Sign in to follow this  
phan a tic

String Theory / Dark Matter

I made it through High School with a B average. Took Algebra, Geometry and even Trigonometry.

Passed two years of a foreign Language and History, Geography and Government. Passed Public Speaking and Creative Writing. Also Economics. And of course Science, Chemistry and Biology.

Three years of College (HMIM) with a 3.1 GPA.

I even ran a successful business for many many years.

But I just can't wrap my head around String Theory nor Dark Matter.

Now I know there's quite a few geniuses here; I see it in all those Political 'discussions'. (yes, I'm kidding) But honestly, does anybody here really understand String Theory or Dark Matter?

Enough to explain it in as few words as possible.

I'm guessing the answer is no. Amirite?

• Like 1

Ever watch men in Black? Remember when they panned out at the end and our universe was a marble. String theory is like that except we are a guitar string on God's guitar.

Dark matter is like regular matter except it is black, hence the name.

I made it through High School with a B average. Took Algebra, Geometry and even Trigonometry.

Passed two years of a foreign Language and History, Geography and Government. Passed Public Speaking and Creative Writing. Also Economics. And of course Science, Chemistry and Biology.

Now I know there's quite a few geniuses here; I see it in all those Political 'discussions'. (yes, I'm kidding) But honestly, does anybody here really understand String Theory or Dark Matter?

not to say you aren't smart or anything but none of your credentials listed would imply that you have the brain power to understand complex science and theorems

might I direct you this way

http://www.dummies.com/education/science/physics/string-theory-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

Too bad Giants Fan isn't here anymore, he's the one who came up with it. :(

I don't understand String theory and such, but the "parallel universes" theory was created because the math doesn't work without it. Which means it's probably hogwash.

• Like 1

Dark matter... the problem is the name. Its actually dark gravity. If you think of it as a gravity instead of matter it makes it easier to unnerstand.

We can detect it... we dont know what is causing it.

In fact if we measure the gravity in space...85% of it has no known origin. The word Matter is what screws it up.

I watch and read Leonard Susskind's work on String Theory - as well every thing else.

Although I don't always understand the mathematics, I'm fascinated with the study.

It's obvious there is a higher power, a god. Nothing else makes sense. Suck it.

• Like 1

All of life is energy, connected, and there are dimensions which we cannot see.

Quite a few physicists believe that the universe shouldn't even exist. There is an equal amount of matter and anti-matter, and it should all cancel each other out.

Quite a few physicists believe that the universe shouldn't even exist. There is an equal amount of matter and anti-matter, and it should all cancel each other out.

Thank god there's a god. Right?