

This all just screams BUY!  This will be your last chance to get in before everything skyrockets.

Rumor is Binance is going to back out of the FTX deal after seeing their balance sheet.

Nobody knows what this means for Voyager who is in Chapter 11. FTX was supposed to be buying it, but it's looking like that deal has fallen apart.

Celsius is still in the air and it's looking like there won't be a reorg and they will begin to sell off their assets.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I have really consolidated my asset holdings. AND I keep my stuff on my ledger.

It's like 2018 all over again. Just keep DCAing.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Rumor is Binance is going to back out of the FTX deal after seeing their balance sheet.

Nobody knows what this means for Voyager who is in Chapter 11. FTX was supposed to be buying it, but it's looking like that deal has fallen apart.

Celsius is still in the air and it's looking like there won't be a reorg and they will begin to sell off their assets.

Binance backed out. 

Bitturd shitting all over the place.

Made some $ on MARA on its run to 15+. Unfortunately sold there and bought back at 13 + only to sell at 10 and lose about 1/2 of my winnings.

I'll be back at that table.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I have really consolidated my asset holdings. AND I keep my stuff on my ledger.

It's like 2018 all over again. Just keep DCAing.

Man you're gonna be so rich.  Way to go.

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Maybe, maybe not. but I'm betting on Bitcoin long-term. It's okay to have your fun. I don't mind.

The CEO of FTX was Bidens second biggest individual contributor. Lol. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Maybe, maybe not. but I'm betting on Bitcoin long-term. It's okay to have your fun. I don't mind.

I know the basics of how it works. But where would you recommend I start if i wanted to buy a couple bitcoin.  I missed the last crash and i am not missing this one.

I only would buy them to keep locally in a fire proof safe. I do not want to use online storage.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I know the basics of how it works. But where would you recommend I start if i wanted to buy a couple bitcoin.  I missed the last crash and i am not missing this one.

I only would buy them to keep locally in a fire proof safe. I do not want to use online storage.

Get a ledger https://www.ledger.com/

The recovery phrase is what's important not the ledger it self so you want to keep those words in a safe spot. The ledger itself could be destroyed so long as you have your recovery phrase you can retrieve your coins.

Then I would buy on https://www.binance.us/ or download the app. Or Coinbase (which is more user friendly)

After you buy move the coins to your ledger. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If you just want to invest and profit off the crash why bother buying and holding actual Bitcoin? Why not just invest in “shares” of bitcoin and sell them when the value goes up like any stock?

You know what's really scary? The banks are even more illiquid and over-leveraged than FTX and some of these other crypto companies.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You know what's really scary? The banks are even more illiquid and over-leveraged than FTX and some of these other crypto companies.

They may carry more leverage, but absolute leverage amount is not as important as the amount of risk tied to that leverage.  

Over-leveraged would imply the risk posture is too great.

Given the amount of volatility in crytpo, any leverage by crypto firms should've had pretty tight limits if they were being responsible, but let's be honest; they purposely leveraged to the hilt in order to manipulate prices.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

They may carry more leverage, but absolute leverage amount is not as important as the amount of risk tied to that leverage.  

Over-leveraged would imply the risk posture is too great.

Given the amount of volatility in crytpo, any leverage by crypto firms should've had pretty tight limits if they were being responsible, but let's be honest; they purposely leveraged to the hilt in order to manipulate prices.

The risk posture is too great. The difference is they know the government will bail them out. Crypto firms don't have that same luxury so I do agree with you firms should have had tight limits and absolutely manipulated prices. 

Binance sure seems like they're really trying to stick it to FTX. 

Publicize potential liquidity issues.

Announce a letter of intent to acquire 

Very publically back out of potential acquisition after supposedly looking at financials.

If you were trying to start a run on deposits this would be a great way to do it.  This almost seems malicious.

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The CEO of FTX was Bidens second biggest individual contributor. Lol. 

Got what he deserved.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Absolutely shiit the bed. 

The most expensive pet rock trend in history. 😋

It did sh1t the bed, but not before A LOT of people made A LOT of money. It was around 9 cents when people started getting into it

42 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Dumb people freak out, smart people get rich 

I remember a lot of people saying the very same thing as Enron's stock price was tanking.  Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

I remember a lot of people saying the very same thing as Enron's stock price was tanking.  Good luck!

This is like the 6th "crash" ive been through with crypto. Doesn't even phase me anymore. I make money everytime it crashes. All the monkeys sell and the people that have always made money with crypto keep making more. The only people that get focked are the ones using sh!t exchanges or they panic sell. 

16 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hey man, just because you've never taken a risk in your life or done anything outside of your 9-5 doesn't mean you need to sh!t on people who do try. Plus you look stupid saying Blockchain is a Ponzi scheme, peak boomer dumbness.