Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

My brother said it was his favorite of the Disney ones, and hes pretty hardcore about Star Wars. Has nerd tattoos and everything.

Im gonna catch it over the holiday.

There have only been two other Disney Star Wars movies.

Does your brother get to go with everyone else, or do they actually have a Downs syndrome only showing?

There have only been two other Disney Star Wars movies.

Does your brother get to go with everyone else, or do they actually have a Downs syndrome only showing?

:lol:

Big fan of series, 5 out 10. Hamill right that evolution of Skywalker doesnt make sense. The Finn/Rose storyline was so pointless, it accomplished NOTHING, except bringing the codebreaker that revealed the cloaked transports. You remove all that crap, get down to the planet quicker for a last battle and this comes in at a nice 2:00 hours rather than however bloated it ended up being. And still no clue as to who Snoke was or how he came to being, so that was pretty bs.

Big fan of series, 5 out 10. Hamill right that evolution of Skywalker doesnt make sense. The Finn/Rose storyline was so pointless, it accomplished NOTHING, except bringing the codebreaker that revealed the cloaked transports. You remove all that crap, get down to the planet quicker for a last battle and this comes in at a nice 2:00 hours rather than however bloated it ended up being. And still no clue as to who Snoke was or how he came to being, so that was pretty bs.

Spot on.

I was never a big crazed fan of the series in general but had to see this in the theatre. The visuals were outstanding, but even for me, a kind of fair weather fan, the plot was terrible and had so many holes......and it was way too long.

Reminded me of that one superman where superman has a bunch of extra powers.

Oh dead yoda can throw lightening bolts. That's handy.

Oh now two people can force facetime. Cool I guess.

Oh now force people can survive in space. Why not?

I was never a big crazed fan of the series in general but had to see this in the theatre. The visuals were outstanding, but even for me, a kind of fair weather fan, the plot was terrible and had so many holes......and it was way too long.

YOOGE star wars nerd growing up. had the figurines and vehicles and what not.

Was never more excited about a movie release than I was for The Phantom Menace (I was 26 at the time), was meh, but I was a SW nerd so I forced myself to like it

attack of the clones was meh as well. but I knew the revenge of the stiff (I was 32 now!) was going to be amazing because that was how we got to see Anakin turn into darth vader.

those 3 pretty much ruined SW for me.

I gave The force awakens a chance, (42 now) wow what a pathetically terrible movie. disney forcing their liberal bullchit down my throat. a black storm trooper and a lady as the lead character? a dude from Lena Dunham's show as the main bad guy? fock you disney

I am done with SW

get off my lawn

Reminded me of that one superman where superman has a bunch of extra powers.

Oh dead yoda can throw lightening bolts. That's handy.

Oh now two people can force facetime. Cool I guess.

Oh now force people can survive in space. Why not?

That's what I hated the most..I always thought the force was kind of a thing, an energy, undefined but there...not some source of superpowers.......Hated that tremendously.

YOOGE star wars nerd growing up. had the figurines and vehicles and what not.

Was never more excited about a movie release than I was for The Phantom Menace (I was 26 at the time), was meh, but I was a SW nerd so I forced myself to like it

attack of the clones was meh as well. but I knew the revenge of the stiff (I was 32 now!) was going to be amazing because that was how we got to see Anakin turn into darth vader.

those 3 pretty much ruined SW for me.

I gave The force awakens a chance, (42 now) wow what a pathetically terrible movie. disney forcing their liberal bullchit down my throat. a black storm trooper and a lady as the lead character? a dude from Lena Dunham's show as the main bad guy? fock you disney

I am done with SW

get off my lawn

Funny I said the same thing to th wife and she thought i was nuts.

Summarize....

Black Male Hero Storm Trooper

Asian Female Hero for the resistance--that was guarding doors...but whatever--she's an asian female so she must be great

White Female newest and GREATEST Jedi

White Female general replaces White Female General Leia.

White male fighter gets shown up by smarter thinking White Female General. He was reduced to a buffoon flyboy

White Male former best Jedi ever is a snivelling wimpy quitter. That needs white female jedi to convince him to stop being a puss bag

White Male is the enemy in Kylo Ren

I left the movie hating my white male privilege

Funny I said the same thing to th wife and she thought i was nuts.

Summarize....

Black Male Hero Storm Trooper

Asian Female Hero for the resistance--that was guarding doors...but whatever--she's an asian female so she must be great

White Female newest and GREATEST Jedi

White Female general replaces White Female General Leia.

White male fighter gets shown up by smarter thinking White Female General. He was reduced to a buffoon flyboy

White Male former best Jedi ever is a snivelling wimpy quitter. That needs white female jedi to convince him to stop being a puss bag

White Male is the enemy in Kylo Ren

I left the movie hating my white male privilege

one step at a time they are trying to reprogram the world

Lol at you morons reading into the race of the characters and pretending to care. Oh no a black stormtrooper! Fakest outrage ever.

Lol at you morons reading into the race of the characters and pretending to care. Oh no a black stormtrooper! Fakest outrage ever.

disney takes over, has nothing to do with it. :wacko:

I have a man sized Chewbacca onesie I wear on cold days.

Did you make a flap to take a dump out of? I imagine otberwise it'd be like wiping peanut butter out of a shag carpet....

I don't have the energy to be outraged. I did find it funny though

There's only "diversity" on the rebel side. ALL the bad guys are white guys. Aside from Poe and Luke I think the only white dudes on the rebel side are the ones they show for like 10 seconds before they get blown up, or else extras in trenches.

Exactly as I said, "the right amount of diversity" White people, especially white men are evil people who want to take over the world/galaxy.

I also like the pandering to the Chinese market.

I found the problem. They are more concerned about peoples sex and skin color than they are are about hiring the the best people and telling a good story.

Five days a week, in the foggy hills of San Francisco, 11 writers and artists discuss the minutiae of storm troopers. This is the Lucasfilm story group, and its members hold the keys to everything “Star Wars”: Under their guidance, the franchise’s narratives are linked no matter the platform, whether it’s television, games, theme parks, publishing, merchandise or, of course, film. With their ideas shaping each character and setting, they don’t see themselves as gatekeepers but as partners furthering the stories their creators want to tell.
Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.