Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Windows 10 updates

I just got a new laptop as the system board died on my old one. I'm setting it up and it is taking over an hour to install updates. I have the fastest internet Al Gore offers and could have downloaded the world's known Hentai pron collection in the time it takes to update this thing.

Any IT folks know why it takes so focking long? :wall:

it's a lot of spyware to download.

Also just wait until you're doing something and W10 is like fock you time to update.

88% complete, woot! Except it has been in the 80s for 30 minutes... And this is the second time cycling through 100%, so maybe there is another cycle. :(

88% complete, woot! Except it has been in the 80s for 30 minutes... And this is the second time cycling through 100%, so maybe there is another cycle. :(

Finally done. Cycled through a few more times. Got Chrome, Firefox installed (prefer Firefox w/AdBlock for pron). All is working well. :cheers:

One nice thing is that this keyboard is way better than my previous one. I had been on a Lenovo Yoga, now on a Dell Inspiron. Costco had a deal for $700, $200 off regular price.

I've never had a problem with my Windows 10. Ever.

Apple - for the price - is never worth it. Ever.

(shots fired)

Agreed... Apple isn't worth it...

I've never had a problem with my Windows 10. Ever.

Apple - for the price - is never worth it. Ever.

(shots fired)

I disagree wholeheartedly. On pc anyway. Phone is a different beast.

I know lots of people rocking ancient MacBooks that never die. They just last. The hardware is solid. The software is simpler, less prone to virus and malware attacks, and just focking works.

Last windows pc I had bothered me daily to update sh!t. Constantly had malware and viruses.

If I lived elsewhere, I could see Android vs. Apple phones. The money vs. what you get just favors Android.

Not so for pc.

I disagree wholeheartedly. On pc anyway. Phone is a different beast.

I know lots of people rocking ancient MacBooks that never die. They just last. The hardware is solid. The software is simpler, less prone to virus and malware attacks, and just focking works.

Last windows pc I had bothered me daily to update sh!t. Constantly had malware and viruses.

If I lived elsewhere, I could see Android vs. Apple phones. The money vs. what you get just favors Android.

Not so for pc.

And I've had the same experience on all of my PC's. :shrug:

Apple is simply not worth the 2x, 3x or 4x the cost of PCs.

Finally done. Cycled through a few more times. Got Chrome, Firefox installed (prefer Firefox w/AdBlock for pron). All is working well. :cheers:

One nice thing is that this keyboard is way better than my previous one. I had been on a Lenovo Yoga, now on a Dell Inspiron. Costco had a deal for $700, $200 off regular price.

I do like Dells keyboard but the rest of it is shiot imo. Bought one a couple years ago that was supposedly one of their better models and its just never worked that well.

Lenovo is best imo but theyve gotten pricey

And I've had the same experience on all of my PC's. :shrug:

Apple is simply not worth the 2x, 3x or 4x the cost of PCs.

Apple is for the dumb fock old people who can't help but click on every single ad they see and infect their system with viruses.

Apple is for the dumb fock old people who can't help but click on every single ad they see and infect their system with viruses.

The only reason apple get less viruses is it has like a 5% market share. In business, its far less than that. Its not like some super special unicorn OS. If youre writing malicious software, are you going to go after 95% of PCs and the big financial institutions, or some queers who draw pictures on their computers for a living?

• Like 1

The only reason apple get less viruses is it has like a 5% market share. In business, its far less than that. Its not like some super special unicorn OS. If youre writing malicious software, are you going to go after 95% of PCs and the big financial institutions, or some queers who draw pictures on their computers for a living?

This mobb_deep guy knows what he's talking about when he's not discussing politics. ;)

Bingo...

Totally I agree with you and thing the apple OS is different from past versions of windows was the OS was kind of segregated from other sectors. So when the OS does get infected it doesn't spread and crap out the whole OS (most of the time). Windows 10 has attempted to follow that approach.

As I said apple computers and iphones are very simple products and easy to use. That's why people like titans use words like "The software is simpler,". Hopefully he doesn't take this as an insult but apple products are built for stupid people. They are very hard to screw it up.

Apple makes great quality products. They are way over priced for sure and not as safe as their user believe them to be, but still a good product

This mobb_deep guy knows what he's talking about when he's not discussing politics. ;)

Thats why I generally stay away from politics. Especially on this forearm, where Im a bleeding heart liberal thats for gun rights and strong immigration policies, and one of the republican regulars is for gun control and pro-choice. Theres really nowhere to even start a productive debate from there...

Totally I agree with you and thing the apple OS is different from past versions of windows was the OS was kind of segregated from other sectors. So when the OS does get infected it doesn't spread and crap out the whole OS (most of the time). Windows 10 has attempted to follow that approach.

As I said apple computers and iphones are very simple products and easy to use. That's why people like titans use words like "The software is simpler,". Hopefully he doesn't take this as an insult but apple products are built for stupid people. They are very hard to screw it up.

Apple makes great quality products. They are way over priced for sure and not as safe as their user believe them to be, but still a good product

This should be repeated over and over. This is spot on.

I'm still using a bootlegged copy of Windows 7. :ninja:

Bill Gates can suck it.

"And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade." - Bill Gates

"And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade." - Bill Gates

What else can pc users steal? Linux or Mac? Worthless for my pc needs.

I will say whenever I do eventually upgrade, I'll buy from a 3rd party. Kinguin.net currently sells Win 10 pro for $32. Microsoft.com wants $199!!! Ridiculous.

Not if you was the last immigrant grocer on earth, honey!

1. I understand WHY Apple gets fewer viruses and malware. Why doesnt matter to me. I have two choices. One has a problem the other doesnt, that simple.

2. Sure. Apple software is largely idiot proof. Hell, even my parents, who are tech retarded, have never managed to Fock up their Apple stuff.

Do I need such simplicity? No. I started using computers in the MS DOS era, and have been through every iteration of windows that exists. Im quite capable of operating windows on a pretty high level.

But all I really want my computer to do is a pretty simple list of tasks. Why make sh!t more complex than it needs to be?

I will 100% agree on the overpriced thing. Particularly the phones. Honestly, if you compare high end laptops, apple is not as far out of line. The super thin light laptops are all expensive.

I have my gripes with Apple, cost being right at the top of the list. But I like their products better than the alternatives, so Ill stay put.

Lets assume youre right. Why would an average consumer, using their computer for common functions, ever want to put up with the hassle involved in protecting a Windows-based PC?

ETA what Titans said

PS Being facile with computers isnt macho.

Lets assume youre right. Why would an average consumer, using their computer for common functions, ever want to put up with the hassle involved in protecting a Windows-based PC?

ETA what Titans said

Because it's not really a hassle.

ETA what Titans said

Its like people around here think having a more complicated pain in the ass option is more manly. A real masochistic bent around here.

Because it's not really a hassle.

Good for you. I remember my PC crashing and requiring far more updates than my Mac. Granted, I haven’t had a PC in over a decade, in part because Macs seem to last longer.

Its like people around here think having a more complicated pain in the ass option is more manly. A real masochistic bent around here.

I like manual transmissions, but I’d gladly drive an automatic if I spent all my time in traffic.

ETA what Titans said

Im not really concerned about comparing my masculinity to a Mac using vegetarian. Youre clearly on some next level retard strength.