Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

***NFL Draft/ NFL Combine talk

I hope he gets jumped in the parking lot :lol:

Akers is a black belt in jiu jitsu and karate. Hed smack the sh1t out of those dumb, fat Dall-Ass slobs. :first:

This ######'s becoming unwatchable.

Becoming? Televising any draft is unwatchable...

Becoming? Televising any draft is unwatchable...

It doesnt have to be. It used to be more about football. There was a pick. They show footage of the player playing. Then discussion of how the player fits into his new team, etc.

That I liked.

Now its more of a celebrity fap event. They talk about what the players are wearing. The same conversation about the pre draft process over and over. The same bullsh!t about how they were passed over and will prove they were slighted, blah blah.

Just part of the continual vapidizing of our culture.

Ben won't be there for "a few years". I'm surprised he is playing this year. :dunno:

That was my initial thought also. He might play next year.

Giants are having a real good weekend.

Giants and Skins killing it. Cowboys doing ok. Eagles not so much.

Eagles have the luxury of knowing they already have a championship caliber roster.

Yes. The Eagles don't seem to have had a plan

Titans only draft four players. But I like them.

Rashaan Evans will be a starter Day one. Looks like he could become the qb of the defense for a long time to come. Was also the biggest gap on the roster. A+

Harold Landry will likely rotate with orakpo and Morgan this season, seeing more action on third down. He had an injury plagued 2017 campaign, but was fire in 2016. I think he can develop into a great pass rusher soon, which is good as both starters are on final years of their contracts, and Kevin Dodd is a bust. A+

Dane Cruikshank looks good. Good size and speed. Versatile enough to provide depth at all DB positions. Might push cyprian for a starting spot down the road, who is now the weakest link on defense. A+

Luke Falk looks like a qb with some potential. 70% college completion percentage. Looks like he can read the field. Played in an air raid offense and doesnt have a great arm, but appears he could develop into something. Since mariota is often hurt, and Gabbert is the backup, I like getting a qb to develop for future backup duty, and maybe trade bait. Taken in the Tom Brady slot.

Just now getting around to looking at our picks.... My initial thoughts, really like our 1st pick - but disgusted with our 2 rounder.. What is it with this dumbass Cowboys team - they continue to shiit Fock the bed on 2nd rounders.

Just now getting around to looking at our picks.... My initial thoughts, really like our 1st pick - but disgusted with our 2 rounder.. What is it with this dumbass Cowboys team - they continue to shiit Fock the bed on 2nd rounders.

You guys took three undrafted Iowa State players for god sakes.

Happy with what the Packers did. Should shore up the secondary allowing Pettine to be aggressive with the Dline. Getting a solid LB that can contribute on ST and in sub packages immediately.

Adding solid prospects at OL and size and speed at WR is nice too.

Not sure about a punter in the 5th but if he can pin teams deep its worth it.

As soon as the packers absolutely raped the saints in that trade they did their job.

Packers were looking WTF? In the beginning, but they turned it around quick. Ted Thompson, who for some reason Packers fans around here defended, has left the building. Saints were stupid to let a team with A Rodgers at QB improve.

Cowboys draft: B-

Pros

* Went Defense with 1st pick - got a really solid player in Vander Esch.

* Michael Gallap - wow, what a great pick. Not only did this address a WR need, but to get this kind of talent in the 3rd was a home run.

* Mike White, admittedly I had to Google him.. But from all accounts this kid checks all the boxes on what a QB should be... Also like that we drafted one, never know if you might get lucky.

* Got a solid TE with upside.

* Trades - making a few appeared to be part of the draft strategy.

Cons

* Week 17 - that stupid ass meaningless win cost this franchise Derwin James. Just another in a long list of Red Garrett blunders.. If James turns out to be Sean Taylor or Kam Chancellor, I'm going to flip.

* Connor Williams - hated this pick.

Now before you flip out and start tossing "great value pick", "fills a huge need", etc... let me preface by saying it's not that I think C. Williams is a bust... I'm sure he's going to fit right in and has a chance to be a really solid LG..... But by taking Connor Williams in the 2nd Round, Dallas just announced to the entire free world that with 4 1st Round offensive lineman and even with Zeke Elliot in the backfield - you still have to go out and fire a 2nd round pick at a LG to make it all work.. Really, with all that you still need top draft pick to move the ball???? 2 perennial All Pro lineman in Z. Martin and T. Smith, 1 Pro Bowler in T. Fredrick, L. Collins and all world RB Zeke Elliot - and you can't find a LG somewhere other than the 2nd round???

Nate Newton was an undrafted journeyman, on his 3rd team and damn near cut by Dallas just before Jimmy got here. Mark Tuinei was an undrafted DT, picked up on a lark and turned into a RT.. And John Gesek was a 10th Round pick Dallas later traded a 5th rounder for.... 3 of the "Great Wall" were barely on rosters and Jimmy found a way to turn them into a legendary unit..... And we can't find 1 stinking LG, surrounded by all world lineman and an all world RB - without spending a 2nd on - that's freaking pitiful.

What's that? The patriots traded down again.

Cowboys draft: solid B-

Pros

* Went Defense with 1st pick - got a really solid player in Vander Esch.

* Michael Gallap - wow, what a great pick. Not only did this address a WR need, but to get this kind of talent in the 3rd was a home run.

* Mike White, admittedly I had to Google him.. But from all accounts this kid checks all the boxes on what a QB should be... Also like that we drafted one, never know if you might get lucky.

* Got a solid TE with upside.

* Trades - making a few appeared to be part of the draft strategy.

Cons

* Week 17 - that stupid ass meaningless win cost this franchise Derwin James. Just another in a long list of Red Garrett blunders.. If James turns out to be Sean Taylor or Kam Chancellor, I'm going to flip.

* Connor Williams - hated this pick.

Now before you flip out and start tossing "great value pick", "fills a huge need", etc... let me preface by saying it's not that I think C. Williams is a bust... I'm sure he's going to fit right in and has a chance to be a really solid LG..... But by taking Connor Williams in the 2nd Round, Dallas just announced to the entire free world that with 4 1st Round offensive lineman and even with Zeke Elliot in the backfield - you still have to go out and fire a 2nd round pick at a LG to make it all work.. Really, with all that you still need top draft pick to move the ball???? 2 perennial All Pro lineman in Z. Martin and T. Smith, 1 Pro Bowler in T. Fredrick, L. Collins and all world RB Zeke Elliot - and you can't find a LG somewhere other than the 2nd round???

Nate Newton was an undrafted journeyman, on his 3rd team and damn near cut by Dallas just before Jimmy got here. Mark Tuinei was an undrafted DT, picked up on a lark and turned into a RT.. And John Gesek was a 10th Round pick Dallas later traded a 5th rounder for.... 3 of the "Great Wall" were barely on rosters and Jimmy found a way to turn them into a legendary unit..... And we can't find 1 stinking LG, surrounded by all world lineman and an all world RB - without spending a 2nd on - that's freaking pitiful.

Well, seeing as how you have an inconsistent at best qb, and pretty much nothing at all in the pass catcher department, Id expect youll be seeing a lot of nine man boxes, until dak and the rookies can make teams respect the pass.

That being the case, you may need all the line you can get. (I tend to think a wr or te would have made more sense actually.)

Well, seeing as how you have an inconsistent at best qb, and pretty much nothing at all in the pass catcher department, Id expect youll be seeing a lot of nine man boxes, until dak and the rookies can make teams respect the pass.

That being the case, you may need all the line you can get. (I tend to think a wr or te would have made more sense actually.)

9 man fronts are nothing new for this team - but with 4 1st rounders already, you should be able to find a guard.

On a side note: apparently Dallas offered a 3rd to SEA for E. Thomas, they never responded, so Jerry took Michael Gallup.

9 man fronts are nothing new for this team - but with 4 1st rounders already, you should be able to find a guard.

On a side note: apparently Dallas offered a 3rd to SEA for E. Thomas, they never responded, so Jerry took Michael Gallup.

Make it a 1st and 3rd and it's a deal. Offer a 2nd and we'll talk.

Just a 3rd and you get the sound of silence. Not even the Simon & Garfunkel original. You get the Disturbed remake!

Make it a 1st and 3rd and it's a deal. Offer a 2nd and we'll talk.

Just a 3rd and you get the sound of silence. Not even the Simon & Garfunkel original. You get the Disturbed remake!

ET is in the final year of his deal, SEA has zero leverage.. .No way in hell I would of been happy offering a 1st and a 3rd for him, prolly not even a 2nd.

ET is going to end up walking and SEA is going to get left holding a bag of nothing.

Packers A

1. Jaire Alexander and basically picking up a free 1st next year from saints is great.

2. Josh Jackson a corner they probably considered in the 1st got him in the 2nd.

3. Oren Burks a former safety. Can run and cover real well for a LB something they needed bad.

Got 3 big athletic WRs in the 4th 5th and 6th round. One being Equanimeous St. Brown from ND who at one point was a 1st round prospect. Was a 2nd or 3rd rounder in mocks before draft. Got him in the 6th and reunite him with Kizer a bit.

Similar to how they drafted 3 RBs late last year and 2 of them ended up contributing right away. If they hit on one of these late WRs it would be very nice.

Packers may have won the draft or at least in the conversation. Not ideal to go CB-CB but the value was great and not like they cant use all the help they can get there.

CB for the Packers is finally deep.

Kevin King (2017 2nd round pick)

Tramon Williams

Davon House

Jaire Alexander

Josh Jackson

ET is in the final year of his deal, SEA has zero leverage.. .No way in hell I would of been happy offering a 1st and a 3rd for him, prolly not even a 2nd.

ET is going to end up walking and SEA is going to get left holding a bag of nothing.

They'll probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so losing him a year early to get 20 spots better in the 3rd isn't even worth discussing.