Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '17-'18

Michigan on fire, but I don't buy into teams as national title contenders without at least a couple NBA first rounders.

Also adding in that the Big 10 had to play their tournament in the Garden, they will have 11-12 days before their next game... That is plenty of time to cool a team off...

Going to be nice to see my MIZZOU Tigers in the dance once again and getting to see at least one game in Vegas next week,just hoping it's not another Norfolk State repeat.

If you guys want to see the future of ku post play (at least for next year) turn on the ku game and watch de Sousa; raw but sky is the limit!

Going to be nice to see my MIZZOU Tigers in the dance once again and getting to see at least one game in Vegas next week,just hoping it's not another Norfolk State repeat.

you going to sign up for the hat tourney? Just think, I could run you up a ku hat to start wearing!

Did mizzou think the bulldogs were just gonna roll over once mpj took the court :dunno:

Great showing by ku

Great showing by ku

At least they didn't need 35 to two free throws...

you going to sign up for the hat tourney? Just think, I could run you up a ku hat to start wearing!

The only use I'd have for a KU hat is to wipe my ass with it.

The committee had a hard-on for teams that haven't been good in two months.

Not a Big 12 fan but would've like to have seen Ok State get in over Oklahoma

Arizona vs Kentucky...I think the committee had a rare moment of clarity and realized that anyone who drew those two teams as a 4 and a 5 would be getting screwed, so they just paired them with each other.

Not a Big 12 fan but would've like to have seen Ok State get in over Oklahoma

yep, okie state got screwed. I guess all you need to earn a tournament birth is an overhyped player.

Also, bless the committee for tossing Mizzou out west :thumbsup:

yep, okie state got screwed. I guess all you need to earn a tournament birth is an overhyped player.

Oklahoma and Arizona State proved that as long as you have a really great November/December, your bid will be set as long as you don't lose literally all of your games in the last two months.

Also, am I the only one that finds it hilarious that they spent all that time talking about not relying on the RPI as much anymore, using KenPom and other metrics more...and then they just went right back to full 'RPI is god' mode with the quadrant system?

I'm just glad they're in again as it makes the annual MM Vegas trip a little more exciting getting to watch your team play.

Oklahoma and Arizona State proved that as long as you have a really great November/December, your bid will be set as long as you don't lose literally all of your games in the last two months.

Also, am I the only one that finds it hilarious that they spent all that time talking about not relying on the RPI as much anymore, using KenPom and other metrics more...and then they just went right back to full 'RPI is god' mode with the quadrant system?

ASU went undefeated in pre-season including wins vs. Xavier and at Kansas (2 of the #1 teams). Then they hit PAC-12 play and did very little. I don't know if it is true, but talk here is that the PAC-12 officiating was not in, shall we say, support of ASU. I'm not typically one to blame officials but the binary difference in results is a bit baffling. I guess we'll see how they do in the tourney. :cheers:

I don't ever recall a #1 seed being only a 14.5 favorite which is what KU opened at and now down to 14.The other three #1's are 22 pt and higher favs.

I don't ever recall a #1 seed being only a 14.5 favorite which is what KU opened at and now down to 14.The other three #1's are 22 pt and higher favs.

penn should be a #14 :ninja:

As long as they don't pull off a Norfolk State who cares :banana:

penn should be a #14 :ninja:

As long as they don't pull off a Norfolk State who cares :banana:

From a gambling viewpoint I care

Bump for tourney time

Why wouldnt today's first game be an OT game

Michigan on fire, but I don't buy into teams as national title contenders without at least a couple NBA first rounders.

Granted you said "contenders", but if you look at the Most Outstaning Player list from the NCAAs, other than Davis a few years ago you have to go back to Hakeem and Ewing in the Mid 80's to find a legitimate NBA star.

ETA: Carmelo Anthony in early 2000s as well.

Miami choke, lol. Turn it over with a 1 point lead, get away with it. Miss your free throw, give up buzzer beater three to lose.

Miami choke, lol. Turn it over with a 1 point lead, get away with it. Miss your free throw, give up buzzer beater three to lose.

So sloppy last minute by both.

So, anyone still wondering how the Pac-12 'only' got three teams in?

Nah the UB Bulls are just way better than anyone realizes.

I guess my bracket which had ku beating Zona in the final isn't looking good :bench:

I guess my bracket which had ku beating Zona in the final isn't looking good :bench:

PAC 12 basketball is straight garbage.

So, anyone still wondering how the Pac-12 'only' got three teams in?

Pac 12 suuuucks. I hope it was worth the price Sean Miller.

Purdue has to hold the mark for worst luck in the tournament. The last time they had a legit national championship chance, Robbie Hummel went down before the tournament. Now Isaac Haas breaks his elbow, done for the year.

Purdue has to hold the mark for worst luck in the tournament. The last time they had a legit national championship chance, Robbie Hummel went down before the tournament. Now Isaac Haas breaks his elbow, done for the year.

Fitting...had them winning and my bracket sucked anyway

It's a travesty to watch what West Virginia tries to call basketball.