Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

70's or 90's Music draft

Through two drafts nobody has ever double dipped artists. That's been the honor system rather than a rule and may not be the case in the 60s.

I almost guarantee I will break that in the 60s and 90s for opposite reasons.

In the 60s, there are bands too deep to draft that way. Beatles, stones, etc.

In the 90s, the field as a whole is shallow, so I may double dip the great artists.

Through two drafts nobody has ever double dipped artists. That's been the honor system rather than a rule and may not be the case in the 60s.

Do you mean that people will double dip in the sixties or that it may be a rule that you can't?

In the 90s, the field as a whole is shallow, so I may double dip the great artists.

True...there are a few artists with a shallower pool in the 90s where Id be happy to have two songs from an artist...different songs that offer a bit different things from them.

If it's not made into a hard-and-fast rule right now it's going to be violated. For the same reason you mentioned, I like what we've done, but we've done it on the honor system. That said, although I don't like it, it sure would make my life easier in the 90s draft.

Maybe you can take two songs, but one has to be an album cut (non-single)? Would also open things up for people to pick songs that are off other people's radars.

If it's not made into a hard-and-fast rule right now it's going to be violated. For the same reason you mentioned, I like what we've done, but we've done it on the honor system. That said, it sure would make my life easier in the 90s draft.

There goes my all Tony Orlando and Dawn strategy.

If it's not made into a hard-and-fast rule right now it's going to be violated. For the same reason you mentioned, I like what we've done, but we've done it on the honor system. That said, it sure would make my life easier in the 90s draft.

Fine by me if someone does that. I have chosen not to thus far, but like I say, may choose otherwise in the future.

I almost chose gold dust woman as my second Fleetwood Mac song and also thought about fool in the rain or dyer maker for a second Zep song. I chose not to, as I had bands like the doors, the Beatles, etc. I hadnt taken at all.

In hindsight, I shouldnt have taken stairway in the first. Wish I had taken bohemian raphsody at #2, and picked up one of the aforementioned zep songs late. Would have been better that way.

I will draft accordingly in the 60s and let the big deep bands fall a while. The difference between the #1 Beatles song and the #6 means little.

Now in the 90s I have a song I really want in the first. Hope I get a high enough pick to land it. I figure it will take top 5.

Maybe you can take two songs, but one has to be an album cut (non-single)? Would also open things up for people to pick songs that are off other people's radars.

I say no rules. Let people draft how they want. If someone thinks 5 Beatles songs are the best five songs of the sixties, go for it. Let the voters sort it out.

No rules. Draft whoever the Fvck you want whenever the Fvck you want

When it's your turn of course. :ninja:

Yup.

Stop nerding up this geek club activity.

I love 90s rock. I will gladly draft a playlist of Sonic Youth, the Pixies, Fugazi, Massive Attack, Pavement etc. and let you guys draft of the grunge, nu metal and R&B you want.[/quote

Draft with us man. Youll love it and people will get to know the real you. Really youll find that the music will bring you closer to people you wouldnt expect. Thats why it was opened up to everyone. Do it for the board.

I love 90s rock. I will gladly draft a playlist of Sonic Youth, the Pixies, Fugazi, Massive Attack, Pavement etc. and let you guys draft of the grunge, nu metal and R&B you want.[/quote

Draft with us man. Youll love it and people will get to know the real you. Really youll find that the music will bring you closer to people you wouldnt expect. Thats why it was opened up to everyone. Do it for the board.

This isTEK in case you forgot

I think the vote will be even more meaningless after this draft as the volume of songs being picked with 18 (and counting) people means voters aren't going to know sh*t about half the songs anyway.

ame="Secret Asian Man" post="6149791" timestamp="1517765595"]

We leave the bs from the board out of it. Its about the music and if someone not drafting comes to troll you they are dealt with.

This isTEK in case you forgot

I love 90s rock. I will gladly draft a playlist of Sonic Youth, the Pixies, Fugazi, Massive Attack, Pavement etc. and let you guys draft of the grunge, nu metal and R&B you want.

Too bad the best Pixies songs are from the 80s.

PS. Youre in for a rude awakening. All of your Fugazi and Sonic Youth is belong to me.

Too bad the best Pixies songs are from the 80s.

Isn't that true of all the music across the board though?

Isn't that true of all the music across the board though?

Not sure I understand? Are you saying the 80s was the best decade for music, or bands that released music in both the 80s and 90s made their best music in the 80s?

Not sure I understand? Are you saying the 80s was the best decade for music, or bands that released music in both the 80s and 90s made their best music in the 80s?

Just focking with ya.

90s were a frustrating decade for music for me, others surely disagree. It's all subjective.

In trth, I can think of some songs that a couple of bands released in the 90s that were better than the best song put ou in the 80s.

I'll take whoever wants in by the time the Super Bowl starts and roll randomly then. We can begin as soon as that happens.

I'll take whoever wants in by the time the Super Bowl starts and roll randomly then. We can begin as soon as that happens.

Nice

Should wait until tomorrow to give non weekend posters a chance to sign up. That's why I said 3PM Monday EST.

That and we didn't even finish the voting if 70's. No rush